Cornwall Football Forum

Have heard that the successful management of David Bush and Darren "Chopper" Martin has come to an end. Chopper has gone up to assist Jarvo with the 3rd team and David has resigned.

After having such a successful first season in management with a promotion and a cup, this has come as a shock and i have heard the people of penryn are lost for words.

if this is false informtion i will apologise straight away, however if it is true, who is going to take the reigns now????

:smiley20:

Yes the news is true they have stepped down. If the majority of the players stay they can still have a succesfull season. Chopper and Bushy both did a fantastic job last season, but when they took over the team was already on a 12 match unbeaten run including draws at Mullion and Wendron. The team picked up after an average start after the signings of Timmy Senior and Quaid and both of these players made a difference to an already strong squad.

If the squad stay together who ever takes over will have a good yound side.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest magician

it has been confirmed that nick young will be the new manager of penryn 4ths and although being gutted to have chopper and bushy step down im still pumped and looking forward to our season in division 2

yes cant wait for us to play in divison 2 i think we will do very well in there. Thanks to Gashead for saying my name lol the team was doing very well before i came back to penryn and well done on a brilliant season and look forward to a nice challenge ahead come on lads :D

Guest Young Legend

Bottom Half Finish Would Be Good 4 First Season If It Was Chopper And Bushy Maybe Top 3 Finish But Good Luck Nick Who You Bringing In