Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City's Independent Supporters Association

I hope the Tiger Talk Forum don't mind me copying this on to here for view

***CALLING ALL SUPPORTERS***

The first meeting of the Truro Independent Supporters Association will be held at 7.30pm on Wednesday 8th December at Truro Railway Club.

You will have the chance to vote in the new Committee and air your views on what you would like from TISA.

If you would like to be considered for a position on the Committee please PM me by Monday 6th December with your name and position(s) applied for. Sorry, no officials from the Football Club may apply.

Positions available:

Chairman

Vice Chairman

Secretary

Treasurer

Away Travel Sec.

2 General members

Couple of things

Will there be enough people there who care? Most Truro supporters are new and only care about the prawn sandwiches and promotions. :o

Secondly, do I remember correctly, Mr Heaney was taking films or pictures of the dissenting voices at home matches. Threatening to ban them for singing, etc. If so how are these people going to know if there isn't a spy amongst the crowd at the meeting, writing down names, secret spy camera, etc, etc. :ninja:

How are they going to arrive, dark glasses, hoodies pulled up, red and black scarf wrapped around their faces? B)

Also why no position for a publicity officer for their group. I know one or two people who might oblige. :P

Will there be a secret hand-shake so members know each other at matches and meetings? :lol:

Couple of things

Will there be enough people there who care? Most Truro supporters are new and only care about the prawn sandwiches and promotions. :o

Secondly, do I remember correctly, Mr Heaney was taking films or pictures of the dissenting voices at home matches. Threatening to ban them for singing, etc. If so how are these people going to know if there isn't a spy amongst the crowd at the meeting, writing down names, secret spy camera, etc, etc. :ninja:

How are they going to arrive, dark glasses, hoodies pulled up, red and black scarf wrapped around their faces? B)

Also why no position for a publicity officer for their group. I know one or two people who might oblige. :P

Will there be a secret hand-shake so members know each other at matches and meetings? :lol:

cornishtwaddleboy,

Im not a Truro supporter before you start, but, the crap you write about Truro makes you look like a jealous school boy whos mate lives in a detached house while you live in a cramped council flat! Is it just me or am I the only one that comes on this forum that thinks this guy has very little REAL knowledge of local football ? Statto maybe but knowledgeable about football NO :blink:

A few facts Sonny

When did I start watching football - 1962-63 season

Have I ever managed a football team - Yes

How long have I watched local football in Cornwall - Since 1975-76

Games watched in my life - must be roughly 2900-3000

Am I on a club committee - Yes

Do I know what I'm talking about - Yes

Do I like teasing Truro supporters - YES

Do I mean it - NO

Do I feel sorry for Truro supporters like Robin - You bet I do, watching their club go up the leagues whilst their voice gets smaller and smaller and now counts for nothing.

But my points in the previous posting are well made. Mr Heaney did take photos of supporters who were complaining, threatening to ban them, and what is to stop someone from TCFC, TISA don't know, coming to the meeting, taking notes and reporting back to Mr Heaney?

Do they need a publicity officer - Yes. It's better to speak to the press with one voice rather than the press speaking to many and getting a different answer from each person.

Does TISAS need a Away Travel Sec. - Yes, someone has to work out who has and hasn't coughed up their tenner for the petrol for the Ford Fiesta. :P

A few facts Sonny

When did I start watching football - 1962-63 season

Have I ever managed a football team - Yes

How long have I watched local football in Cornwall - Since 1975-76

Games watched in my life - must be roughly 2900-3000

Am I on a club committee - Yes

Do I know what I'm talking about - Yes

Do I like teasing Truro supporters - YES

Do I mean it - NO

Do I feel sorry for Truro supporters like Robin - You bet I do, watching their club go up the leagues whilst their voice gets smaller and smaller and now counts for nothing.

But my points in the previous posting are well made. Mr Heaney did take photos of supporters who were complaining, threatening to ban them, and what is to stop someone from TCFC, TISA don't know, coming to the meeting, taking notes and reporting back to Mr Heaney?

Do they need a publicity officer - Yes. It's better to speak to the press with one voice rather than the press speaking to many and getting a different answer from each person.

Does TISAS need a Away Travel Sec. - Yes, someone has to work out who has and hasn't coughed up their tenner for the petrol for the Ford Fiesta. :P

Sonny??? I'm old enough to be your dad !

cornishteddyboy should stir at his own club and mind his own business when it comes to others.

The T.I.S.A announcement DOES NOT say Officials of Truro City Football Club cannot attend the meeting so ALL cornishteddyboy has said is irrelevant, it is NOT A SECRET SOCIETY and all those involved ARE WELL KNOWN at Truro, many elsewhere within the Duchy.

What the announcement says is that NO ONE from the Official Football Club can apply for any of the positions shown, Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary etc, that is understandable.

Regarding the photographing, Mr Heaney had (by all accounts) that done as a Health and Safety exercise when people were standing in a seating area, ignoring requests to 'SIT'. Water under the bridge, a one off incident.

I have a Red and Black Scarf AND Hat (no need for a secret handshake) not as any move to undermine the Football Club but to support those who back the team 100% either it be home or away. I am looking forward to the games at Cambridge, Oxford and Windsor during the next two weeks.

There is no need for a publicity officer when there is an organised committee in place made up from people who are all singing from the same hymn sheet.

Away travel will be organised at the discretion of elected officers of the T.I.S.A, cornishteddyboy need not lose any sleep unless he is afraid there won't be a vacant seat for HIM on the away coach.

All is well at Truro City. :yahoo:

Top of the League (Thank You Mr Heaney).