Cornwall Football Forum

willand rovers v falmouth town

not wanting to use this as any excuse but i think from what i was told last night after our combo game at Bickland that our firsts were short of players tonight, think Luke Murray from our combo side started up front , hope he had a good game tho and gave it his best shot which i am sure he did! dont think Willand were ever goin to be a pushover away from home anyway to be fair were they?

Nigel Thwaites gave Town an early lead before David Steele levelled at half time.

The winner came from Joel Hawes midway through the half.

Willand now entertain high flying Poole Town on Saturday(They walked the Wessex League last year 116pts.110GD and this season have a 100% record) probably too hot for Town.

Att.86

What was the line up 'Pidge' ?

It may be a creditable performance if as I understand Falmouth were struggling to get a side together.

Nigel Thwaites now equal leading goalscorer-what has happened to Danny O'Hagan? No goals in 5 games.

Scoring/creating is the problem with Town's record so far

P.7 W2.D1.L4 GF 8-GA10

Guest Postie Pidge

In numerical order:

Chapman

Stidwell

Rawlings

Smith

Flynn

Howlett (12 Thomson 69m)

Thwaites

Pugliese

O'Hagan

Carey (14 L. Murray 79m)

Gibson

Unused sub: P. Murray

First time Falmouth have had a father-son appear on the team sheet.

1-0 9m Nigel Thwaites

1-1 23m David Steele

1-2 60m Joel Hawes

Referee: Marc Oldaker (Launceston)

Assistants: Martin Smith and Barry Jackson (Plymouth)

I really thought Falmouth were going to be a top 8 side this year. At the moment they look a poor side judged on results. Long way to go yet though.

Have watched town twice this season and on both occassions played some tidy football. I think they will be challenging for trophies.

If Alan had been able to put out his first team in every game then I think the picture would be very different, however 3 defeats is nothing to worry about. As for the F.A. Cup, I don't think they or Willand are good enough to get past what looks like an exceptionally strong Poole side. Would have been nice to see a decent team at Bickland on Saturday and a bit of extra cash, but nevermind.

What Town need is a few more additions to the squad and I am sure players will become available in the e next few weeks.

Good luck Town and keep playing football :)