Cornwall Football Forum

Vets AGM last Monday at St Agnes

Guest Olly

6 Teams turned up for a vets AGM at St Agnes last Monday at 7.30pm

Unfortunatly the shambles continues

Doug Atkins did not show and with no officers the meeting had to be abandoned at 8.30pm

I was told that several new teams wanted to join at the league in the new season

Liskead arrived last monday to join, has did Newquay.

We decided to hold another meeting on Monday August 11th again at St Agnes at 7.30

We are looking for at least one representative from each club that wish to join the Veterans league.

I do not have lists or phone numbers of clubs to contact so hopefully anyone reading this who are interested can get in touch.

My e mail address is alan@hlis.co.uk

We do have someone willing to take on the secretary role, we do need sponsorship, we do need clubs.

Regards Alan Oliver

The interest is there alright, it just needs bringing together. The mis management as gone on to long, everybody is fed up with it, but this is the chance to do something about it.

Put nothing in, you'll get nothing out.

If you want to play its there for you, come to the meeting on Monday 10th Aug at St Agnes.

The last two comments I take onboard lads, but ask this, are you willing to do anything for the future of Veterans Football?

Regards

Alan Oliver

This is going to take some sorting out, I have e mailed back to Storm and on Aug 10th the meeting should sort everything out...

We still need the rest of the teams

Regards

Alan Oliver

In reply to the question of helping, I have left a very good veterans team to become involved in the running of another, both of whicih were represented at the meeting. Being a player can be an easy ride for most but as most people know, managing and running a team is a big enough contribution to a league so I feel that I personaly am making a contribution. Maybe Dave has a point and there really isn`t enough interest but it would be a real shame if these problems cant be sorted out.

I have to apologise for not being physically able to follow up contact I had with people months ago regarding the forming, administration etc of the Vets League. Been far too busy!!!

But, the interest shown then was very reassuring so where is it now its needed? Nobody is more committed and passionate about the long term future of the Vets League than Alan Oliver and he is trying his damn best to ensure its existance continues, so I urge people to step forward before it is too late.

Please contact either Al or myself on here by PM or Email.

Cheers

Phil Lafferty.

• 2 weeks later...

As I understand it, a brand new league comprising of approx 10 teams and a a new structure of "straight" and honest officers/administrators at the helm is in the process of being finalised. The delay of an announcement to confirm this, I believe, is due to Doug Atkins who has all the veterans league paperwork, having dissapeared off the face of planet earth. This confirms that there is actually a God!!

Guest Taylor01

What a joke. If it were an animal it would have been put down.

What happens to the teams that a) dont show for meetings and B) cant be bothered to put a team together to fulfill a fixture on a sunday??

Answer !?*& all.

Comments please.

x x x x

I have just requested a announcement in the Voice,