Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 31/10/09

Mining 2

Mount Ambrose 6 -1 Storm Res

Storm scored first after a poor clearance fell straight to Rich Ward who slotted into an empty net from 30yds and for the first 20mins were the better team but as soon as we equalised we grew in confidence and started to pass the ball around much better and from then on we controlled the game and ran out comfortable winners, best of luck to Storm for the rest of the season

Mining Division 2

Halestown 1 Ludgvan 2

Scorers for Ludgvan Gaz Ashton and Callum Richards

The lads done themselves proud today gaining their first points of the season away to a very commited Halestown team.Well done boys,lets hope we can keep the same spirit we showed today next saturday against Storm.

Mining 3

Perranporth 1-3 Redruth

Gifted them all three goals, including a massive **** up from yours truly (hit a back pass straight to their forward) - Redruth player shouted "hey keeper, put that on the forum" - well there you go!

Nice to see I've made a name for myself. Although I'd rather it would be for my performances, not for shooting my mouth off on here!

St Ives mariners 2 - 7 Gulval res (mining 3)

A real good contest, not that the score reflects that. St Ives started well with 2 good chances falling to their forwards who failed to hit the target from 6 yards out! Gulval was giving as good as they got, when charlie pearce was put through to score on about 15 mins. Ben Reeve in the Gulval goal made 2 top drawer saves to keep the mariners out. A good midfield battle ensued, with both teams battling hard to get a good grip on the game, then, about 5 mins before half time a good ball was played through and Ant nicholas latched on to it calmly slot it past the on coming keeper.

0-2 h/t

After some tactical words from their wise and wonderful manager :P , gulval came out raring. Scoring a couple of early goals in the second half which helped to settle us down and brow beat our opponents. The football in second half by gulval, at times, was just too much for the mariners to handle. Tom mockford came out 2nd half a different player, and was un lucky not to get on the score sheet, but he did turn provider when he was fouled in the box, for chris parkinson to step up and make no mistake with the pen.

Mariners were then awarded a pen of their own, which was for a dubious hand ball 3 yards out side the area!!Gulval responded quickly with a couple of more goals , with mariners scoring late on.

Thanks to Mariners for an enjoyable game, and well done to their keeper who made 5/6 fantastic saves :thumbsup: only to fumble an easy one to our advantage :(

Mining 1

Gulval 4 St. Ives 3

A great game for the neutral! Once Gulval settled and scored the opener midway through the first half, a splendid header from Terry No-Balls, you could have been forgiven thinking that they would settle into a winning position and not look back. However, St. Ives were showing signs of good football and almost immediately struck from 20 yards with a top class equaliser. Gulval then scored 2 more and moved into a comfortable lead during the second half, and again you could have thought it was a winning position. However, with time against them St. Ives struck their second from about 30 yards (a real screamer) and grabbed a very scruffy equaliser shortly afterwards. It looked like the points would be shared until Jowan May found a yard of space on the left and struck the winner with virtually the last kick of the game. Well done to the referee for a splendid performance.

Mining 3

St Buryan 1 - Carbis Bay 4

Played against a quality team today.

We matched them first half with great belief as we created several chances compared to their one which was soft from us but they put it away! Good work all round as we should've scored and if Joss was'nt so honest we would've had a pen.

Second half, after their team talk they came at us and proved to us what quality they've got. Didn't do ourselves any favors with the formation change as we couldn't couldn't get a sniff of the ball in the middle and they kept coming at us. We did score to make 2-1 but players out of position and no challenge in the middle after the switch made it hard work. They went on to score the two more and created several, our back three made some great tackles (not me as i was shite) which kept the score down.

Hope someone from Carbis Bay can say something about us as constructive criticism never hurt anyone. :blink:

Thank god that month is over! :wacko:

:D cudda won... :( cudda lost.... :) but we drew....

SENNEN 4 V NEWLYN N.A. 4

A GAME PLAYED IN GOOD FEISTY FASHION,BUT BOTH SIDES COMMITTED.IN A MATCH WHICH SENNEN LED 1-0....THEN 1-1....1-2....2-2....2-3....3-3.....4-3......4-4...IT COULD HAVE GONE EITHER WAY,SENNEN COULD HAVE WRAPPED IT UP LATE ON,BUT A GOOD CHANCE WENT MISSING,,,NEWLYN WILL FEEL AGGREIVED,THAT IT WAS TWO POINTS DROPPED,AS THEY HAD TERRITORIAL ADVANTAGE..BUT FOR SOME OUTSTANDING SAVES BY JAMIE MILLARD IN THE SENNEN GOAL,IT MAY HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT STORY..

GOALS FOR SENNEN....SAM MUNSON.DAVEROWE.PAUL ANGOVE...AND JAMIE NICHOLLS.

BUT A SHARE OF THE POINTS,FOR BOTH SIDES....AND WELL REFEREED.

GOOD LUCK TO NEWLYN FOR THE REMAINDER OF THEIR SEASON.

:D cudda won... :( cudda lost.... :) but we drew....

SENNEN 4 V NEWLYN N.A. 4

A GAME PLAYED IN GOOD FEISTY FASHION,BUT BOTH SIDES COMMITTED.IN A MATCH WHICH SENNEN LED 1-0....THEN 1-1....1-2....2-2....2-3....3-3.....4-3......4-4...IT COULD HAVE GONE EITHER WAY,SENNEN COULD HAVE WRAPPED IT UP LATE ON,BUT A GOOD CHANCE WENT MISSING,,,NEWLYN WILL FEEL AGGREIVED,THAT IT WAS TWO POINTS DROPPED,AS THEY HAD TERRITORIAL ADVANTAGE..BUT FOR SOME OUTSTANDING SAVES BY JAMIE MILLARD IN THE SENNEN GOAL,IT MAY HAVE BEEN A DIFFERENT STORY..

GOALS FOR SENNEN....SAM MUNSON.DAVEROWE.PAUL ANGOVE...AND JAMIE NICHOLLS.

BUT A SHARE OF THE POINTS,FOR BOTH SIDES....AND WELL REFEREED.

GOOD LUCK TO NEWLYN FOR THE REMAINDER OF THEIR SEASON.

Yeah well said Norry, was feisty and a few rash challenges but a good local derby. Think the ref didn't have the best of games as we should of definitely had one penalty in the first half and maybe one in the second. Also I think if he had booked your defender after the challenge it would of calmed everything down a bit, but it all ended peacefully enough.

Was an end to end game, your keeper was brilliant, but are finishing just wasn't ruthless enough as we could of had had more goals in either half and hit the woodwork twice, so we are disappointed with a draw.

Thanks for a great game and also the switch of venue. Hopefully we can get something sorted with the Leisure centre to get that forest they call a football pitch cut and maintained, its a joke!

Look forward to the reply at our place. Can you bring a mower!?!

Mining 3

We matched them first half with great belief as we created several chances compared to their one which was soft from us but they put it away! Good work all round as we should've scored and if Joss was'nt so honest we would've had a pen.

Second half, after their team talk they came at us and proved to us what quality they've got. Didn't do ourselves any favors with the formation change as we couldn't couldn't get a sniff of the ball in the middle and they kept coming at us. We did score to make 2-1 but players out of position and no challenge in the middle after the switch made it hard work. They went on to score the two more and created several, our back three made some great tackles (not me as i was shite) which kept the score down.

Hope someone from Carbis Bay can say something about us as constructive criticism never hurt anyone. :blink:

Thanks jcd, like you said first half was quite even and you boys did create a few chances, maybe a bit more composure by the front lads and you probably would of gone in at h/t 2-1 up! However second half we did come out playing some of the football we're capable of, we did get one straight away but your lads showed great spirit and scored a nice goal to make it 2-1! I think that goal was enough to give us the kick up the arse that we needed. Even though we did get another two, as a team you never gave up and dropped your heads wich is nice to see as its so easy for players to that!! And you still had a couple of chancesto score in the second half. As far as constuctive criticism goes dont think I can comment as Im not the best of footballers, but a bit more movement off the ball and a bit more support for your front lads and you'd defo create thespace that you need to find an end product.

Thanks to the St. Buryan boys, nice bunch of lads and great hospitality, look forward to the return fixture!!

ILLOGAN 3RDS 3 MADRON 0

STU RULE

BARRY PENFOLD

SIMON CARTER

TOP PERFORMANCE FROM ILLOGAN ,FIRST TO EVERYTHING REALLY DESERVED THEIR VICTORY SHOULD BE A INTERESTING LEAGUE THIS YEAR. COULD NOT PICK A MAN OF THE MATCH ALL THE BOYS WERE OUTSTANDING.

P.S ITS BEEN REALLY GOOD WORKING WITH YOU BOYS ,KEEP PLAYING LIKE THAT AND YOU WILL DO WELL

GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF SEASON.

Mining 3

Marazion Res 1 Rosudgeon Res 3

The result was never in doubt for Rosudgeon today,The lads were really up for it this week after last weeks disapointing performance.

We came out the blocks flying with Jozzie scoring after about 2mins to make it 1.0,It was constant attack and the home team offered very little up front.The second was a great team goal with Marazion old boy Ozzie whipping in cracking ball from the right for Matt to power home with another bullet header.Matt ran the midfield and totally bossed the day from there. :clapper:

Some of the defending at times was both desperate and woefull,And the 3rd summed that up with a complete mess in the box and Jake leaping like a salmon to head home.

H/T 3.O

To be honest we did'nt come out for the 2nd half, with the game won and just went through the motions :glare:

Credit to Marazion they kept going,And scored a very good goal from a corner with a stunning header that Oz had no chance with,It was a real shame for keeper Oz who was truely stunning in between the sticks again today,Commanding and catching everything :thumbsup:

The goal was never going to effect where the 3pts went.And the game just played itself out with us making 3 subs too.

It was great team performance with every lad playing well,And good chance to give a few lads a well earned run-out in the 2nd half.

Man Of The Match: Phil Tanser, A class act today and never stopped running or working for the team :thumbsup::thumbsup:

And won the Booze race in the club.....JUST ;)

Goodluck to Marazion there good bunch of lads,And a special mention to there lino who really was a class act,Its rare to see a lino making Assistant ref decisions and getting them right,And not just watching for offsides :thumbsup: .

Madron at home next week for Rosudgeon :c:

Mining 3

my boy mikey peck scored again,goal machine,goal machine :yahoo: :yahoo:

Guest Redruth Keitchy

great result for us yesterday beating perrenporth 3-1 away a game which got out ov hand but we didnt get to much involed with everything. We started very bright and got 2 quick goal's then let them get back into the game and had to defend for a long period at one point but never give up then when jake scored the 3rd we carryed on till the end to make a very hard game a good win. the 3rd goal come from a big goal keeper mistake as u might of all ready read but jake never give up which was good. great game lads roll on Praze next week

ILLOGAN 3RDS 3 MADRON 0

STU RULE

BARRY PENFOLD

SIMON CARTER

TOP PERFORMANCE FROM ILLOGAN ,FIRST TO EVERYTHING REALLY DESERVED THEIR VICTORY SHOULD BE A INTERESTING LEAGUE THIS YEAR. COULD NOT PICK A MAN OF THE MATCH ALL THE BOYS WERE OUTSTANDING.

P.S ITS BEEN REALLY GOOD WORKING WITH YOU BOYS ,KEEP PLAYING LIKE THAT AND YOU WILL DO WELL

GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF SEASON.

Whats on gerrard8??? :mellow:

Illogan 3-Madron 0!!!

Great game for us today, a well deserved 3 points. well done boys!!!

Also great results for the 1st and 2nd team.

Good day for the Club!!!

:thumbsup::smiley20::D

Indeed it was a good day for all 3 teams followed by a cracking night......

Jim it was me who shouted at you !! Its not because your famous but because i get the impression you thought you would win our league easy !!! And its a great feeling beating your friendly cheerful team !! As for the game we should have scored more you boys play good football but we battled harder and have the twin towers up front .

Thanks for your pass made the 10mins of injury time easier 4 us !!!! lol

Bring on praze next sat

Jim it was me who shouted at you !! Its not because your famous but because i get the impression you thought you would win our league easy !!! And its a great feeling beating your friendly cheerful team !! As for the game we should have scored more you boys play good football but we battled harder and have the twin towers up front .

Thanks for your pass made the 10mins of injury time easier 4 us !!!! lol

Bring on praze next sat

First of all, I would like to say that I don't think i'm famous! I just thought that you had probably read the verbal ding dong I had on here with a few of the Gulval lot a few weeks ago and were making reference to that.

I didn't think we would win the league easy although I must admit I did think we would be challenging for it. However, we played at Rosudgeon just over a month ago with a depleated squad and lost 2-0. Since then we've lost players to our 2nd team, players have left, and of the remaining squad, some now really just arn't interested. The first five games we played, we won all five. Since the Rosudgeon game we've won two and lost four. On that form we'll be lucky to get top 6.

As for your Praze match next Saturday, I'm not being funny, but I will be extremely suprised if you get anything out of them. They are far and away the best side we have played this season, and if we had played like we did against you on Saturday against them, we would have got beat 10-0.