Cornwall Football Forum

FHFL Results 05/09/2009

Troon 2 perranwell 2

Troon dominating all first half with chances squandered. Should have been at least 2-0 up at half time.

Perranwell played good football and went 2nil up with 20 mins remaining. It was then all Troon but just no finishing product. A great shot from 30 yards by tim kitchen for his first of the campaign for Troon. Troon battled hard right up to the 91st minute when a corner from myself was whipped in, goalmouth scramble by the Troon guys then a goal. Goal was dissallowed by the ref for a penalty due to handball. I stepped up, slotted home. 2-2, full time

to be honest we should have won but perranwell done good, defence, altho at times rather shaky, kept there composure. A good game in good spirits, nice bunch of lads. All the best for the rest of the season

Wendron 1 - Porthleven Rangers 2

Great result for the boys to get back to winning ways, Gav and Bart got the all-important goals. Game did get a little niggly at one point but overall I feel we did just enough to deserve the win.

Great snorkers and chips afterwards, thanks for the hospitality and all the best for the rest of the season.

FALMOUTH ALBION 1 PENDEEN 2

ALBION TAKING THE LEAD FROM GREAT BUILD UP PLAY FINISHED OFF FROM 18 YARDS BY MARC SIMMONS. PENDEEN MAKING IT 1 ALL JUST AFTER HALF TIME. DUBIOUS GOAL TO WIN THE GAME WHEN SKY SPORTS REPLAYS SHOWED THE TROON STRIKER CLEARLY 2 YARDS OFFSIDE WHEN FREEKICK TAKEN, THEN BLOCKED THE KEEPER TO ALLOW THE SHOT STRAIGHT IN FROM FREEKICK, REF DECIDED TO IGNORE REPLAYS AND LINESMAN ??? ON THE WHOLE ALBION DOMINATED FIRST HALF PENDEEN SECOND HALF, FAIR RESULT AT THE END

CAN CONFIRM F.TOWN WON 10 - 1 ANY IDEA OF SCORERS

ALSO ANY MATCH REPORT ON TINE PENRYN GAME

Just a quick question shifty...... How do you drop a team ???

Penryn 0 Perranporth 2 (Perkins, Leete)

A easier game than Perran expected and should have won by a lot more whilst Athletic only had 1 shot on target.....

Ref Mr Wise had a mare after turning up late he must have the only whistle that you have to put a 50p into as he never blew it he just kept giving his descions by stopping the game by shouting !!!! harshly sent off Penryns number 3.

Boggy small pitch with about 9 watching...............

i watched the tine game and i have to say tine deserved the win. for me penryn made to many mistakes in vital places on the pitch. no team can give 2 pens away and not get away wit it. hope penryn bounce back.

how come tine have a different team every week?????

can any1 frm tine tell me y????????

Guest mariner

Peg Leg your spot on with your analysis, we didnt create enough clear cut chances which was down to tines pressure and the wrong final ball by us. We got exactly what we deserved F**K ALL :(

But on the upside i won some chocolate in the raffle :D

A easier game than Perran expected and should have won by a lot more whilst Athletic only had 1 shot on target.....

Ref Mr Wise had a mare after turning up late he must have the only whistle that you have to put a 50p into as he never blew it he just kept giving his descions by stopping the game by shouting !!!! harshly sent off Penryns number 3.

Mitch you seem to have put my rating for this game on your Perran website upside down? it says 6 not 9! ha ha :D

Well done lads great result

:yahoo:

i would like to put that it was more than 1 shot on target and also we did have 5 players missing from this game and im sorry but we are not pros so be greatfull for what pitch u play on if u dont like it then dont turn up to the game thats my point of view thanks

Frogpool 1- Helston 6

Finally got off the mark today after a very slow start to the season,had a few more of the old guard back today which made a massive difference,a lot stronger at the back. a decent enough game but Helstons finishing was top notch,hopefully this is a performance which we can repeat week in week out from now on,a lot of positives to be taken. bring on the porthleveners on monday!

Quaid thats just my point of view, and I don't think your team like it because they didn't turn up :drink:

well then thats fair enough our team doesnt like it because they didnt turn up....umm we had 2 banned 1 working 2 injured we look forward playing u down yours where im sure it will be a different game cheers

Guest Poker Ace

I was watching Penryn 4ths vs Perranporth res today and if thats all Perran had to offer against a much weakened young Penryn side then my god there are a few teams that can win the league this year. :c:

I was watching Penryn 4ths vs Perranporth res today and if thats all Perran had to offer against a much weakened young Penryn side then my god there are a few teams that can win the league this year. :c:

Thankyou Poker ace i think there is teams that will be better than them this year and we play them again i think it will be different

what happened to the galacticos at penryn, all gone tits up already fifi eh? not looking so rosy now is it sick note? the tine reminded you that you have to earn the right to play your football not just turn up and win cause on paper you got a good side, well deserved win for tine

M.O.M paul jefferies, pure class

Donkey of the match chopper, just for turnin up

tine did deserve the win in the end **** and dom,as we just never turned up and tine acted on that by giving us nothing to work with, so credit to them, but we learn from our mistakes and we will bounce back.

The season is in the early stages an trust me Perran don't think they can just turn up an win this league!

It wasn't a good performance from us (Perran) but a clean sheet and 3 points all the same.

Shame you didn't see the previous 2 games we've played, much better performances and showed 'more of what we have to offer'.

Quiad we shall look forward to the reverse fixture

Saturday 7th November 2009 - Whirlwind Sports Falmouth/Helston League Division 2

Perranporth - Vs - Penryn Athletic IV (Home) - Kick Off: 2.30pm

I think you may be pushing for the FHFL 2 title to, but can't judge you if you had so many missing on todays game.

:)

FALMOUTH DIV 3!

PENDEEN ROVERS RES 3-2 CARHARRACK RES

CAMBORNE PARK RES 0-4 ST.DAY

Im going to write this is proper English for all my fans out there who can't understand my normal writing format.

An early start for Carharrack Res, making a total of 57.8 mile journey to Pendeen and back. With a some what depleted side due to injury and work commitments Carharrack travelled for the game knowing things were gonna be tough down Pendeen. The game was 50/50 for the opening 20 minutes and the score somehow stayed level. The game took a change when Carharrack should have took the lead but for Pendeen's keeper who pulled off a cracking save and from this Pendeen countered and the striker dually obliged and put Pendeen 1-0 up. Carharrack then had a few chances but the keeper was on top form and Pendeen double there lead 10 minutes later with another counter attack 2-0 Pendeen.

Half time Pendeen 2-0 Carharrack.

The 2nd half saw Carharrack inspired by the half time team talk and came out wanting it even more than they did in the 1st half. But after 15 minutes it was still Pendeen 2-0 up. Then the Manager made a tatical change and took off his central midfielder but his striker in midfield and donned the pitch himself upfront. This seemed to fire the lads up and now Carharrack were flowing Carharrack won a corner and Gibbons jumped high only for the Pendeen player to beat him to the ball and unlucky for Pendeen score an own goal. 2-1! Carharrack now charging wasted no time and after acrobatics from Dyer and a photographers save from the keeper Carharrack had another corner. Pendeen thought they had it clear but Montgomery had other ideas and unleashed a screaming half volley making it 2-2! This started end to end football again! With both sides looking for victory it was Pendeen who stole it in the last 5 minutes with a run from deep to smash the ball past the visitors keeper. 3-2 Pendeen. Carharrack did have one last chance when Chown threaded Vargas through with a cracking curling thought ball but somehow the linesman managed to see double and say he was offside :o . But thats football and Pendeen got the 3 points today.

Well done to both sides for a great game and well played!

FINAL SCORE PENDEEN ROVERS RES 3-2 CARHARRACK RES.

:( :smiley20:

we were unlucky yesterday against a determined pendeen side. we had a few chances early on which we didnt take but some brilliant defending by shifty kept us 1-0 up at half time. well done pendeen for winning 2-1 you deserved it.

mawnan reserves crash to another thrashing? whats going on out there??? heard there was a bit of trouble after the game yesterday in mawnans clubhouse. anyone know anymore???

Albion should have jumped on penryns loss yesterday but we are still chasing!!!!

think its too early to say things are bad at penryn but maybe people have left themselves open for a bit of critisism after the defeat. having your assistant manager start topics like "major signing imminent" and having a whole topic on who youve signed makes you sound like chelsea but i am sure that penryn will knuckle down and get on with it now. hype over!!

what was mawnan reserve score and what happen after woody ??

i didnt play yesterday deano as i was injured against helston on tuesday. according to the players the didnt concentrate for 20 mins and conceded 5 goals against trispen. 2nds had three 1st team players in to strengthen the side (DJ,greggy and damo) and 6 regular players out. dont know what happened in the clubhouse as the game was away and 1st team had no game so clubhouse would have been closed yesterday. i have heard a few rumours of shenanigans last night but probably not a good thing to be posting on this forum. are you still injured dean?? :smiley20:

Guest Postie Pidge

Camborne Park Reserves vs St Day 3rds

Hayle 4ths vs Constantine Reserves

Lanner vs Marazion Blues

Lizard Argyle Reserves vs Falmouth Athletic Reserves

Ruan Minor vs Troon 3rds

PERCY STEPHENS CUP

St Day Reserves vs Cury - POSTPONED