Cornwall Football Forum

PENRYN 3RDS 4 - 2 LUDGVAN COMB

Guest Luffy

Thanks to Penryn for the run out. Due to it being the first game of the season and with cricket and other commitments Ludgvan turned out with the bare 11 and a make shift keeper.

The side looked a little dysfunctional in the first half with players getting to know each other, although we did have several chances which we did not take, with Penryn taking theirs well.

After swapping round ( and having to borrow a one of the homesides players due to an injury to one of ours) the side came out and played a lot better with some excellent play seeing the side score twice to Penryns one.

I have to say both teams played some excellent football at times with the ball being played on the deck, which was good to see. Penryn have some really good players and play the game the right way, I would say they have a good chance of doing something in their league this year.

As for Ludgvan it was a good workout and a chance to start working together on the pitch you can train as much as you want but in the end there is no substitute for playing matches. I expect to see the usual doom and gloom merchants saying look they lost to a 3rd team, shows they wont do anything this year. I have no problems with people's opinion, the team’s track record over the past couple of years is not good, however, the team was missing several players especially the keeper, which would have made a huge difference yesterday.

I would just like to say good luck to Penryn and to my lads keep working it is going in the right direction and over the next three weeks some hard work will eventually pay off.

Guest Luffy

Due to it being the first game of the season and with cricket and other commitments

Would it not have been better to have stayed away from a Saturday?

Bit of a double edged sword their Dave. In one way it would, however, I have other players who may struggle a little at the moment for midweek games. Pre season can always be a little problematic for players due to commitments through the summer, however, once the season starts the majority of players will be available.

Also midweek is not good for me a the moment due to the fact I work a rolling shift, just happens that my nights have dropped into midweek.

Guest Luffy

Well done, Luffy ! How often did Ludge score twice last season ? That's progress. People should be grateful ! :D

It's a start and I hope to progess even further lets hope we can hit doubles in the league with a clean sheet at the other end, then that will be real progress. :clapper: