Cornwall Football Forum

I have updated to the website with thwe fixtures for each club.

Click on the link below then on the link for your team.

http://www.comboleaguearchive.110mb.com/20...m%20records.htm

3 fixtures are missing at present, two because the fixture secretary had St Just playing two teams at the same time!

Looking at the fixtures I thought the perfect season is if you play H,A,H,A,H,A, (Home, Away, Home, Away and so on). checking on the fixtures I added up each teams longest H-A sequence and this is what came out

St Just-22

Helston-19

Portreath-17

Perranwell-14

Mullion-13

Ludgvan-11

St Day-11

Falmouth-10

Penzance-9

Culdrose-9

Newquay-8

St Agnes-8

Troon-8

Holman-7

Hayle-6

Porthleven-6

Wendron-6

Illogan-5

Penryn-5

St Ives-5

One of the top 2 teams isn't a surprise as a lot of people have commented on the fact year after year they seem to have an easy ride, but the other team's main supporter can't moan at all this season.

For Reserve teams they never get long sequences due to the demands on their pitches by their 1st teams. St Ives are having new changing rooms built mid-winter so are playing 13 away games in a row.

CTB

John Roberts may have heard I'm moving to Stroud, Glos, at least for a while,......so maybe that will diminish any anti-St Just sentiment.

What this sequence suggests is that he had STARTED by fixturing Helston and St Just before anybody else, which indicates that both are picked out for special treatment, as they have been, in one way or another, for years.

The real point at which potential bias can come into play is when re-fixturing is used, particularly with prior knowledge of when reserve sides have first teams available. Helston, to my knowledge, are NEVER fixtured in such circumstances.

You're quite right that, if my only interest in this matter was in getting St Just the most faviourable fixtures possible, I would not complian at all about this aspect of them !

However, what Mr Roberts has unwittingly revealed is that he does treat tghose two clubs differently. He has over-compensated in attempting to appear not to show an anti-St Just bias.

Qui s'excuse, s'accuse !

Special Treatment, eh ? I'm surprised that the occasion when we were playing two matches at once was a mistake, actually. Just shows John thinks twice as much about St Just as anyone else.

I will certainly visit Adlestrop, Adlestrop, and send you a suitable JPeg. Perhaps the Rodney Beer Fan Club will consider it worth a pilgrimage from Newquay to view such a poetic spot. Unfortunately I have not come across Adlestrop in the League Tables yet, but I may set up a new club called Adlestrop Tinners if I can find a suitable pitch and enough new devotees.

My new local club rejoices in the name of Thrupp and Brimscombe AFC. This does not roll off the tongue quite as mellifluously as clubhouse lager.....