Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Premier

Guest tafc.-gaffa

No team will walk away with this league,we where toatally awful yesterday and could have lost easily.The good news as far as i am concerned is that the players worked there socks off for the result and with a number of players to return we will be stronger in the coming weeks.The game yesterday was not football at all just 22 players chasing around with not much idea on how to control the game.The St Cleer lads where a credit to dave skews and i am sure they will now push on and cause problems for a lot of teams.One dissapointment for me was a couple of the St Cleer boys thought the pitch was small and the surface was terrible ,i dont think that was the case but i am sure we will react to any usefull information to improve it if we can.We are not experts by any means but i think this is one of the best pitches in the duchy prem.

Heard it wasnt a great preformance yesterday mate, at least you got the 3 points tho. Will you lot be back to full strength next week? Did karl get the winner?

Hello Garf ,addie played for the reserves yesterday as both teams where struggling.Addie played in a couple of preseason games for us but at that time he was undecided wether he wanted to play or not,he certainly has got the bug back now and that will be good for the whole club.The second team manager has been great to work with for a couple of seasons now and thats how the teams work together.Addie would have featured yesterday but that would have left the reserves short and i am not prepared to do that.I am also sure that mr jeffs will cause havoc with ever team he plays in dont be surprised to see a lot of him.Yes bosch Karl Elliot got the winner yesterday and he worked his socks off.Should be full strengh next week,unsure about a couple who are carrying knocks ,i wont pick them if they are not fit.Squad strengh will be important for the season,that cost us last year

I dont re-call any of our players saying anything about the playing surface on saturday at St Teath, I thought it was in great shape and a credit to the work put in. The comments were only about the size of the pitch and not the condition.

2 under strength teams managed tp play some decent football at times and I think we were unlucky to loose it in the last few minutes. Some great banter on the sidelines as well!!!

Thanks for clearing that up martin ,i agree you where very unlucky to lose,i thought and so did our players that you probably deserved all the points .The pitch does give the apperance of being small because of the fencing and the surronding banks.I have checked and it is 67m wide and 94m long.Bodmin town is 65m by 100m .I remember when St cleers field was levelved a few years back,you had similar problems to us with the drainage,i know that has improved and your pitch stays in good condition all year round,we are not so lucky and have to keep putting things right.Look forward to playing up there again/good luck for the season.