Cornwall Football Forum

Friendly Result

He's not certain yet Steve, but we'd very much like him to play for us, a proven goalscorer - we haven't had many of those over the last couple of seasons... :P

I'm not sure about that side of things, John but I'm sure the committee have it sorted. Out of interest, don't they just remain signed on for Peninsula football and not combo? Should a 7 days still go in?

Joe, I stood there and watched him sign the paperwork. You've made the mistake of listening to that grapevine again...

He's not certain yet Steve, but we'd very much like him to play for us, a proven goalscorer - we haven't had many of those over the last couple of seasons... :P

I'm not sure about that side of things, John but I'm sure the committee have it sorted. Out of interest, don't they just remain signed on for Peninsula football and not combo? Should a 7 days still go in?

Joe, I stood there and watched him sign the paperwork. You've made the mistake of listening to that grapevine again...

:SM_carton_y: sorry cod but its you thats made a mistake. you have'nt notified Hayle. looking forward to you'r seven day approach. good luck in the new campaign. you should do well with those two good signings. :rolleyes:

No mistake on my part Joe, I said I saw him sign. I indeed have not notified Hayle, I'm a player, not an administrator.

And you can roll your eyes all you like, but I do believe that they are two good signings (notifications permitting of course! :glare: ) who will improve us. We finished 5th last year, adding these players will hopefully let us improve on that. I hope Hayle can improve on their position last year, 16th was it? Still, your youth players coming through should see you come good, you must be delighted they're getting promoted to the first team. How many are playing first team this year? Chris Russell, Matt Laity, Tom Dann, Chris Wolstencroft.. all nice homegrown boys?

Anyway, this isn't one of the my club's better than your club debates that you seem to be so fond of, but merely a notification of a friendly result. Pendeen 1 - 4 St Just.

I genuinely wish Hayle and all clubs well for the new season.

Just for info Neil, nearly all players who've signed for a Peninsula League side are retained from season to season, without having to sign on again each year. Combination League (& ECLP League) Clubs should be aware that this is now the case and should check with a player's previous Club to see if he can be signed without the need for seven days notice of approach and that nothing is owed to the Club.

A "Retained List" is now the norm in football at Step7 and above and the necessary official approach at least gives Clubs the chance to speak to their registered players who may be thinking about moving on between seasons. Players are still "free agents" during June and can seek a release from their registration but would need to contact the Club still holding their registration.

There is also a mis-conception that there is no need for a 7 day approach for a player from a different League: this is not the case and the F.A. Rules apply to the movement/transfer of any player from any Club.

I believe everyone at Hayle would wish Adam ( and Rocket) the best of luck at St Just.

As we all know, there are a pool of players who rotate around the clubs at the start, and during, each season. Palmer has not been one of these and has served Hayle very well for a number of years at all levels.

Sometimes a change is as good as a rest!

St Just get a raw deal on here at times.

As the adverts for the NT in Oz used to say- If you never, never go, you'll never, never know.

No mistake on my part Joe, I said I saw him sign. I indeed have not notified Hayle, I'm a player, not an administrator.

And you can roll your eyes all you like, but I do believe that they are two good signings (notifications permitting of course! :glare: ) who will improve us. We finished 5th last year, adding these players will hopefully let us improve on that. I hope Hayle can improve on their position last year, 16th was it? Still, your youth players coming through should see you come good, you must be delighted they're getting promoted to the first team. How many are playing first team this year? Chris Russell, Matt Laity, Tom Dann, Chris Wolstencroft.. all nice homegrown boys?

Anyway, this isn't one of the my club's better than your club debates that you seem to be so fond of, but merely a notification of a friendly result. Pendeen 1 - 4 St Just.

I genuinely wish Hayle and all clubs well for the new season.

sorry if you've taken the rolled eyes out of context neil, they were for not notifying us. which as been rectified this evening by your manager steve . im a good friend of adam and gary, and i wish them every success. i agree with you about them being good players and they will be a great asset to any side. as for our youth getting into the first team , we are in no hurry for that. we have 4 teams at hayle so we wont be throwing them in the deep end straight away. that would do nothing for their confidence. progress will be gradual not rushed. i sincerely hope you have a good season. you've always been a good side, so with adam and gary you should be up there competeing with the best of them. ours his a long term plan, so midtable for us this year would satisfy me. good luck and god bless :D

Well done, everybody !

Cheers, Toothsmith, we wuz frequently robbed !

I'm proud of number 7 and number 10, both graduates summa com laude of the Rod Beer Academy of Diplomacy, Decency, Linesmanship and Making Friends in Football.

The new Head of Sixth Form of Tresham College, Kettering and Oakham wishes all Combo teams a splendid new season, especially the ones in green and black.

Great win over North ! Combo League ..... I don't think so. Any Falmouth and Helston Div 1 clubs requiring a late-season cash injection and not wearing yellow, PM me. :D

well done to neil and the rest of st just, i think a successfull season looms for you! pendeen has made their intentions clear for next season in wanting to gain senior status once again. how nice it would be to have the good pendeen- st just derbys back again and i wonder why there are so many apposed to pendeen joining the combination league again? anyway thanks to steve curnow and all at st just we very much enjoy playing you (even if it is in friendlys- for now!!!)

best of luck from all at pendeen in the coming season

No offence intended, Crystal, and the best of luck to you for the season. I was merely pointing out in my jocular way that one of the main reasons no Penwith club has won the Combo for a quarter of a century is that there used to be too many in the peninsula in relation to its population and, as a result, not enough quality players to go round. I'm not sure if there was ever a season when both Pendeen and St Just were in the top section of the league...a population of 4000 cannot support two Combo clubs. As a good Chelsea fan, I'd hate to revert to a situation in which it's necessary to wave the wonga !