Cornwall Football Forum

new club needed

Guest bunditheboss

Guest bunditheboss

after the announcement our secretary made today i am looking for a new club so if there is any offers out there i would be more than happy to hear from you, cheers

also dont ask me what our secretary announced today as i will not tell

Guest bunditheboss

ya good shout, i hope all players find new clubs

shame for the club i think they got to big too soon!!!!

andy mead will post info on here very soon

Guest Luffy

Sorry to hear the news about Portreath it is always a shame when a club goes. Lets hope they can rise from the ashes.

To any players who are looking for another club they are welcome to come down to Ludgvan to have a look we train on Thursday at 1900. We are building a squad and are still looking to increase our depth.

If true, and we don't know that as there has been no official announcement yet, then this will cause the Combination League a problem at the end of this coming season.

At the recent AGM the clubs voted to keep their numbers to 20 for the season 2010-11 so they will have to promote at least one team from the lower leagues. One hopes that the teams in a position to be promoted pass the ground grading. It will be a real oppertunity for Pendeen, Falmouth Athletic, etc to fight for promotion.

Also this means as the draw for the Combination League cup has already been made, Newquay who were due to play Portreath in the 1st Round, should automatically have a bye into the Q-F.

Also Ludgvan who were due to play Portreath this coming Saturday, 15th, have a day off as do Perranwell on Tuesday 18th, Falmouth on the 22nd.........

Also for pulling out this late in the day, Portreath will be liable for a fine from their respective leagues.

But as I say lets wait for an official statement.

Guest bunditheboss

loyal players at the club are talking to andy mead about a possible take over of the club and carrying on, portreath is a great club and would be a shame for them to just dissapear so we are looking into keeping the club going but need to sort out finances and other things before we can go ahead, if anyone out there is interested plaease contact me asap as we need as much help as pssible if we are to pull this off