Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 17/10/09

Mining 2

Storm Res 2 - 3 Mount Ambrose (h/t 1-2)

First half we were the better team, second half saw Storm throw everything at us a draw would probably been a fair result but its about taking chances and we took more of ours than they did. Mind you if the ref had seen a blatant handball by our centre half near the end it could have been so different, but some you get some you dont bring on Titans next week another tough game cant wait

Guest Postie Pidge

Wendron 0 Rosudgeon/Kenneggy 5 (H/T 0-2)

Again no referee. I've played 5 games and only had a referee once - apparently no one from Wendron phoned him and that's why we had to do without!

Guest mikey catterall

mining 1

redruth utd 2 robartes 3

good game of football to play in robartes scored in the last minute when we pushed everyone up and a great finish by our centre back richard love who saved my ass today abit harsh on redruth who played very well today goodluck to all at redruth for the rest of the season good nosh at the pub aswell :thumbsup:

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd. Res. 0 .v. Gulval Res. 8

A poor performance to say the least from Trevenson. Guilty of not marking tight enough, defending too high, not holding the ball up front, arguing and bickering amongst ourselves.....the list goes on!! But as bad as we were Gulval were that good. They played some good football, played to there strengths and supported their front two well. No argument with a loss but with a bit more heart I'd like to think the score line could of been more respectful and I hope 'Rhonda' or 'Bertie' support this. Well played Gulval, hopefully at your place we can put on a better show.

St Buryan 2 Four Lanes 1 Match abandoned after 55 Mins

Great game of football today until the ref pulled up early in the second half.

St Buryan managed to get a level 5 ref to continue the game but Four Lanes refused the offer.

Not sure what the repurcussions of this will be but the game could have been finished.

Bad news when alot of the Four Lanes players wanted to carry on but from what i can gather there manager didn't.

Very evenly contested game. Either side could have gone away with three points.

We'll leave this one to the Cornish F.A to sort out. :angry2:

Guest Matty M87

mining 1

Goonhavern Athletic 4 Sennen 1

close first half, chances for both sides. Brilliant second half performance put it out of reach. looking very strong at the moment. real test comes soon though

Guest BLATCHY

Goonhavern 4 Sennen 1

Good game played in a good spirit. I would like to say the visitors never gave up and goodluck to them for the rest of the season. :clapper: :clapper:

Mining 2

Mousehole 2 - 13 Camborne School of Mines

Goals for CSM from Rob Evans x 3, Jimbo Williams x 3, Charlie Wright x 3, Ewan MacDougall, Gavin Embley, Matt Dugay and an OG.

Well done to Mousehole who worked hard throughout and only had the bare 11 and very well officiated by Mike Carter.

Illogan Res 8 Newlyn Non Atheltico Madrid 2

The scoreline doesnt reflect the game to be honest, Newlyn played & battled really well for the full 90, good hatricks by Johnny jones & Adam Calloway with Curt Long & Ian C scoring another screamer. The game was well reffed with no real incidents. More changes in the Illogan set up today but another good 3 pts & thats what its all about..

Well done also to the 1st & 3rd team who come away with victories...another good day at the RBl.....good times........ :thumbsup:

Hey marksy Ben looked to be enjoying himself when I left the club.... ;)

A double for Goonhavern....sign of things to come??

Mining 3

Marazion Blues 2 - 5 Goonhavern 2nds

A good even contest in the 1st half with not many chances falling to either side...we managed to nick one after a punt up the field but then after a lapse Marazion equalised on the stroke of half time....then a bit of quality began to tell as we quickly went up 4-1 up through some cracking strikes from Andy Mills and Mike...Marazion pulled one back after we failed to clear our lines but killed the game off at the end with Alex capping a fine performance with a simple slot in....

Well reffed....we had one...albiet a little late!!....and Marazion to their credit never let their heads go down...so good luck to them for the rest of the season....

Goals....Mike 2 - Andy Mills 2 - Alex

Yeah it was a tough game today and storm were blatently the better side in the second half. And a handball you could of heard bk in mount ambrose was turned down which shouldnt of been so storm were unlucky there. good point for us though we wernt at our best today and still managed 3 points against a gd side. may be a different story when both sides have got a full squad as we were both short a couple today

gd luck for the rest of the season storm gd bunch of lads!

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd. Res. 0 .v. Gulval Res. 8

A poor performance to say the least from Trevenson. Guilty of not marking tight enough, defending too high, not holding the ball up front, arguing and bickering amongst ourselves.....the list goes on!! But as bad as we were Gulval were that good. They played some good football, played to there strengths and supported their front two well. No argument with a loss but with a bit more heart I'd like to think the score line could of been more respectful and I hope 'Rhonda' or 'Bertie' support this. Well played Gulval, hopefully at your place we can put on a better show.

Its been coming for a while, we've played well but not had the killer touch in front of goal. Unfortunate for Trevenson it turned up today in force. Credit to Trevenson who kept battling to the end, and look forward to your visit to our patch.

Goals

Phil Harvey 3

Fred Bratomi

Charlie Pearce

Tom Mockford

Ian Phillips

Jamie Harrison

Trevenson 0 - 8 Gulval Res

Great performance today by the Gulval lads, good for our victory, although a few players from the opposition complaining the ref was poor, our linesman cheated etc. Parky was awesome at the back today, picked up a booking which the portugese player was clapping about :( . Trevensons skipper today was a true sportsman, like to wish them all the best and look forward to the return game! :D

( Trevenson keeper made at least 4 top drawer saves, top performance bud!!)

St Buryan 2 - 1 Four Lanes (abandond after 55 mins)

As joint manager of Four Lanes I'd just like to explain our part. First of all I agree with wingers shins it could of gone either way if we'd of carried on. But in our defence,after our appointed ref counld no longer continue reffing the game, St Buryan said we've got someone who can ref who lives in the village, when we replied we had an offical with us who was spectating it wasn't even considered,they said they had already called a ref. Now I'm not saying that the ref they'd called would of been bias in any way shape or form but if a few 50/50 decisions had gone against us and knowing that the ref was from the village and an "ex St Buryan player"(what we were told) it could of been mayhem,with accusations flying everywhere, so we thought it would of been in everyones best interests that the game did not continue AS THE ORIGANAL REF ABANDOND IT DUE TO HIS INJURY. Now we think a replay would be fair all around.

Thankyou to St Buryan for there hospitality it was top notch grub, so hopefully we'll get second helpings on our replay :thumbsup:

I know some of the players we're frustrated(St Buryan & Four Lanes)as all they want to do is play footy on a Sat afternoon but please see it from our point of view, it was a massive game between 2 sides that could finish in the top four.

Mining League Div.1

Gulval 2 .v. Trevenson Utd 4

1st win! 1st win! A most welcome 1st 3 points of the season in a game where Trevenson created less chances than previous weeks but the difference being them hitting the back of the net! We had 4 players cry off this morning so manager Stu Osborn had a bit of thinking to do tactically. We played wing backs to accompany the players that had turned up and it worked well going in 1 apiece at half time playing into the sun. Second half Trevenson came out and took hold of the game scoring three more before a late Gulval consolation. Bit of a strange report as I'm just going by what I've been told.

Trevenson goal scorers;

Reece Prout ( 2 )

Luke Hart

Mushy

Thanks for the comments ref. the Mining 3 fixture. Our captain is Spencer Osborn and our 'keeper is Nathan Hick and I'll pass on your comments to them. All the best Gulval.

The scoreline doesnt reflect the game to be honest, Newlyn played & battled really well for the full 90, good hatricks by Johnny jones & Adam Calloway with Curt Long & Ian C scoring another screamer. The game was well reffed with no real incidents. More changes in the Illogan set up today but another good 3 pts & thats what its all about..

Well done also to the 1st & 3rd team who come away with victories...another good day at the RBl.....good times........ :thumbsup:

Would agree with you there, Baggie. Thought that the first half was a very even battle, with Newlyn having a lot of possession but Illogan very effective on the break. 1-1 at half-time, and even the ref said he thought a draw was on the cards.

Second half, and Illogan came out with a bit more bite and purpose. Five minutes in the ref awarded (in my eyes) a fairly dubious penalty which would change the game. After the Illogan striker's effort was saved (two in two weeks for Pete Bainbridge!) I thought perhaps this might be our day. However, the ref then ordered him to retake (and it suddenly became clear that this wasn't going to be our day after all), as apparently our defender had a foot in the box. I understand that rules are rules, although I'm not sure that our player's foot in the box caused the player to miss. Still, the same player made no mistake second time round. After that we lost our heads a bit, gifting some silly goals and allowing Illogan to race into a 4-1 lead. Pulled it back to 4-2 and perhaps should have added another which would have made for an exciting finale, but fatigue began to show and our mistakes coupled with Illogan playing some really good football and upping the tempo saw them help themselves to another four in the last twenty. Final score 8-2, which was certainly flattering for Illogan, but they took their chances well, and we still await a game this season where we can field our strongest eleven and more than one substitute. Minus the penalty incident, I think the ref did a good job throughout.

I can say that despite the scoreline, those who bothered to turn up for Newlyn today have nothing to be ashamed about. We've given some brilliant performances in the last few weeks, only losing by the odd goal to some of the top teams in this division. No disrespect to any of the other early title contenders, but having played and lost narrowly to Four Lanes, Goonhavern, St. Buryan and Robartes, I would say that Illogan are the strongest side we have faced, and appear the best equipped to win the league again this year, despite the early setbacks. We at Newlyn look forward to the return of one or two more players and hopefully picking up some points again soon.

on todays performance i will sell him back to u nick for a box of walkers (cheese & onion,to clean ur boots of course. :lol:

st ives res 2 gwin 6

good football today from gwin .gave st ives two goals and could of have a few more ourselves, st ives never stopped battling although down to ten for last ten. MOM for gwin ryan turner

GOALS

ryan turner

b dagger

c irish

m haliday

j thomas

and dave smith with his first goal for gwin in three years of trying!!!!Hes prob slaughtered by now :drink: :thumbsup:

IILOGAN 3RDS 3 TITANS 2

HARD FOUGHT LOCAL DERBY ,SIMON CARTER GETTING A HAT-TRICK FOR ILLOGAN.

BOTH SIDES WILL BE UP THERE ON THAT SHOWING. :clapper:

Well done to illogan today no excuses from our point of view we just never had the lads to cope with their aerial awareness, trying not to be unpolite but wimbledon & head tennis is not my forta, however theres nowhere in the game of football that says u cant intimadate by winning every header every 50/50 & have the biggest shout, difficult pitch to play football on & will relish the return at ours especially when we stretch their legs, but for today well done to illogan, ref is great but not today think both sides would agree cant believe u can dislocate ur knee & still ref 24hrs later but to be fair he did tell me before the game he wouldnt be able to keep up, thats alright then. :o Had to put that in but do not wish to take any shine off a well drilled illogan, congratulations lads, :) Final thought has anyone told mark the illogan lino the games over :lol::lol::lol: Well done gerrard back to the bloody drawing board. :thumbsup:

Guest johnwills

Mining 2

First half we were the better team, second half saw Storm throw everything at us a draw would probably been a fair result but its about taking chances and we took more of ours than they did. Mind you if the ref had seen a blatant handball by our centre half near the end it could have been so different, but some you get some you dont bring on Titans next week another tough game cant wait

:SM_carton: It was ball to hand! There was no intention and no penalty!

Mining 2

:SM_carton: It was ball to hand! There was no intention and no penalty!

Mining 3

Perranporth 0 - St Buryan 2

Great performance from the lads! :thumbsup:

We knew it was going to be a tough one, so we upped our game and got stuck in. The back five were brilliant, as they never gave up with tight marking which limited Perranpotrh to long range shots which Martin dealt with all game. We should've taken the lead in first half when Joss was put through one on one but their keeper delt with it. We cleared our lines well as Perranporth kept coming at us with good passing and movement but we dealt with it.

Second half we got stuck in, with Jowan putting a lot of work in up front (and tracking back) against a very good center half and winning his fair share of the battle. We looked to get the ball wide on the counter and it paid of as Gary crossed in for Paul to tuck it away. Created a few more chances which their keeper once again sorted out. But not long after Gary got the end of a quality ball and smashed in a belter! Perranporth strolled through us from the kick off but blasted over the top :blink: That was close! We matched them from there onwards and could've scored more what with Gary hitting the post (when he should've squared it for a tap in! :glare: ) and the keeper making a lucky save with his face from my header. Once again well done to the back five for keeping a clean sheet against a good side.

Great team game to be a part of as everyone did their job :clapper: Thanks to Perranporth for a good and fair battle, shame we couldn't get a pint after.

Fair play from the Ref who kept us on our toes, cheers fella.

john buddy ive seen them given for a lot less pal! as i said in my earlier post the sound the ball made was loud enough but the ref said he couldnt see it to one of the storm players which is fair enough. if he had of seen it form the way it looked i think they would of had a second spot kick! its alrite mate i would of saved this one though. well maybe... lol

Newlyn no athletico 0-7 Praze, bit of a mismatch really, not a good game but a result is a result, the ref didnt turn up even though he confirmed last week but both teams agreed to apoint a ref for each half. Newlyn battled all the way to their credit and had a few chances but we could of scored over 10 at least. Clean sheet again which is ideal! well done for not giving up Newlyn, good bunch of lads. The march goes on!

Newlyn non Athletico 0 - 7 Praze.

Another clean sheet for Praze. Not conceeded a goal for over 11 hours and 15 minutes.

The ref had confirmed with the home then didn't turn up. I understand that ref's do get pulled but someone really should let the effected teams know. I ref'd the 1st half and Newlyn the 2nd but neither of us really had anything to do.

Not Praze's best performance but still a comfortable win. We gave Newlyn time on the ball and could of been punished. With a good squad, players need to be aware of the competition for places and today a few were under par. However still won 0-7 so can't be too hard on the boys.

Jason Prail (Grandad) man of the match who was beaten by Lee Jewell in a drinking contest!!!

Great result for St Buryan which puts us top of the league with 2 games in hand.

Wendron 5ths 0 Rosudgeon Res 5

A good day at the office from the boys,Jake opened the scoring early on with a cracking long distance shot that dipped in,The goal done Jake the world of good as he was making his first appearance of the season .And it was great to have him back with the lads again.Then Matt 'Keano' started to run his game spraying the ball around,And a great free-kick from the edge of the box,Keeping his recent scoring run going strong (not bad for a holding midfielder!!).

Then it was time for the Simon Taylor show.

His first goal was a scrap in the box which he managed to put away,But his second was up there with the best.After receiving a loose ball from fully 35yards his floated lob was class!!

The Wendron boys battled well,But to be fair there heads had gone now.And it just would'nt be Saturday without Si doing everything in his power NOT to score an hat-trick,With a complete mess at the back the ball fell to his feet with an open goal to his mercy,And yep he dragged it wide :glare:

But you can't keep a good player down,So Si broke down the left got to the by-line looked up and layed it back to super-sub 'Tom Solksjaer' who's cool finish from the edge of the box into the bottom corner with a minute to go finished the day perfectly.

It all fairness it could have been alot more but that would have been hard on Wendron,Who seem to have a real confidence crisis on there hands.

As for Rosudgeon it was good to see our game back on track,And was a real team performance. :thumbsup:

'Skipper John' was sheer class at the back,But the Man of the Match went to 'Tom Solksjaer' :clapper:

Somehow the Gaffer got Donkey AGAIN!!! I think theres a conspiracy going on :glare::glare::glare:

Great job lads and all the best to Wendron :c:

Ludgvan 1 V St Agnes 3rds 2

Battling this season St Agnes 3rds were thrilled to get a result at Ludgvan!

With a mixed team aged 53 - 16years and two 17 year old players scoring St Agnes were pleased to get their 2nd win of a difficult season.

With a good sized squad and full support from the club with training facilities, kit and administration provided St Agnes AFC would be thrilled to hear from anyone interested in accepting the position of manager for our 3rd team. Please call Chairman Mandy Kimmins on 07974 370666.

St. Ives Mariners 2 - 9 Carbis Bay UTD

A good game toay played in good spirits by both teams.

CBU should and could of scored more, but again were guilty of not burying all their chances. To be honest we were disappointed to have conceeded two goals, the first was keeper error and the second was down to the back four not clearing their lines!! The less said about Mariners not turning up until 2pm and the 5inch long grass covered in numerous dog/fox s##ts the better!! Thanksto the chap who refed, spot on, a job well done. Nice to have you back Mikey Peck and what better way to come back than with a hatrick!

Nice bunch of lads at Mariners, Best of luck with the rest of the season.

MADRON 11 - 1 CORNISH NEW BOYS

ANOTHER CRACKING RESULT FOR MY BOYS

GOALSCORERS:MATT THOMAS 4 DAN BURT 4 JAMIE MOONEY 1 NICK WEBBER 1 CHRIS GOODALL 1

GOOD LUCK TO CORNISH NEW BOYS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON