Cornwall Football Forum

Director of Football/Vice Chairman

Before the rumour mill goes into overdrive (again!) I believe it's just to do with restructuring at the club.

From what I gather Webby IS very much still at TCFC and I'm sure an announcement will be made shortly regarding plans for the coming season.

From the man himself:

"Dear All

As from Monday 22nd June, I will no longer be working for Truro City FC in a full time position, it’s been a remarkable 30 years being involved at this great club, and especially the last Five years watching the team grow from strength to strength gaining Four promotions and winning the FA Vase at the new Wembley stadium.

I would just like to thank you all for your support you have giving me, and I’m sure you will continue doing the same for Ian Anear who will be your main contact at Truro City Football Club.

Kind Regards

Webby

Guest watcher

After thirty years at the club you'd think he'd give more than one working day's notice wouldn't you? The loyalty's really gone out of football these days. The Chairman must be gutted, too depressed to make a statement I shouldn't wonder, and him being such a good employer as well.

Guest watcher

Mmmmm, there seems to be rather more to this.

The West Briton clearly thinks there are 'more details to come', and a number of commentators are hoping that truth will out.

The Chairman is uncharacteristically quiet too. :blink:

Either trouble's brewing, or it's already stewed.

How about the new Truro City Commercial Manager ??

What does that mean Mike - are you asking who it is, or suggesting they ought to get one? <_<

After thirty years at the club you'd think he'd give more than one working day's notice wouldn't you?

And who's to say he only had one working day?

If what I'm led to believe is true, the confusion is down to a badly worded statement.

Apparently Chris will be working for a seperate company set up to manage the club's commercial and marketing activities.

The first bit of PR hasn't worked out too well though! :wacko:

Hopefully a statement from this company (Tiger Commercial?) will be forthcoming.

With Truro City being near the top tiers of the football pyramid it has to be run along business lines, survival demands tough decisions, it is during the close season those decisions come to the fore usually resulting in reorganisation that at times do not meet everyone's expectations.

I admit I was SHOCKED when reading about Chris, he has given a lot to Truro City FC and earned his place in the clubs Hall of Fame -

When the full structure of the Football Club is revealed for next season and the team kick a ball in anger, then we will be in a position to judge but until then real supporters will continue to back the football team and pass judgement based on results achieved at the higher footballing level.

Truro City have arrived at the gates of the promised land, Chris Webb was part of achieving that and WE WILL REMEMBER HIM.

In the meantime the City KNOCKERS will have a field day - so be it.

Almost every club in Britain are counting their pennies and reorganising their structure many as a cost cutting exercise, it would be nice to think Truro City are ahead of the game with an eye on season 2010/2011.

Thanks for everything Chris, I hope to see you on my travels to say thank you personally.

Phew: What a bombshell.

Is there any truth to the RUMOUR that the posts of Director of Football/Vice Chairman no longer exist at Truro City AFC.

Bloody hell Mr T.....a factual post without winding anybody up!!!!! :P

Now now Prof when have you ever known me to be wrong. :P :P

So what are we saying CeeCee ..... a sideways move in effect for Chris. If that should be the case, why on earth wasn't that also mentioned in the statement. I agree, could have put it better! :(

Dave, if what I'm led to believe is true then this statement doesn't even tell half the story. In fact it gives completely the wrong impression. Apparently plans are all in place for next season with Chris being a big part of them.

It sounds like Chris just won't be working directly for KH which must releive some stress! ;)

You'd think that with a company set up to handle marketing & PR, amongst other things, this kind of gaffe would be avoided - D'oh!

...unless there have been further developments since earlier this week...

Well I've just listened to BBC Radio Cornwall's mention of it and they are saying that Chris Webb has been in touch with the station to say he is finishing completely with the club. That gave the impression he has gone - end of story!

The new Commercial concern is a Follett Stock offshoot.

So there WERE further developments!

Just heard Chris Lingard on Radio Cornwall explaining the situation - 24 hours earlier would have been helpful to avoid the rumours.

So Chris has left altogether (I'm sure he will enjoy being a fan on matchdays now) and FS Media Solutions Ltd will be running the commercial side of things.

Working 7 days a week for 5 years for KH may have sent most people over the edge - Chris has thoroughly earned this break!

Guest watcher

It's clear that Heaney has sold out to Follett Stock as a means of settling his legal bills, and so that they'll continue to act for him. :smiley20:

How many other solicitors do you know who have a side-line in promoting car-parking, entertainments and car-washes? :yahoo:

On the one hand this will have been a step too far for Webby, and on the other, Follet Stock - alias FS Media Solutions - have got plenty of their own members of staff. :angry2:

When you take the rose-tinted specs off, this doesn't paint a pretty picture. There wasn't even a statement from Heaney thanking Chris for his longstanding contribution to the Club. He was dispensable, he's gone. :(

Kevin promised never to abandon the Club, and there were those who bought the spin. Some still do, but hang on in there, the bfb (band of the faithful blind) is now small, and diminishing. :SM_carton:

And in the meantime we can all sit back and watch the new breed of entertainer on the pitch. :clapper: