Cornwall Football Forum

Combo Results and Latest Table

Can you post your results, goal scorers and attendances on this thread please.

Cornwall Combination League

12th December 2009 (2:30pm)

Holman SC (Dominic Batchelor) 1-2 St Ives Town (Chris Lock, Martyn Harding)

Att - 15

Ludgvan (Mike Cruse, Wade Brown, ???) 3-7 Falmouth Town Reserves (Luke Murray 3, Luke Wort, Luke Appleton, Steve Owen, Rob Carey)

Att - 30

Mullion 0-0 Perranwell

Att - 30

Newquay Reserves (Sam Hunter, Tom Hunter) 2-1 St Agnes (Tom Benney)

Att - 40

Penzance Reserves 0-0 Porthleven Reserves

Att - 37

Portreath (Jacob Hoon) 1-7 Hayle Reserves (Marcus Smith 2, Joe Irwin 2, Carl Shorthouse, Elliott Harris, OG)

Att - 8

RNAS Culdrose (Sam Holbrook) 1-5 Penryn Athletic Reserves (Jason Roberts 2, James Daniel 2, Robert Wearne)

Att - 12

Troon (Daniel Bell, Matt Witts) 2-0 St Day

Att - 25

New table on link below

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/2009%20table.htm

With a number of players unavailable for various reasons,Ludgvan had to draft in players from their Mining League team to field a side.

Falmouth were guilty of shooting from distance in the early exchanges but a cracking angled volley from Luke Wort for the first goal and Luke Murray's sidefoot soon made it a two goal lead at half time.

The home keeper handed Murray his second goal on a plate early in tghe second half and Town's slick football created a number of chances,some of which were taken.Trailing 7-0 by the 85th minute,Ludgvan staged a late comeback with first Mike Cruse's shot going under the diving Duncan Gillett,then Wade Brown ran through to score a second and a half volley from 25 yards following a partially cleared corner raised the home spirits.

Attendance about 30.

With a number of players unavailable for various reasons,Ludgvan had to draft in players from their Mining League team to field a side.

Falmouth were guilty of shooting from distance in the early exchanges but a cracking angled volley from Luke Wort for the first goal and Luke Murray's sidefoot soon made it a two goal lead at half time.

The home keeper handed Murray his second goal on a plate early in tghe second half and Town's slick football created a number of chances,some of which were taken.Trailing 7-0 by the 85th minute,Ludgvan staged a late comeback with first Mike Cruse's shot going under the diving Duncan Gillett,then Wade Brown ran through to score a second and a half volley from 25 yards following a partially cleared corner raised the home spirits.

Attendance about 30.

Well done to the lads today. Due to injuries and players being away Ludgvan were missing 8 of the first team squad, however, all the lads that filled in the gaps from the reserves done an excellant job and they can be proud of how they performed. Thanks for the above write up due to an operation I had on Wednesday I was unable to attend, which is really frustrating for me, however the rest of the management team did a grand job. Thanks to Nigel and Ant for getting everything sorted out. The only thing is that I was told that the scoring was slightly different and we pulled back to 5 - 2 before falmouth scored twice more then we finished the scoring to make it 7 - 3.

I will be back on Thurday for training and at the hlem for nexts weeks match. Once again well done to everyone I am a proud manager tonight knowing how much players are pulling together for the whole of the club. Thank You.:thumbsup::yahoo: :drink:

Attendance about 30.

5 mins from a clean sheet Dunc! So close.

:smiley20:

Attendance about 30.

5 mins from a clean sheet Dunc! So close.

:smiley20:

Close but no cigar. Though I could have smoked a couple of those during the game i was that bored. Think thats why i fell over the 1st shot, was a block of ice by then!!

Newquay 2 - 1 St Agnes

we went one up through Tom Benney and then should have put the game to bed with some clear chances but all failed to cause any real trouble to Holland in the Newquay goal!

Game poorly officiated from start to finish in my opinion, I'm sure Mike will agree. Newquay had player sent off for two bookings, first one yes, second one was a total accidental foul. He took constant abuse from players and Newquay management throughout. Then should have over-ruled our linesman for Newquays first goal when Rabone came back from an offside position of about 10 yards (our linesman thought it came off one of our players), then he gave a penalty against our keeper when it was never a foul! a few expressions on Newquay players faces said it all really! maybe he was making up for one he could have given in the first half!

I think an assessor may have been there at the time! be interested to read the report anyway!!

But he's not normally that bad!!! :clapper: :clapper: