Cornwall Football Forum

INFO WANTED

Guest Postie Pidge

I will definitely be there - not sure if I shall wear my 1999/2000 replica shirt, black/amber curly wig and FTFC scarf or just plain clothes

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Good thinking Judge! What about neutrals - like yourself? Haha

Blimey, I wouldn't know who to cheer for (if I was silly enough to attend) but do know who would get some stick :D

Admission

Adults £5

Senior Citizens/Concessions £4

Under 16's £3

Early special - arrive before 18:30 £1 off

I think the admission charges may have been thought up by those INEXPERIENCED FOOTBALL PEOPLE now running non playing matters at Truro City, charges like this will drive people away.

A pre season friendly of this nature surely warrants no more than

Adults £4

Senior Citizens/Concessions £2

Under 16's £1

Under 12's FREE

After decades supporting football clubs at various levels, I think I have earned my concession, I stopped following Wycombe Wanderers because they insist on a measly £2 reduction for OAPs, if Truro City go down the same road they WILL drive people away.

How Truro City think going down this "screw the supporter" road will work beats me, NO OTHER Southern League club has attacked their ageing or juvenile supporters in this way.

With this approach gates would fall, people would 'Cherry Pick' what games they may or may not attend.

I am pleased that being an away supporter, the clubs being visited will not be extorting extra pounds from me, the recession has hit ALL of us, my pension fund recently advised me they have a £10,000,000 shortfall.

Maybe Mr Heaney should have a QUIET word with the new boys to get there act together.

Having been to 3 PSF so far, Newquay did not charge v St Day and both Bodmin and Liskeard SWPL Prem went round with a collection box rather than charge on the gate.

Personally for TCFC 1sts then a fiver is probably ok compared to a league match but perhaps £4 would be fairer to FTFC fans and £2 kids/oaps. Not going to knock anyone here as the new firm running the show may still go down the NO WIN NO FEE policy !

Having been to 3 PSF so far, Newquay did not charge v St Day and both Bodmin and Liskeard SWPL Prem went round with a collection box rather than charge on the gate.

Personally for TCFC 1sts then a fiver is probably ok compared to a league match but perhaps £4 would be fairer to FTFC fans and £2 kids/oaps. Not going to knock anyone here as the new firm running the show may still go down the NO WIN NO FEE policy !

Blimey JUDGE, have you been muffled?

Has it become dangerous to criticise?

Not so, just stating how I feel on this one. Still think it will end in tears but will have a box of kleenex waiting for you !

Not so, just stating how I feel on this one. Still think it will end in tears but will have a box of kleenex waiting for you !

JUDGE -

Einstein in reply to one of my postings on a Tigertalk thread made the comment

"At your age don't buy ripe bananas".

I should add that Truro supporters are enjoying the clubs success and are not disillusioned,

I have yet to meet one who doesn't EXPECT a lessening of the clubs fortunes at some time

in the future, what many say is they are enjoying the journey and the memories that will

forever remain with them. Feel happy for them JUDGE, who knows in years to come a team

called AFC Truro could be helping fill the attendance coffers at Mount Wise during a bleak

SW Peninsula league campaign.

So in a roundabout way, Truro fans have finally seen the relality of the situation, that the MAN was not The Saviour you all thought he was.

For those who were at Truro City AFC, I have always said that they should enjoy the ride, they were there before the MAN, during and will be after he has gone. You will have you wonderful memories of Promotion, titles and Wembley but trust me when I say, the glory hunters will fade away. A new AFC Truro City will be welcomed at Mount Wise as will the original fans as we appreciate loyalty above all else.

The only thing I will say about the MAN, was his overheard comment at H/T in the SWPL match, he was heard to have said "I hope that the other lot win so their fans come back into the bar after the match" Didn't happen I'm afraid, our title dreams were dashed and the Newquay Loyal headed home. I'm not sure that I would wish any Newquay side would lose just for a few more quid behind the bar !

One request, when you do have to reform, please wear the old red/black, AC Milan style would be good !

the glory hunters will fade away

Isn't this the case at almost every clubs. And it applies to all - supporters, players and club officials!

:(

Couldn't agree more Dave.Over the years I have seen the support drop with most clubs that have a rough patch,St Blazey,St Austell,Falmouth Town, to name just a few.And if The Judge thinks it wouldn't happen with the Newquay loyal supporters if the club hit a bad patch,then he must have his head in the clouds,or somewhere else perhaps.GET REAL IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY OF US.

the glory hunters will fade away

Isn't this the case at almost every clubs. And it applies to all - supporters, players and club officials!

:(

Couldn't agree more Dave.Over the years I have seen the support drop with most clubs that have a rough patch,St Blazey,St Austell,Falmouth Town, to name just a few.And if The Judge thinks it wouldn't happen with the Newquay loyal supporters if the club hit a bad patch,then he must have his head in the clouds,or somewhere else perhaps.GET REAL IT CAN HAPPEN TO ANY OF US.

Bad patch, where on earth do you think we have been for the last 2 decades, polishing silver for fun ? WE ARE NEWQUAY LOYAL, applying for re-election was our low point but our crowds stayed roughly the same all season and have not fluctuated much for 11 years. OK the local derby match was a one off last season but our average would still have been around 120 and no one in Div 1 W had the away support we have (or the old SWL come to that over the last 10 years).

Truro have gone from less than 50 to 500 and it will go back again, who's bothered ? certainly not me, our crowds can only go up !

Going on about prices,it seems the Farnborough fans are up in arms after annoucing their prices.

Ticket for the game and parking will cost £13.00 for this season.

:c::c::c::c:

somersetspur - It wasn't a Farnborough fan complaining, I think the thread was opened by a Nuneaton supporter who failed to mention the match programme.

Admission is £10 for Adult - £7 for concessions -

£3 for 12-16 year olds - £1 for under 12 year olds

Car Parking is £3.00 WHICH INCLUDES a glossy Match-day Programme (price £2.50 if bought separately).

I think Farnborough are preparing for the future, they remember their Conference roots and are engaging into commercial activity expected at a higher level of football.

ANY CLUBS UNHAPPY CAN UNDER FA RULES CHARGE FARNBOROUGH SUPPORTERS THE SAME AS THEY CHARGE WHEN THEY PLAY AT THEIR GROUND because Farnborough reserve the right to do the same, price-wise and on the pitch, Farnborough will not be the friendly rivals.

Some clubs could price themselves out of business.

GO GET EM CITY.

It may be worth remembering Farnborough Town FC are in the 'stock-broker' belt, they have always been well supported and an extra quid or two won't make a lot of difference around that way.

Stock Brokers don't watch non-league footy, they have boxes at Prem grounds.