Cornwall Football Forum

ENGLAND NUMBER 1

Coopsie

Whilst I continue to slowly die of what can only be described as "dinosaur flu", I've just seen a pretty amazing stat that PERHAPS shows Mr Capello, and us, have been missing a trick when discussing who should be/is Englands first choice goalkeeper for the World Cup next year :unsure: ..

Most of us have questioned whether it should be Green, Foster or James. Then every now and again, Kirkland or Robinson enter the discussion aswell.. Well there's another name that SHOULD be thrown into the ring and that player has perhaps had the hardest job of the season?. Mainly because he's got the responsibility of being in goal for, and organising the defence of a team that is/was in all probability expected to go down at the end of the season, due to being 1 of the promoted teams from last season.

That player is Joe Hart :o The stats are as follows....

Goals conceded per game -

Hart - 1.17

Foster - 1.33

James - 1.55

Green - 1.85

Robinson - 2.17

Kirkland - 2.42...

I THINK out of those names, only Robinson, Kirkland and Hart have played every minute of every game so far?..

Shots on target/goal ratio

Hart - 7.79

Green - 4.71

James - 3.76

Robinson - 3.69

Foster - 3.25

Kirkland - 3.24...

I think that when you look at the HUGE difference in the shots per goal ratio, and take into account the added pressure that Hart is PERHAPS under (due to being expected to be relegated or close to it), it's surely only fair that the lad is atleast considered?.

What are your opinions??

Guest Bundiwilliams

david james injured, so leave at home, liability

ben foster- too many **** ups in a england shirt

i reckon give joe hart a chances, whats the worst that could happen????

goalkeepers is the advantage the best international teams in the world have over england :angry2:

Brazil???.. (except Gomes of course :P )

julio cesar (inter milan & brazil ) probably the best keeper around out there at moment. coopsie mate all im saying is all the top national sides will have there no 1 and 2 goalkeeping slots sorted and most of which will be playing in champions leauge too

goalkeepers is the advantage the best international teams in the world have over england :angry2:

Brazil???.. (except Gomes of course :P )

julio cesar (inter milan & brazil ) probably the best keeper around out there at moment. coopsie mate all im saying is all the top national sides will have there no 1 and 2 goalkeeping slots sorted and most of which will be playing in champions leauge too

Yeah I know buddy. Just until recently, Brazil have always been regarded worldwide as being unable to produce any real quality between the sticks, and it was always regarded as their weak link..

On England, well I don't think we should look beyond Joe Hart.. The boy is already superb, he'll only get better with age, and could be Englands number 1 for 15 years atleast... I absolutely believe he's better than any other option we have??.

1 james

2 cudicini (with broken wrist)

3 almunia (with shocking barnet)

Am i missing something here?

I thought the question was about Englands number 1

Manuel Almunia is Spanish

Carlo Cudicini is Italian

Robert Green for me, Ok i may be a little bias on that but look at it this way

He is the one goalkeeper who is getting the most practice at the momment because West Hams back 4 could not stop anything coming through right now, The other way to look at this is as Green has been Englands number 1 for a while now so would it not be best to keep it that way before the world cup as we all know what happens when England start to experiment with players

It all goes Pete Tong

Robert Green for me, Ok i may be a little bias on that but look at it this way

He is the one goalkeeper who is getting the most practice at the momment because West Hams back 4 could not stop anything coming through right now, The other way to look at this is as Green has been Englands number 1 for a while now so would it not be best to keep it that way before the world cup as we all know what happens when England start to experiment with players

It all goes Pete Tong

Oh Mr Boy :rolleyes: .. The keeper getting the most practice because his defence can't stop anything coming through is...... Joe Hart ;) .. However, the keeper who faces the next largest amount of shots/breakthroughs of his defence is..... Robert Green :thumbsup: ..

So England number 1 and 2 should theoretically be Green and Hart (but not necessarily in that order ;) )

I Think ben foster is class on his day but only problem is his confidence is low at the moment. The best keeper i think we got is kirkland! does eveything asked of a keeper. but can he stay fit! and without a doubt Joe hart is a class young keeper. i think if he was number one though his age will show in the bigger games. one mistake could knock him for 6. james is looking past it now and robinson just hasnt got it in him anymore to perform at the highest stage.

hart is a bit flassh and hassnt played any ' massive games ' so lacks that experience.

ALWAYS gets me that one..... EVERY player in the England squad hadn't played any "massive games" at some stage in their career. How the heck can they until they're given a chance?. :unsure: