Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy League Promotion

Does anyone have any idea on the number of teams to be promoted from each Duchy League? Particularly with several withdrawals at the start and end of the season and the presumption that three teams will be relegated from the Premier due to Looe's relegation for breach of rules.

Last season saw the top 5 in each league go up and i'm wondering if the same might happen for next season. I hope so, as we rather disappointingly finished 5th in Duchy One.

Any insider knowledge would be appreciated.

Guess a lot depends on whether the rumours of the league reducing the number of divisions from 6 to 5 to give each division more teams and league games are true?

Also it looks like a few teams have applied to join but have yet to meet the "qualified referee" ruling! The AGM should be interesting...

Jiggy

www.clubwebsite.co.uk/stnewlyneastfc

Guess a lot depends on whether the rumours of the league reducing the number of divisions from 6 to 5 to give each division more teams and league games are true?

Also it looks like a few teams have applied to join but have yet to meet the "qualified referee" ruling! The AGM should be interesting...

Jiggy

Cheers for that Jiggy. Lets hope the leagues are made into 5 then! Otherwise see you next season in Duchy One.

Guest Flintstone

More than one of us heard it said today at the Duchy Cup final

that there is a plan for up to 80 teams,

divided into four divisions.

That would mean that pretty much everyone that has applied is in!

And nearly everyone will be promoted!

So, GAME ON! lets hope it's not another wet season. :thumbsup:

The way I see it is that the Duchy League must surely reduce the number of divisions, despite having almost half the season rained off the majority of sides completed their league fixtures in April, or the first week of May!

At the moment there are 74 teams left in the Duchy League following St Teath's promotion.

There is usually a few that drop out & a few that join the league, so with say 75 teams there would be 5 leagues of 15... this would give everyone 28 league games, which would be ideal!

Only playing 20 or 22 league games just isn't enough... if we had a dry winter we'd all be finished by Christmas! I'm sure most clubs would prefer more games; yeah you always get the odd team that is playing catch up; but you're always going to have teams with pitch problems or with big cup runs!

Guest PUAFC Gaffer

A rumour which went past me just recently is that Duchy divisions will contain sixteen teams and five divisions next season. I doubt it will occur but you never know.

pablo, didnt mike newcombe state on here about a month ago that the leagues will remain at six, if so im hoping alot of new clubs will be excepted, seeing as we came 4th I know st columb major have applied to come down from east cwll league, and i think 4 applying, i hope more, we'll find out on the 22nd !

I hope we dont lose Duchy 5 from the divisions as its become a league with such a good following for the new teams that enter.

When i think back to some of the attendances in our games it puts some of the other leagues to shame.

Yeah but Duchy 5 teams and the new teams entering will be in Duchy 4... so won't make a difference!

Guest Flintstone

With Plymouth teams interested in joining, I think the Duchy league will be bigger than ever.

Plymouth teams can get referees for fun, so there won't be a problem with the 'bring a referee'

ruling.

With Plymouth teams interested in joining, I think the Duchy league will be bigger than ever.

Plymouth teams can get referees for fun, so there won't be a problem with the 'bring a referee'

ruling.

All speculation at the moment one thing is for sure the management committee will do the best for all the teams involved,remember it is your league and you are entilted to have your say.The structure for all the leagues will be decided quickly and i am sure that all the clubs involved in the league will be pleasently surprised on how the committee does listen to all your concerns.Have a rest now lads wont be long before it all starts again.

Guest chismuss

ruling.

Hmmmm call me old fashioned guys, but methinks Plymouth aint in the Duchy! More 100mile round trips for next season - oh yeah thanks! Duchy league for Duchy teams - if youre in Devon you have your own county leagues there - or perhaps Holywell Cubert, Bodmin etc should apply for the Devon league? Doubt if it would be accepted! #

Aint being xenophobic, but there are clubs who have massive mileage already, and this should be considered by the League IMHO.

ruling.

Hmmmm call me old fashioned guys, but methinks Plymouth aint in the Duchy! More 100mile round trips for next season - oh yeah thanks! Duchy league for Duchy teams - if youre in Devon you have your own county leagues there - or perhaps Holywell Cubert, Bodmin etc should apply for the Devon league? Doubt if it would be accepted! #

Aint being xenophobic, but there are clubs who have massive mileage already, and this should be considered by the League IMHO.

There have already been Devon clubs in the Duchy for years, and the travelling to plymouth would be no worse than North Cornwall clubs travelling to Gerrans, Holywell, St Newlyn East, etc, and Vice Versa. The road links are far better than we have to endure for some journies.

As the deadline for new applicants has passed does anyone know who actually applied and also any clubs who have withdrawn?

On the Duchy Website it states that Lanivet FC Inn are 1 club who have actually put in an application with Torpoint Comrades and The Carlyon Arms proposing to do so.

Jiggy

Guest Flintstone

Chismuss said:-

Chismuss said:-

It's not called the 'Duchy in Cornwall' league ! And even Duchy of Cornwall reaches into Devon, so what is good enough for our future King, should be good enough for us?

Travelling does not come into it either, if you go up from most parts of the county you will get to Plymouth before you get to Torpoint. Or like some you feel Torpoint, Gunnislake and Saltash are in Devon anyway? The answer would be to put the Plymouth teams straight in the premier division!

Guest Flintstone

Garf you ask why?

Sorry mate that bit was just a wind up! because I got annoyed by the

'i don't mean to be xenophobic' remark!

Generally find people that say things like 'I don't mean to be rude,but'

are then very rude!

And people that start a conversation by saying 'I'm not raceist' always

go on to prove they are.!

rant over!

Guest chismuss

Garf you ask why?

Sorry mate that bit was just a wind up! because I got annoyed by the

'i don't mean to be xenophobic' remark!

Generally find people that say things like 'I don't mean to be rude,but'

are then very rude!

And people that start a conversation by saying 'I'm not raceist' always

go on to prove they are.!

rant over!

Sorry Flintstone, but if you're gonna quote me then at least get it right -

And don't start to put things like racism on here in the same comments about other quotes

- but well done mate - since you are obviously too small minded to read what was actually being offered up for discussion (what a forum is all about I thought) and can only slam back with what you put there, then No doubt you will be delihgted to hear I wont be posting any more on here - IMHO you dont want a forum for discussion, you want a chatroom

Cheers all - and gone

I hope we dont lose Duchy 5 from the divisions as its become a league with such a good following for the new teams that enter.

When i think back to some of the attendances in our games it puts some of the other leagues to shame.

Yeah but Duchy 5 teams and the new teams entering will be in Duchy 4... so won't make a difference!

Sorry Woody, what i meant was... "Duchy 5" is known for its name, yes D4 would be the new first tier, but Duchy 5 is historic and has name value... just ask our celebrity follower, astrologer Russell Grant.

i know for a fact that launceston based phoenix riseing has been accepted, they won 22 out of 22 in kingsly league last season

No-one has been accepted yet... they only decide at the AGM which new teams are accepted into the league... it might be that there application has been accepted (i.e. that they've met all the criteria: new referee, facilities etc)