Cornwall Football Forum

Duchy Premier

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Guest BATESY NO 9

well as i missed saturday's impressive 7-1 win for Torpoint i can honestly say that Torpoint will make a very strong challenge for the duchy premier league this season. St Teath and Gunnislake will be our main challengers with Looe throwing in a few results.

i think Torpoint will go to St Cleer with alot of confidence and win by 2/3 clear goals if stacey continues his lightning start to the season after his 5 goal haul last weekend, having said that St Cleer picked up a useful point against Lamerton which as we well know is a hard place 2 go.

other results

lamerton to beat Pensilva 3-1

St teath will be too strong for Foxhole and i predict 4-1

and i'll stab out a 3-0 win for Torpoint

only my opinion but hey u gotta love banter

all the best to the teams involved

:drink: :drink:

Be a massive blow fot St Teath if Kitbag has gone, he is a man who clearly loves his football and has assembled a good team down there. Will only make things easier for Torpoint who in my opinion will take the title quite comfertably.

Gunny and St Teath also up there. Garf have you made many new signings?

Be a massive blow fot St Teath if Kitbag has gone, he is a man who clearly loves his football and has assembled a good team down there. Will only make things easier for Torpoint who in my opinion will take the title quite comfertably.

Gunny and St Teath also up there. Garf have you made many new signings?

Yes mate five, can't believe that Will has left St Teath. Watched Torpoint today they looked good. What happened to you lot today.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Boosh12 you got that very wrong.

St.Cleer 0 v 9 Torpoint Ath. 9 (Bates 4 Trick,Gill,Stacey,Doherty and Smith)

No offense to our hosts but we ripped them apart today, enough said.

The pitch was a dream, well done the groundsman.

Unfortunatly due to me making a grave clerical error due to being new to taking on the secretarial side this year i played Steve Todd last week and not checking he was signed on and found he was'nt. Foxhole have been awarded the game 1-0 which is fair enough. Gutted for my lads but they responded in the right manner in stuffing St. Cleer.

Again i put my hands up it was my fault and never meant to gain from it as Steve has played for us for the last 5 years.

Believe me it will not happen again.

Guest gunniplayer

fair play to torpoint they looked in control of the match and gave to st cleer hardly anything least thats what i thought for the 60 mins i watched of the game

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Fair point gunniplayer and to add my keeper made 1 save. We totally outclassed them and i really wonder what the standard div 1 was last year???!!!!

To be fair that is not the same team bud. You talk about the standard take a look at what the Ame's boy's are doing for Bodmin 2nd's and they played in Duchy 2 last season. Imagine if you lost half your team from last year would you be as good this season?

Guest BATESY NO 9

We played St Cleer off the park Garf, they are a useful side and will upset a few, the problem for them was they caught us purring, Everything we touched created a chance, in fairness it should have been double figures. After the clerical mishap last week( and 2 be fair to the gaffer he's doing 3 jobs at once) it has only made the team more hungry.

It's early days but we are fitter and more determined this season and after being with the boys now for 6 years, its the best team i've played in.

Good result for St Teath and if the rumours are true I hope they stay together.

I see you start your campaign midweek...........all the best...........a draw will do nicely lol.

As for the ref on Saturday he was top draw, the linesman was clearly cheating on more that 1 occasion but the one time we were clearly onside he let the play continue, the linesman was a bit red faced as it was clear to all apart from him???????????????

nice to see the banter starting early.......... all the best.

Come on the Point

:c::c::c::c::c:

Torpoint to beat St Cleer 2-0

Lamerton to beat Pensilva 2-1

St Teath to beat Foxhole 5-0

nearly spot on bar the torpoint result

OUCH !!!

Just starting my 12th season at st cleer and saturday was one of the most embarrasing days since ive been there !!

Totally outplayed and out fought by a very good Torpoint side who are obviously on a mission !!!!!!

Not gonna make excuses about people unavailable and Injured because it was still 11 v 11 and if you dont compete or even pass the ball to the right shirt then you will get punished :(

We will get it right and have no doubt that this will not happen again !!!

And in reply to TAFC gaffa thanks for the comments about the pitch and the standard in Div 1 is not as bad as we were saturday !! Also, due to your clerical error its one loss each !! :)

i would back boosh with that last time i saw willy he was still manager and i live in the same street but ain't spoke to him in a few days but doubt he has gone he's got a very strong team this year so why would he leave think st teath and torpoint will take some stopping this year just hope i ain't got a game when they play each other at st teath cos i want to see that

Thanks for your comments Bosch gladyou enjoyed the game and i think you would agree that we should have scored double figures,i am sure that will come at some stage.Cornish Chough was right with some of his comments ,i have had a chat with a few inside the club that at some stage someone will need to take over.The club needs to be far more than one man and i think st teath are Now on the way to achieving that. The current players will decide what happens but i can confirm that in my opionion this team is the best St Teath has seen at any time that i have been involved with the club.There will be slip ups on the way but if they all stay fit and focused as they are at the the moment then it will take something special to stop them taking the title.Chris simmonds is to take a more proactive roll on the coaching side ,i am not sure if the team will now be fitter and better organised or will be able to drink more,time will tell.Best of luck to you and the rest of the St Breward lads for the season.Yes i am staying.

St Mawgan drew to a strong Sticker a couple of weeks ago and have a new team with a few decent youngsters. Would they be a good outsider in the league?

Guest BATESY NO 9

Great result for Lammy, what happened Garf!!!!!

They are next up for us, i'm guessing the draw against St Cleer for them was a blip, they are gonna be a tough opponent Saturday.

I'm gonna predict a 4-0 win to us on the basis that we beat St Cleer 9-0, also as Westy boots stated we are creating bucket full of chances so hopefully we can take that form into the game saturday.

The league has started with a bang this season with a few surprise results already. What will happen Saturday is anyone's guess.

:blink::blink: :blink:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Gunny 1 Lamerton 2. We were awful looked like we didn't know each other, didn't pass the ball, actually we didn't do anything.So frustrating watching after the way we played in pre-season.

Was always going to be a hard one to call with 2 good sides. Im abit surprised at the comments as Gunni semed to be flying pre-season!!

Lamerton for us next, cant wait for the challenge!!!!

Still waiting for a few faces to "turn up to the party" really and also waiting for the bl~~dy cricket season to finish and ....and......and... above all , we are re-building and should have a nice squad working well in about 2 or 3 weeks. . . . . . . . hopefully!!

Should have won against Pensilva with ease but decided to share the points instead!!

Just commenting on martin's view from last nights match of st cleer v pensilva that st cleer should of won with ease. I have to disagree with that, being a pensilva player, st cleer did have a lot of possesion but pensilva where winning 4-3 with 7 minutes to go when the ref made a poor decision of giving st cleer a corner when it clearly came off a st cleer player. Which was hit way to long, then to be crossed back in and was deflected off a pensilva player to go in off the st cleer's strikers knee off the far post. Pensilva also hit the cross bar with a few minutes left. Overall a point each was fair result, which i have to say was a fantastic game to play in with a great crowd to watch this local derby.

I was very surprised to see Gunni get beat last night from what i've heard Gunni have a very strong squad this season and after playing against Lamerton at the weekend i was not to impressed with them, all though they did beat us and getting the 3 points is what matter.

I expect Torpoint to win by a few goals this weekend.

Guest Shanz07

Well us Saltash boys start our season next Saturday away to Gunnislake.

I have no idea whats going to happen, preparation for the season was good and we all had a good workout but didn't manage to win any games which worries me. Hopefully next week we get our win and carry on like we did for most of last season.

1 good point is that the goals in pre season have been coming from more than just Wayne and Tony (who is now injured unfortunately) and hopefully we can chip in with more goals from around the team.

Guest gunniplayer

well us gunnislake guys will be up well up for a fight next week after for the season aswell.after the dreadful performance we put in against lamerton last week, we just want to get back into competitve football again to correct the wrongs.

early team news for next weeks match is that................i will be playing after missing the lamerton game for obvious reasons. :yahoo:

No team will walk away with this league,we where toatally awful yesterday and could have lost easily.The good news as far as i am concerned is that the players worked there socks off for the result and with a number of players to return we will be stronger in the coming weeks.The game yesterday was not football at all just 22 players chasing around with not much idea on how to control the game.The St Cleer lads where a credit to dave skews and i am sure they will now push on and cause problems for a lot of teams.One dissapointment for me was a couple of the St Cleer boys thought the pitch was small and the surface was terrible ,i dont think that was the case but i am sure we will react to any usefull information to improve it if we can.We are not experts by any means but i think this is one of the best pitches in the duchy prem.

Guest gunniplayer

well they dont know what a good pitch is then coz i went to watch st teath in a pre season match and i thought the pitch looked in fantastic shape and they looked to have worked very hard on the grandstand and the pitch barrier.full credit to st teath