Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy 4:

Grampound Reserves 4 Altarnun Reserves 4 (HT 0-3)

Grampound started well and took the game to Altarnun only for them to then take the lead against the run of play. Grampound then went to pieces and Altarnun were 3 up at the break thanks to an Ian Luscombe brace and a Wayne Mackney goal.

Harsh words were said at half-time and Grampound were a different team in the second half with Andy James finding the roof of the net from 30 yards within a minute of the restart, Altarnun failed to clear a corner and Ryan Orchard's superb cross was headed home at the far post by Dai Moseley with 48 minutes on the clock. Orchard then nutmegged the keeper from a tight angle to make it 3-3 on 55 minutes.

Mackney then bagged his second to make it 4-3, before Sam Blount's volley from the edge of the box squirmed under the keeper to make it 4-4. It was a real end-to-end game at this point and I'm dissappoined we (Grampound) didn't go on to win the game as we had the better of the chances in the second half with efforts from Blount & Orchard narrowly missing the target. Kev Toms header from 6 yards almost won the game in the final minute but was saved by the Altarnun keeper who almost fumbled it into the net.

St. Dominick 1 - 1 Saltash United.

I scored our goal for Saltash and James Charlton scored the goal for St.Dom.

Great result for Gunni over St.Teath by the way!

We should have won our game to be fair, if only I could finish!! Should have had 3 to be honest.

AFC St Austell 3 - 0 Wadebridge Town Division 3

Altarnun 1 - 4 Godolphin Atlantic Division 1 ....ouchie

Boscastle 3 - 0 Maker with Rame Division 1

Callington Town 4 - 3 Southgate Division 4

Camelford 0 - 3 Pelynt Division 2

Delabole United 2 - 3 Calstock Division 2

Duke of Cornwall 0 - 3 Padstow United Division 5

Fowey United 8 - 2 Pensilva Premier Division

Foxhole Stars 1 - 1 Lamerton Premier Division ....fair match up

Gorran 1 - 1 Roche Division 3

Grampound Reserves 4 - 4 Altarnun Reserves Division 4....good scoreline

Gunnislake 3 - 2 St Teath Premier Division ...some result

Lewdown Rovers 1 - 1 Gerrans Division 4 ..........wow

Looe Town Reserves 3 - 4 Lanreath Division 2

Mevagissey 7 - 0 Week St Mary Division 1 .........shocker

Mount Charles 2 - 3 North Petherwin Division 4 ....(away team sorry we could not find your after match venue after many people in Mt Charles being asked directions and 3 or 4 circuits around the town)

Pelynt Reserves 2 - 1 Boscastle Reserves Division 5

Pensilva Reserves 1 - 4 St Minver Division 3

Polperro 5 - 2 Holywell Bay Division 2

Premier Sixes 10 - 2 Biscovey Division 3 ....not close

Probus 3 - 0 St Stephen Division 1

Queens Rangers 4 - 2 Nanpean Rovers Division 3

St Breward 1 - 0 Lostwithiel Division 2

St Cleer Reserves 7 - 4 Mevagissey Reserves Division 5

St Columb Minor 1 - 0 Stoke Climsland Division 4

St Dominick 1 - 1 Saltash United Premier Division

St Mawgan 1 - 5 St Cleer Premier Division

St Newlyn East Reserves 4 - 2 Delabole United Reserves Division 5

St Teath Reserves 0 - 3 Sticker Division 4

Stratton United 0 - 4 Gunnislake Reserves Division 3

Torpoint Athletic 2 - 4 Looe Town Premier Division ....holy hell

Tywardreath RBL 6 -2 Bodmin Saints Division 1 .......nice

yes there does seem to be a lot less interest this season in duchy scores etc....some of the banter was lunacy at times but the odd crass comment at least made us laugh/swear or some other amusing reaction...its all gone quiet over there i spose

would be nice to have shock result of the week ideas...bit like sunday indys team of the day slot...

this week looe gotta be up there for beating torpoint but there also is godolphin, pelynt res, mevagissey amongst them

I think the duchy will be a close thing this year, one team thought they would walk it but doesnt seem that way!

a lot of teams have improved and there are a number of teams that could win it.

thought looe had a great result today as did gunnislake who I think will be near the top at the end with st teath, hopefully a certain stubbarn side team will be up there too!

St Cleer will be strong title contenders,there manager has been there before they have a great pitch and players who have been disciplined and played at a much higher level.Gunni from what i saw on saturday will be well organized and have a coach who has them really wound up,Looe Town have goal scorers and will win most of there home games .Torpoint will finish outside the top three and on saturdays second half performance so will St teath.We should have had the game won in the first 20 minutes ,and that cost us its all very well playing pretty football but sometimes you need to adapt and play ugly ,a change of personnel in some posistions may be needed to achieve that.MY prediction for the league is ST Cleer and then the rest.

Guest gunniplayer

still a long way to go in the season, were not getting carried with the win on saturday we got to now focus on saturdays match at st cleer.there will be many twist throughout the season and it will go down right to the wire

Kitbag, didnt Torpoint beat ST Cleer 9-0?

I know they haven't had good results recently but I still think they will be there or there abouts, alongside yourselves and Gunni. Never seen St Cleer play but if Point beat them 9-0 then they wont win the league, no team can lose so heavily and win the league in the same season.

I am gonna wait till our next lot of league matches before I comment on how we will do, got some really tough games coming up.

Home to Lamerton

Away to St. Teath

Home to St. Cleer

Away to Torpoint

After that us Saltash boys should have a fair idea of how we stand in this league.

Completely different team at St Cleer than the one that lost to Torpoint,watch this space they will be the team to watch.Good to make the point though that there are others in the league not just us and torpoint.You could look at all the results and ask questions,Lammerton draw at Foxhole beat Torpoint a team who put 7 past foxhole ,St Cleer 5 1 winners at St MAWGAN a team who drew at looe,who beat torpoint away etc,etc.Funny old game .Good to hear from you Bigdawg best of luck for the season.

Guest Frank le tank

Can anyone inform me if James Charlton for St Dominick did an Adebayor in front of the Saltash United 3rds faithfal after scoring a vital goal? The french wizard strikes again!!!!

Can anyone inform me if James Charlton for St Dominick did an Adebayor in front of the Saltash United 3rds faithfal after scoring a vital goal? The french wizard strikes again!!!!

Nah he didn't really, surprised he carried on after Josh Fairweather took him out with an amazing tackle though.

Guest gunniplayer

not that i want lamerton to win but surely the result must stand as the match reached its final 10 mins or so but guess the league will let us know in due course