Cornwall Football Forum

FALMOUTH TOWN 3 PERRANPORTH 2 AET

Guest john

FALMOUTH 3 PERRANPORTH 2 AET

FALMOUTH SCORERS, FICE, DRUMMOND?, O HAGAN

New boy Ryan Fice certainly make a good impression scoring on his debut but was later taken off with a shoulder knock. Credit to Perranporth who kept coming back. Scoring in the 89th minute to put the game into extra time.

I am sure there will be some discussion on the officials but i am not going to comment.

Sean Flynn and Ian Gosling seem to be having a personal verbal battle throughout the game . I think flynn purposely trying to wind him up but Flynn having last laugh. Im sure Flynn who once played in the premiership against the likes of man utd would have just taken it with a pinch of salt! referred to Perranporth supporters as Old man and has been. But certainly a has been that entertains the crowd and still hell of a player at this level at 41.

Perranporth 1st goal was Justin Harrington.

Flynn should be a model professional then not arrogant playing to the crowd making a gestures to the crowd and doing press-ups.

Perran more than tested Town with some good football and a few missed chances. Tom smith spent more time on the deck then he did playing the game.

Danny Ohagen played a perfect game holding the ball up and never lost 1 header. Also the number 11 had a good game using the ball well for town. went by name of bobby or robbo not 2 sure.

But i think many people would agree the ref Tim Burley had a very bad game in the middle giving some wierd decisions.

But perran more than gave falmouth a game 2 remember pushing them all the way.

Also watched the game in my opinion Falmouth totaly dominated the first half and should of gone in at the break with a comfotable lead Parran clearing of the Line at least three times that I can remember, Second half pretty even untill last twenty mins which Parran were well on top and deserved there goal, extra time was again mainly Falmouth who in my opinion deserved there victory.

As for the antics of Sean Flynn I will ask all you footballers that come onto this site one question how would you react if Mr Gosling kept spitting at you ? would you keep your cool and make light hearted banter like Mr Flynn or would you react in a manner that would end up earning you a red card, and believe you me Sean was'nt the only one he spat at.

Why does he (Gosling) think he can run up to the ref after EVERY decision made against his team. Had a hand in a sending off in the Truro game last week where he has run all the way across the pitch (took him about 4 minutes) and told the ref what he saw. He is an absolute joke!

How typical is it that this thread is quickly descending into a complete farce ?

I was at the game last night and feel that for the reputation of Ian Gosling I need to step in and correct the ridiculous posts by The Python and Jasa.

To suggest that Gosie was spitting at people is nothing short of slander. Here we have one of the most respected and successful players in the history of Cornish football being accused of the cowardly act of spitting. Knowing Ian as well as I do I can assure you that he is alot of things, enthusiastic, committed, annoying to name a few but a coward that spits at people definately not.

Python, hiding behind your username clearly helps you make sweeping statements with absolutely no evidence to back it up. Having been spat at myself during my time as a player there would be no way that I would share a beer with the person in the bar after. Clearly you are on here to paint a bad picture of Gosie. However, anyone who knows him will dismiss your crass comments.

Jason Peters, how can you have the audacity to call Gosie a Joke ? At your young tender age you should have some respect for yourself and take your sending off for what it was, a misjudged attempt to clear the ball. In my opinion the ref made a mistake in sending you off, but dont try and shift the blame to someone else. You f**ked up, accept it !

All said Falmouth deserved to win the game and in my opinion were the better team on the night.

Mick Lane

I admit it was very clumsy. Warranted a yellow with the 2 covering defenders and where the ball ended up. I just don't have any respect for players who think they have the right to run across a pitch telling the ref that he should send somebody off. I never really saw his past, but have heard what a good player he was, but at the moment, he's certainly not trying to give himself any favours in the future at the moment.

Good game last night, could have gone either way! I saw him walk up to Flynn whilst he was standing around waiting for player treatment, and Flynn went a bit over the top with the wind-up, but somebody does need to bring him down a peg or 2.

I'm sorry but that's my opinion of the guy of the few times I've seen him play!

Well i was watchin gossy with flynn and he never spat at him once and he isnt a player to do that he does the talking with the ball hence when he beat flynn to the ball and scored!

perran missed a few early chances that may of changed the game but falmouth won and thats footy!

peters i do agree u shouldnt of been sent off as there was 2 covering players a booking would of been acceptbale but thats down to ur challenge and what the ref saw.

lets stop this slander on the site not needed its for banter and news etc now for childish behavior!!

i dont think anyone could down ohagen performance in my eyes did everything well.

nice to see a good crowd there last nyt . anyone have an idea on the attendance ??

also nice to see alan carey i believe his name is not taking banter to heart and having a laugh back with fans!!

might have to come watch flamouth v bodmin in the next round .

1-0 33m Ryan Fice

H/T

1-1 90m+6 ?

F/T

2-1 91m Rob Carey

E/T H/T

3-1 108m Danny O'Hagan

3-2 113m Ian Gosling

Just trying to finalise the match record-

Can someone confirm the Perranporth equaliser was Justin Harrington? (90+6)

and the Falmouth goal 91m (at the start of ET)-at the moment I have read 4 contenders(Matt Drummond,Rob Carey,Danny O'hagan and Dan Green)

Bookings

FT(3).Tom Barwell,?....?......?.,Nick Pugliese.

P. Harrington or Gosling

Thanks in anticipation

Can't see that Gosling would have spat at Flynn. If he had done, for one I think it would have been mentioned by more than one person and I think Flynn would have probably reacted.

Good to see Gosling back at Bickland and a very decent side too, who should walk promotion this season.

As for Falmouth a much needed win to build on.

One to think about. Should there be more Thurs/Fri games at Bickland ? I am sure the gates would be much the same as last night

Guest SAILED THE SEVEN SEAS

I don't think Gossie would spit at anybody not with any intention anyway. Perhaps Flynn just got to close to him when he was trying to talk........................................juuuutttttthhhhhhhhhssssssssttttttt a joke.

The 2nd Round of the Throgmorton cup is on 22nd. October and another THURSDAY night for-

Falmouth Town v Bodmin Town (holders)

Also there is a 'Ground Hop' SWPL fixture at Bickland for Thursday 1st.April

Falmouth Town v Penzance.

Phil Hiscox the SWPL Secretary was at Bickland last night and he estimated a near 200 gate.

Just trying to finalise the match record-

Can someone confirm the Perranporth equaliser was Justin Harrington? (90+6)

and the Falmouth goal 91m (at the start of ET)-at the moment I have read 4 contenders(Matt Drummond,Rob Carey,Danny O'hagan and Dan Green)

Bookings

P. Harrington or Gosling

Thanks in anticipation

from where i was stood it looked like kayne trevaskis got the last touch on their equaliser, and rob carey got our second, bookings afraid i can't help on them.

Guest Postie Pidge

Bookings

P. Harrington or Gosling

Barwell/Flynn/Pugliese booked for Falmouth

In the 111th minute there was a booking for one of the players but don't know who or which team

Guest plainmoor

I am sure there will be some discussion on the officials but i am not going to comment.

But i think many people would agree the ref Tim Burley had a very bad game in the middle giving some wierd decisions.

This ref is so far up his own arse he can lick his own tonsils.............he needs to take a step back and take a good hard long look at himself, lose the attitude and stop thinking that he's gods gift.

This ref is one reason why there should be promotion through the ranks from one single unitary body (ccfa) and none of this namby pamby forces promotion, where inferior people are promoted just for the sake of it.