Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results

Guest Postie Pidge

Mining 2

Cornish New Boys 3 - 4 Mount Ambrose (h/t 1-3)

Bloody hell it was hot today and we so nearly threw this game away after being 3-0 up we eased off and New Boys came at us with everything and pulled it back to 3-3 but we just held them out and grabbed the winner about 5 mins from time, end to end stuff at times but we are still unbeaten (just).

Well done to New Boys who played some nice football today and best of luck for the rest of the season

Div 1

Robartes Arms 3 Goonhavern 1

A good advert for Mining League football with defences on top throughout the first half but more chances,mainly for the home team,came in a competitive second period.

The deadlock was broken with a long range angled shot from the left but Goonhavern equalised with a followup after a penalty award.A roll out by the visiting goalkeeper was pounced upon with ten minutes left with Nick Troon again gaving Robartes the lead which was added to a minute later.

Mining 1

Gwinear 7 - 3 Newlyn

Worst half hour of football I have seen from us since I've been at the club, meant that we were 5-0 down in the opening 30 minutes. Managed to get 1 back before half-time and scored twice early-ish in the second half to make it 5-3, but then more shocking errors and lapses in concentration allowed Gwinear to wrap it up.

Fair play to the home side, they have some tidy players and got at us from the start. But to be brutally honest, we were s**t and an embarrassment to ourselves. Everybody has days like this, and on paper we are presently a much weaker side to the one that won Mining 2 last season. But after 3 great performances, today was one to forget. Several key players missing, and several who just couldn't be arsed.

Thanks to Gwinear for the hospitality. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Mining 3

Madron 0-5 Perranporth (HT 0-4)

Bispham

Brandreth 3

Dark

Convincing win for Perranporth, but didn't play very well, especially the second half. Can do much better than todays performance.

Mining 3

Rosudgeon 1- St Buryan 5 (0-5 HT)

Another good team performance today, played very well first half with some great work from our back four. Scored early on to get ourselves into gear and from there built on it with good team play. Other goals coming in the way of a great leaping header from Jossy then a silly pen given our way because the little fella couldn't jump high enough so used a hand, which Danny calmly stuck in the bag. The other two cracking finishes coming from Conor, he should've gone on and put the third away but rushed it.

Rosudgeon pressed really well at the start of the second half and went on to win a pen which we should've delt with better, not much happining for the last 20 with the heat taking its toll on both teams.

Rosudgeon have a good bunch of lads who play good football on a good pitch, for sure they will not struggle this season.

Once again Blues great stuff out there, good to see we're all loving it!! :thumbsup:

Mining League Div. 1

Illogan RBL 2nd's 8 .v. Trevenson Utd. 1

A new man at the helm! Stuart Osborn has been unveiled as the new 1st team manager but wasn't able to work his magic in his first 90mins in charge. Has made a few signings already and one of them ( Tim Kitchen ) scored today after being set up by Carl Stretton. Will await ' Gee ' to fill us all in on Illogan's goalscorer's. From what I was told, a much improved performance from Trevenson.

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd. Res. 1 .v. Carbis Bay 5

We were hoping for a good performance after our mid week mauling at the hands of Perranporth and things started brightly when Darren Copeland found enough time in the oppositions 6 yd box to control , turn and fire into the top corner of the net to give us a 1 nil advantage early doors. Unfortunately, this was cancelled out just as quickly, with Carbis Bay scoring twice to take the lead, 1-2 after less then 10 mins! The rest of the half was a good battle with, to be fair, Carbis bay on top. Nathan Hick in the Trevenson goal pulled off some top drawer saves to keep us in the game, but we found ourselves 3-1 down at h/t. We certainly felt coming out for the 2nd half that we could get back into the game and started the 2nd half brightly but after a little while Carbis Bay got on top of us and never looked back. We were guilty, as a team, for not tracking the runners from midfield and all too often they were finding the run of an unmarked man to take a shot and without Nathan in goal and some last ditch challenges I think it would of been a greater score line. All credit to Carbis Bay who are a tidy outfit, we wish them all the best for the season.

MINING 1

FOUR LANES 3 V SENNEN 1

ALTHOUGH A DESERVED WIN FOR FOUR LANES,BASED ON THEIR APPETITE AND GENERAL TEAM WORK,THIS GAME WAS MARRED BY SOME RECKLESS CHALLENGES,ONE CULMINATING WITH A BAD TACKLE ON OUR DEFENDER,THE GAME WAS HELD UP FOR AROUND HALF AN HOUR,BEFORE A MEDIC TURNED UP,THANKFULLY HIS LEG WAS NOT BROKEN,I FULLY AGREE THAT FOOTBALL IS A MAN'S GAME AND THERE IS A PHYSICAL ASPECT TO THE GAME,BUT SOME OF THESE GUYS HAVE TO GO BACK TO WORK. THE REFEREE WAS TO SAY THE LEAST VERY VERY POOR...YES WE NEED THEM SORELY IN OUR GAME BUT HE LEFT A LOT TO BE DESIRED,TO BOTH SIDES,WITH HIS INEPT HANDLING OF THE GAME.

AND HIS DECISION MAKING....BUT WE AGAIN DID NOT PRODUCE THE STANDARD TO GAIN ANY POINTS FROM THIS GAME....TRAILING 2-0,WE MANAGED TO CLAW OUR WAY BACK,BUT AN AWFUL BACK PASS,LET IN THEIR STRIKER,AND HE DULY MADE IT 3-1...LESSON'S NEED TO BE LEARNED QUICKLY..

ROB SPENCE SCORED OUR ONLY GOAL..AFTER GOOD WORK BY JAKE BARRETT...BUT TOO LITTLE TOO LATE.

MINING TWO

Cornish New Boys 3 - 4 Mount Ambrose (Half Time, 1-3)

Mount scorers - Callum Salmon, Dan Richards, Tom Biddle, Jason Dyer

Another good win for Mount, three in a row now, a club record im sure!!!

A tough game however, CNB played some nice football at times and showed some factastic spirit after going three down.

Mount scored within the first few minutes, a wonderful 25 yard volley by...ahem, me flew strait into the top right corner (no, really!!!) was followed only minutes later a similar goal (but from not quite as far out!!!) by Dan Richards. Tom Biddle added a third soon after, nicking the ball past the keeper after a great through ball from Jason Dyer.

After that Mount seemed to take the foot off the pedal an CNB really woke up and hit one back before the break and two more soon after half-time to pull the game back to 3-3.

CNB could well have taken the points at this point and were really pileing on the pressure but for some lovely interchanging football by Tom and Kev Mitchell allowing Jason to superbly turn his man and finish from a tight angle to give Mount the points! The referee today in my opinion had a very good game.

Good luck to CNB for the season, we'll see you later on at Clijah!

:c:

Illogan scorers were as follows :

Jonny Jones 3

Jeb Martin 1

Lee Harris 1

Nick Ward 1 yes thats right me....1 in 1....

Ian Cunningham 1

Luke Helan 1

Jason Buckley 1

Finished 9-1

Well done Trevenson who never gave up & but for some good saves fron Carter in goal Trevenson could have had 3 or 4 goals...but wasnt to be...

Ref : Porkie...another decent job.

Illogan scorers were as follows :

Jonny Jones 3

Jeb Martin 1

Lee Harris 1

Nick Ward 1 yes thats right me....1 in 1....

Ian Cunningham 1

Luke Helan 1

Jason Buckley 1

Finished 9-1

Well done Trevenson who never gave up & but for some good saves fron Carter in goal Trevenson could have had 3 or 4 goals...but wasnt to be...

Ref : Porkie...another decent job.

You r right but carter had 7# 8 one on ones 3 when 2#1 down but well done james

Robartes 3 Goonhavern 1

Tight game in the 1st half....where chances were very few....but I expect after a few choice words at half time...Robartes came out a different side....Fluke goal for the 1st....but then Goonhavern got back in the game with a rebound from a penalty....Matt Millbanks the scorer.................then a crazy five minutes...robartes 2nd from a mis-throw from our a keeper (should of been whacked up the field)...then straight from the kickoff...wayward pass...5 seconds later 3-1......the result was never in doubt....bit disappointing really as we matched Robartes defensively 70% of the game.................game though was marred by a sending off for a Robartes player (swearing) after an incident involving Goonhaverns goalkeeper and their forward....which was a shame as I thought we gave a good account of ourselves...especially missing a few players....good luck to Robartes for the rest of season....will def be in the top 3.....

Illogan 9 - 1 Trevenson

As Baggie updated really. We could have had a few more but the same goes for Trevenson. Were still not clicking but hopefully not to far away and fair play to Trevenson kept going until the final whistle.

Porky had a good game as well.

Guest mikey catterall

Robartes 3 Goonhavern 1

Tight game in the 1st half....where chances were very few....but I expect after a few choice words at half time...Robartes came out a different side....Fluke goal for the 1st....but then Goonhavern got back in the game with a rebound from a penalty....Matt Millbanks the scorer.................then a crazy five minutes...robartes 2nd from a mis-throw from our a keeper (should of been whacked up the field)...then straight from the kickoff...wayward pass...5 seconds later 3-1......the result was never in doubt....bit disappointing really as we matched Robartes defensively 70% of the game.................game though was marred by a sending off for a Robartes player (swearing) after an incident involving Goonhaverns goalkeeper and their forward....which was a shame as I thought we gave a good account of ourselves...especially missing a few players....good luck to Robartes for the rest of season....will def be in the top 3.....

it was a tight match bertie u boys played alot of good football especially in the first half and going in at the break our gaffer fired us up as u would of noticed we were a different team in the second half but goodluck to u and goonhavern i think u boys will do ok this season :thumbsup:

MINING 3, REDRUTH 4-2 GULVAL

ONCE AGAIN we were forced to play without a referee (third game in a row :angry2: ) but this did not stop all of us wanting to enjoy our saturday afternoon. One of the Redruth lads graciously offered to officiate over the 1st half, and it has to be said that he was a walking demonstration of fairness.

The game was played in GREAT spirit, the challenges were firm but fair (I have a screwed left ankle, screwed left calf, screwed big toe on left foot and screwed right foot to prove it :thumbsup: ) and to be honest, it was probably not a bad game to watch?. I really hope the Redruth players don't see this as being disrespectful, BUT, we were absolutely awful yesterday. We never got going and would have struggled to pass wind, let alone the ball. The chances were there to have a comfortable lead at half time but finishing was, once again, none existent :angry2: . (I'll get my chance upfront one day, you'll see :unsure: )

Redruth DID deserve the victory, they outfought us, out passed us and most importantly, outscored us because they were able to make their chances count. To be fair, Redruth could have had a couple more goals if luck had gone their way in the 1st half after a few of Darrens monster throws were flicked on and caused us many problems.

Facts are, Redruth won, we lost and both teams got what they deserved from the game. MUST say a huge thanks to the fella who reffed the 1st half. He did a great job and got his reward when he came from ABSOLUTELY NOWHERE to bullet in a header from a freekick that we all assumed was sailing beyond the far post, celebrations were much deserved. Although, he made us feel even worse when he went into his changing room after the game and told his team-mates "That was the first goal I've scored, EVER, even in training"... BA***RD :thumbsup: ..

Fair play to all the boys from Redruth. Once again the hospitality was superb in the bar afterwards :clapper: . We look forward to welcoming you in the return fixture and wish you all the best in all your games prior to, and after our next match. :c:

MINING 3, REDRUTH 4-2 GULVAL

ONCE AGAIN we were forced to play without a referee (third game in a row :angry2: )

Yea what is going on withs refs in this division we at Wendron have had two games now where the refs we were meant to have were redesinated to another game and left us in the crap with no ref so have had to use one of our players which leaves us one short or use someone from the other team which Trevensons manager thanfully did. They need to sort it out

Yea what is going on withs refs in this division we at Wendron have had two games now where the refs we were meant to have were redesinated to another game and left us in the crap with no ref so have had to use one of our players which leaves us one short or use someone from the other team which Trevensons manager thanfully did. They need to sort it out

That's what happens mate, when we're playing in the "lowest of the low" league.. We'll undoubtably get the usual "Well you could always get your refs badges if you don't like the shortage situation", but that doesn't interest me in the slightest. I want to play football, when I can't play football anymore, I'll revert to looking for hair to pull out while I'm spending time with the wife and kids.

How many other teams, whether mining 3 or above, have had to endure their games so far this season without a referee?.

Mining League Div. 1

Illogan RBL 2nd's 8 .v. Trevenson Utd. 1

A new man at the helm! Stuart Osborn has been unveiled as the new 1st team manager but wasn't able to work his magic in his first 90mins in charge. Has made a few signings already and one of them ( Tim Kitchen ) scored today after being set up by Carl Stretton. Will await ' Gee ' to fill us all in on Illogan's goalscorer's. From what I was told, a much improved performance from Trevenson.

Mining League Div. 3

Trevenson Utd. Res. 1 .v. Carbis Bay 5

We were hoping for a good performance after our mid week mauling at the hands of Perranporth and things started brightly when Darren Copeland found enough time in the oppositions 6 yd box to control , turn and fire into the top corner of the net to give us a 1 nil advantage early doors. Unfortunately, this was cancelled out just as quickly, with Carbis Bay scoring twice to take the lead, 1-2 after less then 10 mins! The rest of the half was a good battle with, to be fair, Carbis bay on top. Nathan Hick in the Trevenson goal pulled off some top drawer saves to keep us in the game, but we found ourselves 3-1 down at h/t. We certainly felt coming out for the 2nd half that we could get back into the game and started the 2nd half brightly but after a little while Carbis Bay got on top of us and never looked back. We were guilty, as a team, for not tracking the runners from midfield and all too often they were finding the run of an unmarked man to take a shot and without Nathan in goal and some last ditch challenges I think it would of been a greater score line. All credit to Carbis Bay who are a tidy outfit, we wish them all the best for the season.

Good game today from the Carbis Bay lads, first 5mins Trevenson took the lead, this was enough to wake us up and make us pull our finger out. Some great football from Carbis Bay should have scored more than we did but as already mentioned the Trevenson keeper made some blinding saves. Trevenson never gave up so fair play to the lads, I think if they had argued less between themselves they would have gotinto the game a bit more. Cheers boys, good game and best of luck with the rest ofthe season.

Rosudgeon Res 1 St Buryan 5

Congratulations to Buryan they deserved there victory,Thankyou also to there manager for reffing,

As for Rosudgeon it's back to the drawing board,Where quite frankly the lads have got to take look in the mirror.

Redruth next week,Its time to put the pride back in our game.

Threemilestone 1 Gulvar 1

On arrival at the gates I was informed by the local kids that the match had kicked off and the away side were leading 1-0. As I got to pitchside I found out that Threemilestone had hit back straight away..Had a good chat to TMS9, great to meet you and we will stay in touch.

Threemilestone control the game, but Gulvar battled hard for their point if not lucky at times, but thats football for you.

Storm Res 2 - 3 Mousehole (3rd's?)

Mouselhole deserved to win this game over the 90 minutes, but I feel that Storm could have won it even though it wasn't a particularly good performance. That could have all been irrelevant though if the Mousehole striker had put away his chances in front of an open goal on 2 seperate occasions! Well done to Mousehole who on the whole were a top bunch of guys.

Alopogies to Mousehole about the food situation after the game. We were informed late on that someone hadn't shown up for work or something like that.

Storm are not good enough at the moment and there are a few players letting down those who are working really hard to try to win each game. In fact.. I would go so far as to say we have got a few tarts in the team who are not passionate enough about winning! That is our major problem.

titans played well today, scored 6 and could have been a lot more.st agnes did not stop trying but today was our day.then we had a good time on the beer suffered on sunday but hey team bonding.good luck to a young st agnes apart from the midfielder come defender come goalkeeper see you at yours wellsey mate lol :c:

shame only 3 of yours came back when we laid on food :(