Cornwall Football Forum

Mining Results 19/09/09

Mining 2

Halestown 1 - 4 West Cornwall

I'm sure Helstown will be on later saying we moan a lot, and to be fair today we did, many thanks to the ref who stood in as no ref was appointed, apologies to him for a couple of comments from both sets of players.

West Cornwall scorers

M Reynolds

O Barrett 2

A Kemp (pen)

Mining League Div. 1

Trevenson Utd. 3 .v. Newlyn Non-Athletico 3

Goals from Carl Stretton, Luke Hart and Reece (?) still trying to remember names as a few new signings have come in. 1st point on the board and 3-1 up with about 10mins to play so plenty for Stuart Osborn to think about leading up to training on Wednesday!

Mining League Div. 3

St. Buryan Res. 0 .v. Trevenson Utd. Res. 2

Good performance from us today against a tidy St. Buryan side. We made a couple changes to try and improve on our performances in the last couple of weeks notably with Nathan Watling playing up top along side Darren Copeland. It was Nathan who gave us the lead after about 10 mins or so poking the ball home from just inside the area. The 1st half was fairly even, we were having a lot of luck down the right hand side with Shaun Gunn linking well with Shaun Wilkins and St. Buryan were breaking through midfield and down the left in good numbers and if it wasn't for some good defensive work and mis placed passes, St. Buryan could of had some joy. St.Buryan missed a gilt edged chance when through one on one with Nathan Hick in goal. Having hit his shot, Nathan got his finger tips to the ball to push it onto the post and bounce back into his arms. Shaun Wilkins scored Trevenson's second, picking the ball up from a throw in looking up and hitting a humdinger that found the top corner of the net from about 30yds! Second half was a good contest. St. Buryan had a fair amount of posession but we managed to handle them with Spencer Osborn and Frank Mitchell working well in midfield to protect our back line. Some late pressure was applied on us but we held on for a good 3 points.

THREEMILESTONE RES 0-9 MADRON

Another great result for madron 6 nil up at half time should of made it more then 9 nil but that is football.

But feel sorry for the threemilestone manager as he as got players that do not give a damn about playing for the team sad really as they could be a good team.

Matty thomas 4 Dan burt 3 Jamie mooney 1 Dale vigus 1

Good luck to threemilestone res for the rest of the season thanks boys.

Bring on next week Green Army!!!!!!! :clapper:

Guest theforceuk

Storm 6 - 0 St Ives Town RES

A good performance from Storm against a young St Ives team who did well to keep it 0-0 for first 30 minutes. Good luck to Storm for rest of season, not that they need any!

PS Sorry we did'ent join you for an after game drink but a lot of young players who have part time jobs who are in team, see you at the saltings later on in season!

Storm 6 - 0 St Ives Town RES

A good performance from Storm against a young St Ives team who did well to keep it 0-0 for first 30 minutes. Good luck to Storm for rest of season, not that they need any!

PS Sorry we did'ent join you for an after game drink but a lot of young players who have part time jobs who are in team, see you at the saltings later on in season!

Thanks for your positive comments mate your side is young and played very well they must keep their heads up and keep trying to play football as they did today and all will come to them very soon. Gave us a great game today and yes we where held for the first 30 mins by a dogged performance from all your players under the extreme pressure we put you under well done again and storm wish you all the best to whats going to be a talented side if you can keep them all!!.

Well done to Illogan 3rds today, gave us another hiding to add to the ones we have already had this season. We looked good for the first 20 mins but with loads of changes to the side the players didn't appear to have much belief in themselves. No excuses on the day though, the host of players that Illogan have that should be playing higher level will no doubt become stronger as the season progresses and chalenge the likes of Madron & Titans (good results for both those teams again... well done!).

I am confident that once the injury room at Storm is empty they will be a different prospect a few weeks down the line. My last game as manager so good luck to the boys for the rest of the season... it will get better!!!!!!!!!

just like to add that J. Jones last goal was a superb finish and there wont be many better this season in my opinion.

THREEMILESTONE RES 0-9 MADRON

Another great result for madron 6 nil up at half time should of made it more then 9 nil but that is football.

But feel sorry for the threemilestone manager as he as got players that do not give a damn about playing for the team sad really as they could be a good team.

Matty thomas 4 Dan burt 3 Jamie mooney 1 Dale vigus 1

Good luck to threemilestone res for the rest of the season thanks boys.

Bring on next week Green Army!!!!!!! :clapper:

matty thomas playing mining 2???????????

only the brave a?

no wonder your going to win the league.

good luck moonie your a leg end.

ludgvan must love ya!!!!!!!!

Mining 2

Halestown 1 - 4 West Cornwall

I'm sure Helstown will be on later saying we moan a lot, and to be fair today we did, many thanks to the ref who stood in as no ref was appointed, apologies to him for a couple of comments from both sets of players.

West Cornwall scorers

M Reynolds

O Barrett 2

A Kemp (pen)

I wasn't at the game but have heard from the team and the ref that you certainly moan a lot! The ref didn't feel he could book anyone so I suppose didn't stamp out the abuse directed at him. He did his best - and understand he was very fair - so it's disappointing to hear he'll think twice before volunteering again.

Well done on the result though, I hear it was 2-1 with 5-10 minutes to play.

Mining 1

Sennen 0-2 Halsetown

Reasonable game down at Sennen. Loads of scoring chances but we failed to put them away. 2-0 at half time and result never really in doubt but should have had more. Good to see another clean sheet.

Sennen played good football at times and didn't deserve all the stick they were getting from their bench and supporters.

Thanks for the food in the pub after. Good news - our keeper doesn't like chilli so there was plenty for the rest of us!

Mining 3

Praze 3 - 0 Gulval

No complaints from me on this one. Once again our opponents got what they deserved, as did we. The one thing that truly seperated us was the fact that Praze actually play as a team and are clearly willing to play for eachother, something we're NEVER likely to do if we're not able to put out the same team 2 weeks in a row :( . I mean, upto now we've played 4 games and had NINE DIFFERENT STRIKERS :angry2: , and I'm pretty sure that we've also not had the same defence or midfield combination in consecutive games either. It's just not a platform to build anything upon, unfortunately :(

Anyway, I don't want to detract from the fact that Praze WERE better than us and DID deserve their victory. Infact they perhaps could have, and should have won by more. Although on the losing team, I found it satisfying to see how they were happy and more comfortable to pass the ball as much as possible and I honestly think I didn't witness a single aimless hoof up the field. They played the game the way it should be played and I applaud them for that :clapper: ..

So, well done to Praze and we look forward to welcoming you down to our humble little club later in the season :thumbsup:

One more thing, GREAT to catch up with Jeweller and see that he's still got some of the old magic in his legs ;) .

Good luck for the rest of the season lads. :c:

Mining 3.

Redruth 3 Rosudgeon 4

Fantastic result today,Rosudgeon really fought hard for a well earned win today.

After we started the better of the two sides,Somehow Redruth took a 2.0 lead with 2 goals from 2 shots!!!

But there was real belief from the boys today,And even at 2.0 down we still felt we could take something from the game.We got the goal back just before half-time which i'm sure Matt will claim!!!

Second half Jozzie,Who had run the line up front superbly on his own,Started to enjoy himself and started running freely at the back four,And by doing so, Scoring twice to make it 3.2. Redruth were never going to lie down,And made it 3.3 with a great finish.But after a majestic substitution from the 'Gaffer' Deano Hunt came of the bench to hit fine volley across the keeper,To give Rosudgeon the points :yahoo::yahoo:

We made a couple of changes to the side today,Due to recent results,And although the lads left out were obviously disappointed,The reaction was superb.Its time to kick-on now lads.

Would just like to say thankyou Redruth,There a strong physical side,But fair and by no means dirty.They're a good bunch of lads,Who play good football.Good luck to you all for the rest of the season.And hope your couple of injured lads are okay. :c::c::c:

Goals.

Matty ( ;) ) 1

Jozzie 2

Deano 1

Man of the Match Jozzie,Superb performance from the big-man today,Stood up to be counted when we really needed to today :clapper::clapper: .

Donkey of the day. Guv,The players gave it to the Gaffer :SM_carton::SM_carton:

One for the 'Dubious Decision Panel ' I think!!!!!

Chacewater 1 Illogan Res 6

Not a great game or performance but three points none the less....we made hard work of it on a poor pitch but the greens battled well and didnt make it easy.

Goal scorers were :

Adam Calloway 1

Aaron Carver 1

Ian Cunningham 1 - great solo effort, left a trail of bodies on the floor a some crunching 50/50's

Ryan Treloar 3 - after coming on as sub.

Thanks for the food after the game.

just like to thank ludgvan for the game today.did not give up all game the keeper played a blinder had some outstanding saves but on the day we were just to good.see you at ours and thanks for the hospitality. :c:

Thank you Postman Pat,we're not the best at the moment as we're a brand new team put together 3 weeks before the season started so hopefully we'll improve as the seaon develops.

Would like to say thank you to your boys for a great game in the right spirit and for their respect after the game,a great bunch of lads who will surely be looking at promotion this season.

St Buryan 0 - Trevenson 2

Not a good day at the office! Had our chances but just didn't happen, which is a shame as we created through out the game.

Fair play to Trevenson who put there chances away.

Need to get on it again lads as next month is a toughy what with Redruth, Mariners, Perranporth, Praze and Carbis Bay :wacko:

Chacewater 1 Illogan Res 6

Not a great game or performance but three points none the less....we made hard work of it on a poor pitch but the greens battled well and didnt make it easy.

Goal scorers were :

Adam Calloway 1

Aaron Carver 1

Ian Cunningham 1 - great solo effort, left a trail of bodies on the floor a some crunching 50/50's

Ryan Treloar 3 - after coming on as sub.

Thanks for the food after the game.

Hi baggie you not on the score sheet this week then lol looks like you are putting a good run together and also looking like you are starting to gel you are still my title favourites but my mate daz might have something to say Robertes going well. see you soon mate.

St Buryan 0 - Trevenson 2

Not a good day at the office! Had our chances but just didn't happen, which is a shame as we created through out the game.

Fair play to Trevenson who put there chances away.

Need to get on it again lads as next month is a toughy what with Redruth, Mariners, Perranporth, Praze and Carbis Bay :wacko:

Don't forget a tough game against Wendron 5ths this saterday :P