Cornwall Football Forum

Troon FC (JCCL) v Nanpean (ECPL)

Guest got it all

are troon going to play anyone half decent or are they going to keep playing half wits and making them selfs feel good :P

Who does it matter who they play, providing they get a good run out. Sometimes the feel-good factor of winning, whoever it is against, is more beneficial than playing sides much better, who don't even allow you to touch the ball!

Steve Massey touches on the subject of pre-season friendlies in his latest Massey's Mutterings. What do you think?

Pre Season Games? Far too many played!

I can't understand why the most distinguished builders in Camborne should be critical of each other. I understand Matt taught Cads everything he knows about roof and bathroom tiles, especially the upside-down variety. I understand Cads taught Matt everything he knows about midfield generalry, apart from what he found out at St Just under the tutelage of Johnny Mac. (That's "generalry", not "generally"). I understand that Dave Fisher is the man to call when both Camborne builders have made an arse of a building that only urgent action will save from demolition......

I fear this may be as true of Kerrier football clubs as it is of buildings this season. Anyway, the Combo League will be won by a side from Penwith.

What's Palmer doing at Troon ? Thought he was going to St Just.....never mind ! With me moving to take over Thrupp and Brimscombe FC in the Gloucestershire County League, Steve will be free to bring the league trophy to Lafrowda for the first time since 1963 ! If so, I shall land on the pitch in a helicopter to receive it from John Roberts in person, dressed as the Fat Lady who always concluded the Morecambe and Wise Show. :D :c:

I can't understand why the most distinguished builders in Camborne should be critical of each other. I understand Matt taught Cads everything he knows about roof and bathroom tiles, especially the upside-down variety. I understand Cads taught Matt everything he knows about midfield generalry, apart from what he found out at St Just under the tutelage of Johnny Mac. (That's "generalry", not "generally"). I understand that Dave Fisher is the man to call when both Camborne builders have made an arse of a building that only urgent action will save from demolition......

I fear this may be as true of Kerrier football clubs as it is of buildings this season. Anyway, the Combo League will be won by a side from Penwith.

What's Palmer doing at Troon ? Thought he was going to St Just.....never mind ! With me moving to take over Thrupp and Brimscombe FC in the Gloucestershire County League, Steve will be free to bring the league trophy to Lafrowda for the first time since 1963 ! If so, I shall land on the pitch in a helicopter to receive it from John Roberts in person, dressed as the Fat Lady who always concluded the Morecambe and Wise Show. :D:c:

Rodney do you really believe that a side west of Camborne will be in the running for the title??

It is going to be the closest that we have seen for a few years i think!!

And good luck in your new job !! do the students know what they are getting? :c:

Thank you, Kempy...yes, it could be the most interesting title chase in years ! Sides with good consistent management and players who get to know each other can pip the mercenaries, as Mousehole and Goonhavern showed not too long ago.

Penwith ?.....not since Marazion, and look what happened to them ! Got to happen one day !

:D