Cornwall Football Forum

In Bedford ahead of the game!

Hope you enjoyed it Dave..!

Certainly did thanks. Especially do when I watch a Cornish side abroad and they win! :D

Looked a nice surface to play on - apart from one side of the pitch being totally covered in leaves that had fallen off the trees along the top side of the ground. Must be a real pain in the winter when all wet and soggy.

By the way a mention for their admission prices : £9 for adults and £6 for under 16s. So cheaper for me to buy a family ticket for £20 which admits two adults and two children. Even though it was just me and my two daughters - saved a quid, but then I am Cornish!

The game itself - thought the first half was fairly even, Truro possibly shading it although they had the nearer misses.

Once Truro scored they sat back a little and soaked up the pressure, even more so when Afful was replaced by Marcus Martin.

Have to say I thought Andy Watkins and Joe Broad were City's best preformers - hard to choose between them for Man of the Match - possibly give it to Joe as he did get the goal. And I tell you what, it's surprising how much ground he covers. One example when he switched play by knocking it out to Scott Walker, from middle of the park in his own half to wide left, and who was in the Bedford penalty box to almost get on the end of it - Joe Broad!

Not sure about the strike force though. I know Afful is playing out of position - more of a winger I gather. But the pairing didn't do much for me. And didn't really have too many options on the bench either. For at least four seasons now Truro have succeeded without a big striker alternative - but I can't believe they basically go into the season with just Afful, Watkins and of course the recovering from injury Stewart Yetton as the only recognised established upfront players.

Be interesting to see what we're all saying this time next week after another two leagues games - particularly after Farnborough come down - highly tipped as the team to finish above.

I played for Bedford when I was younger, the leaves on the pitch were always a pain in the backside. Not for me though, I never leave the centre circle! At it's best the surface there is like a bowling green.

Seems Truro and Bedford have experienced contrasting fortunes... glad to see City doing well.