Cornwall Football Forum

just like to say i was a bit hasty in my post before,i felt he had cheated but now can see maybe he just didnt see the incidents.didnt mean to offend anybody was just tongue in cheek humour,but not everybody has the same sense of humour!

so clearly this is my fault and i shoudn`t have been so rash

i dont know the young refs name but didnt mean any harm,hope my comments dont put him off referereing in the future.

i was just frustrated we lost our cup game and obviously looked to deeply into things and he was on the end of it.

so im just basically saying sorry!

:rolleyes: :smiley20:

Good to hear an apology mate shame it's about a week late!! Have to wonder though.....Would this apology ever arrived if your game at Stithians hadn't been cancelled due to having NO REF????????

no need to be cynical mate, he knew he'd made a mistake and has apologised...hopefully we don't have to see anymore of it on here now!

Good to hear an apology mate shame it's about a week late!! Have to wonder though.....Would this apology ever arrived if your game at Stithians hadn't been cancelled due to having NO REF????????

no need to be cynical mate, he knew he'd made a mistake and has apologised...hopefully we don't have to see anymore of it on here now!

Fair enough. Sorry Speedy. Good luck for the season.

What mate !

You ranted here last week about a ref being a cheat when you are a self confessed diver !. You've been chastised over the last seven days,your name has been brought to the attention of the CCFA and every ref in the County.

Now - you're sorry !

Too late Son - This smacks of desperation and you need to make sure that between now and May you are on your best behaviour to every referee you meet

Good Luck !

Guest 00Frogman

please tell me that's not you in your avatar picture.

please tell me that's not the team you support in your avatar picture :lol:

have to say -yes. I could hold my head high after last season but now............... :(

as for being called retard for now as u said......lucky i dont take offence haha,(rise above it and all that) have had worse on the pitch and will get worse. just hoping we draw stithians in a cup match although not even sure if thats possible.....with my 19 stones smashing into u in the box u wont need to dive!!! only jokingish.....well done jake. good luck for u and stithians for rest of season

please tell me that's not you in your avatar picture.

please tell me that's not the team you support in your avatar picture :lol:

...Nil Satis Nisi Optimum....

Please don't tell me that's my view of Wembley in the Cup Final in my avatar picture. Yes i'm a Toffee though and though, yes i know we lost but i held my head up high walking outta there and so did 50,000 other blue's, EFC a proper club!!!

And Jake top man for coming on here and saying your apology, your a winner and wanna win and yes some of the "Ref's" are below par!!!

yes some of the "Ref's" are below par!!!

and so are some players :P

Well done jake for saying sorry for your rant. I think it might be a good idea to hide your computer on a sat if you've had a bad game :lol::smiley20:

Yes some player's are below par some weeks, but they are mostly told if there by their gaffer or team mates, who's there to tell the ref if he/she is below par??

Guest mariner

Jake harvey will tell them of course lol

Known you a long time Benjamin Jake Harvey (16 years +) and it finally sounds as though you are growing up somewhat lol

Almost works.

But "Tongue in cheek humour" spoils it somewhat. I'd hate to read your stuff when you're angry.

And, still going to perfect diving to cheat effectively?

I'm afraid I'm in total agreement with oldasitgets here, and sorry for that Jake. You apologise, fair enough, BUT, you can't expect everybody on here to be a completely gullible idiot, can you?.

Your week long tirade was anything but tongue in cheek, and you bloody well know it buddy. You spent a whole week arguing how much you meant EVERY word, and how you're entitled to voice your opinion about this young ref, because some users have voiced theirs about prefessional refs in the past.

I'm just being honest here buddy, and let's face it, I've never been likely to win any popularity contest on here anyway. Your apology shows about as much respect for the users of this facility, as you showed towards the young guy you've just spent a week battering.

It's abundantly clear that somebody has had a word in your ear and told you you're in the huge pile of dung you were warned about, unless you make a public statement of retraction before being pulled into the CCFA offices to be dealt with.

Now it's highly likely that I'm going to get hammered on here for saying what I just have, but you know what?. I really don't care... I realise there was a light shower last night. but I didn't come down in it.

You're no mug Jake, so you'll know exactly where I'm coming from. You meant that apology about as much as the ref in question meant for you to lose the game...

just like to say i was a bit hasty in my post before,i felt he had cheated but now can see maybe he just didnt see the incidents.didnt mean to offend anybody was just tongue in cheek humour,but not everybody has the same sense of humour!

so clearly this is my fault and i shoudn`t have been so rash

i dont know the young refs name but didnt mean any harm,hope my comments dont put him off referereing in the future.

i was just frustrated we lost our cup game and obviously looked to deeply into things and he was on the end of it.

so im just basically saying sorry!

:rolleyes::smiley20:

Top notch Jake well done mate :clapper:

It takes a real man to admit when he is in the wrong and you have proved that, Your well respected on the football scene mate and best not to rock the boat with silly comments

I understand how you must have felt and i for one have said many things about many people in the past although im just glad we did not have the internet back in my day, One thing is for sure i know we all say things in the heat of the momment but once we sit down and calm down we realise that what we do or say is not always the right thing

It is true that when you get older you mellow out a bit and think life is more important

Listen to me getting all emotional now lol

coopsie would you have preferred it if i had not apologised?????

you would have told me off for that!

regardless of the punishment i am sorry,despite why you think im doing it coopsie

i just felt bad esp because hes only a young ref and a timid one at that

no one told me to apologise ,and i dont know even if any of the stithians players are on this forum,and if they were why werent you backing me up lol!! :)

I would definitely be pulling on the number 16 shirt on (if I ever get back playing) but could be accused of a couple of those things... but not diving... it's not practical for the larger fellow!

In response to Jake's apology, and in defence; it is always the temptation to write that one extra thing that you think will endear you to others when you are reaching out to people. I think the 'tongue in cheek' comment was probably one of those moments, and not written in the correct context.

Having known Jake from youth football I know he can be a bugger but deep down is not a bad bloke!

Guest One Dart

Lets face it, every one who knows Jake, knows he's not the brightest. He knows what he said, just didnt have the intelligence to to realise what could come of it.

Not very often I say this, but, Coopsie im with you.

Jake, you reap what you sow.