Cornwall Football Forum

Storm res 6-1 Carrack res.

Great result for Storm res v a battling Carrack res team. After going 0-1 down in the early stages storm started to dominate the game and take full control, by the last 30 mins it was one way traffic. We should of scored many more goals than the 6 we had. Given that it was a good pre season work out.

Good luck to carrack for this season.

Chacewater Res 2 Grampound Res 4 h/t 0-3

Thanks to Grampound for stepping in to fill a gap at short notice.

An excellent result for Grampound's Reserves of Duchy 4 against Mining 1 opposition.

Grampound looked lively from the kick off with Lee Budge's pace causing problems for the home backline and he was denied by an excellent point blank save in the opening minutes. After 15 minutes Grampound took the lead after Dai Moseley was upended in the box and Tim Topham converted the spotkick expertly. On 20 minutes it was 2-0 after Budge ghosted past his marker and squared for Jules Woodman to stab home from 6 yards. The home side had their moments also with Mike Berry and Alastair Woodman making several excellent blocks to deny the lively forwards. Chacewater also struck the foot of the post with a long range effort and Strickland made a superb save low to his right. With 40 minutes gone Alastair Woodman's free kick from the halfway line was flicked on by Mike Bawden and following a deflection the loose ball fell to Ryan Orchard who smashed home the third.

Chacewater came out on the front foot after the break and were given a lifeline after Berry was ratherly harshly adjudged to have upended a forward, the spot kick was converted and it could have been 3-2 moments later with a free-kick that went inches past the post. Grampound seemed to weather the storm and although Chacewater had the majority of the possesion they failed to create a clear cut chance against a well organised Grampound backline. In the 87th minute Orchard made it 4-1 after he latched onto Andy James long ball and cooly finished past the keeper. Chacewater in injury time reduced the deficit to 4-2 after a throughball was latched onto with the forward sidefooting home.

Another good preseason workout; I'd like to wish Chacewater good luck for the season and thanks for the game. :D

Another result:

St Newlyn East 5 Grampound 4

Sorry don't know the scorers as I was playing/managing our reserves :P

Great result for Storm res v a battling Carrack res team. After going 0-1 down in the early stages storm started to dominate the game and take full control, by the last 30 mins it was one way traffic. We should of scored many more goals than the 6 we had. Given that it was a good pre season work out.

Well done to the boys last night! Made a few changes, and introduced a couple of new players to the team. Everyone settled in well despite an early setback, and once we equalised we went on to play some great football in spells. We kept the ball on the deck as much as possible and played at a very high tempo for much of the game, scoring some quality goals. With a few more players yet to come in competition for places in this side is going to be fierce, which will hopefully force us to improve further.

I don't want to get carried away though because there were also some moments of madness which the boys need to get out of their system, but that is what pre-season is for!

I thought Carharrack, who were missing a few players, played the game very competitively and tried to keep the ball on the floor. I wish them good luck in FHL3 this coming season and I am confident that they will improve on last season. A big thank you to Richard Chown for stepping in as ref at the last minute. Very good performance Rich! :clapper:

Is Ricky Smith going to be a regular for Storm Res?

No Richard 1st team player Ricky is going to be a great addition to the first team, match fitness and always keen to play footie.

thanks for reffing mate and good luck and congrats for tomorrow mate.

Well done to the reserves great result.

I would also like to thank storm for being very welcomin and hosting the friendly last night. First half was a very tight half with both teams havin a few oppurtunities to sqeeze in a few more goals but after taking an early lead which was then cancelled out storm pipped one in before half time with the ref over ruling his lino from 30 ft away lmao!! yeh my brother!!

2nd half carharrack were bit slow out blocks and storm took advantage but was one way traffic for last 30 mins and storm picked a few other goals in

But i would also like to thank richard for covering the game at very last nyt so we could all play.. and i wish storm all the best with there season and every success... we even went back for sum chips and beer after the game where every1 was welcoming even riki eating are chips..

MANY THANKS

JAMIE CHOWN CARHARRACK RES MANAGER. :drink::drink::drink: :thumbsup: