Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City v Stourbridge Sat !0th April

Saturday 10th April Truro City host Stourbridge at Treyew Road in the Southern Premier League - kick off 3pm.

Stourbridge are the team that beat City 7 - 2 back in December - the result that led to the parting of the ways between City and then Manager Sean McCarthy..!

How will they fare this time..... with Caretaker Manager Lee Hodges in charge..? It will be interesting to see.

Sorry, you've lost me with that one! :thumbsup:

I think it's a reference to the Chairman's latest PR triumph, have been told that he wants to ban up to 40 supporters who stood up and sang in the new covered area down the bottom end of the ground, he even had the club's photographer train his camera on the fans to help identify them. Stourbridge fans had the same treatment in the first half, they responded with an allegation that normally gets aimed at the ref (use your imagination). Great performance from the team but my god Mr Heaney is making it hard to follow this club.

You have to be joking!

wish I was pal, the fact that some of the players were either encouraging the singing or acknowledging it makes the whole saga even sadder, it just makes me wonder whether it's worth bothering supporting my local team, a lot of the lads say they prefer going to away games now, this was an example why.

Attendance 362 -

I hope they were all seated otherwise the attendance

atTuesdays Oxford City match could be a big fat ZERO.

Sorry, you've lost me with that one! :thumbsup:

The situation has been explained adequately above, the sad thing is that some of those offended have been the clubs and owners biggest supporters.

:c:

To make things a bit clearer,I dont think the objection is about the singing and cheering the team on.The objection is because the fans were standing and doing it in a covered seated area.I dont know the law,but by all accounts there is a health and safety issue.In the first half the Stourbridge fans that were in that area were asked on the public address system a few times to be seated.In the second half when Truro were attacking that end it was the Truro fans that were asked to be seated by the stewards,which didn't go down very well with the Truro fans that were standing and cheering the team on.To my mind I personally dont see anything wrong with standing in a seated area as long as you are not blocking the vision of anyone else who likes to take advantage of being able to sit and watch the game,but as I said I dont know anything about the health and safety regulations,apparently it was said that the club could be reported and fined.I dont think it has helped the situation much,as one of the stewards who asked the fans to be seated was threatened with assault by one of the fans.

Once again it sounds like good old TCFC PR gone wrong.Yes ,maybe the supporters should sit down but there are ways of handling situations.Talk of banning up to 40 supporters,loyal supporters at that,when surely just an extra message /warning in the programme would do.

Mr H hasnt exactly ingratiated himself with the local community but now to he is attacking the people who pay to watch and he can barely afford to be without.

Mr Heaney should stop throwing his toys out of the pram.

The ONE supporter that used threatening behaviour is obviously a different matter and should be dealt with accordingly.