Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dermot

`RESPECT` The Ref.

Guest Dermot

Ha haa! Well said oldasitgets. ;0)

It seems that yet another thread set up to give out a bit of information has turned into another tool to have a go at the Refs,too old,too young,too clever and most importantly not up to Mark Cs standard?

Yet another excuse to try and put a dent in the young Referees confidence.

Please let us know who you play for `Mark C` and `PAFC 4 the prem` so that the appointed Ref you get for your games can really try harder to earn your `RESPECT` eh?

And also that Mr Steed and Mr Wallace can assure that you dont get an `old foggie`or `under average Ref`or `young Ref who thinks he knows it all`this weekend.God knows we wouldnt want to upset you on a Saturday afternoon now would we eh fellas? ;0/ :c:

It goes without saying that just as their are good players and bad players, their are also good refs and bad refs.

The good refs are firm and fair and generaly pull their cards out when they are warrented, ie dangerous play, persistant foul play (twice should be enough in some cases) violant conduct and infringements in the penalty area which may deny goalscoring oppertunites.

The poor refs are the weak ones who are pulling cards out for the most trivial of offences and quite often spoil the match by dampening its competitive edge. These are usualy the same refs who pull cards out for such trivial matters as "appealing for a decision". Thankfuly these refs are very much in the minority which is just as well because they usualy spoil the match and cost both teams a lot of much needed club funds.

I wonder what these refs would have done following the Maradona hand of god goal. I would imagine England would have had to play the remainder of the match without goalkeeper and possibly half a dozen outfield players.

I think that the respect the referee initiative is a good idea. Although it would be useful for refs to remember that in life "respect is earned and not demanded", it is no different on a football pitch.

PS Hope the above doesn't make me next in line for the wrath of Derm :SM_carton_y: :SM_carton_y:

Guest Dermot

No problems with your post Derek,it was honest and to the point.

I agree with you,some good and some not so good,but we have that in all walks of life.

As a Ref all i want to do is let the 2 teams get on with the match with the minimum of fuss,best Refs are the ones you cant remember. ;0) :smiley20:

to reiterate on stigs comment ,just accept the ref desision,

we played st ives marriners on sat we won 5-0

i heard one of there player actually blame are ref who uses this site btw

if you ask me sam had a class game let play flow wasnt stupid with cards warned there players to stop abusing him and his desisions,over ruled there joke of a linesman who has no idea what inative means and denied us many chances in the game

sam is only 17-18 and since the beggining of the season has improved alot even getting good reports in the paper,refs like sam should be able to report clubs like st ives who were having ago from the off

its become a joke

sorry to be so moody :SM_carton: :c:

Guest pafc 4 the prem

stig:

i think refs on the whole do a fantastic job, sometimes we players make it very hard for them, im just saying that i dont feel there is good enough communication between players and refs.

also i dont believe that rooney or any pro is to blame, it is obviously the individual who has to look at himself but if you saw rooney get sent off 3 weeks in a row for gobbing off i think you would see local refs take a harsher stance on it as well, if i swore at a ref i would expect a red card

As a manager of a team in the SWPL Div 1 W I tell my players before every game not to have any dicussion with the ref, as they must get their shape and prepare to defend whatever is coming next. I also insist on them not jumping up when they are fouled to confront the offending player. I think we have had very few bookings for dissent and our red cards this season have been for fouls (Don't get me started on that!).

However, as the manager I have not always been able to contain my frustration at some things I've seen and have had to incur the wrath of the FA and have no problem with that.

However, I do feel like sometimes we need to be a bit more ruthless, some teams constantly shout at the refs without recrimination and tight decisions have gone their way.

I would welcome anything which prevents referee's from appearing as if they have crumbled from the weight of pressure applied to them from some players who think they can run the game by shouting the loudest.

I will add though that not once has this contributed to us losing a game and I can only point to one decision made that has potentially affected the outcome of a game.

I would love to see more ref's in good shape running the diagonals and giving themselves the best opportunity to make the best informed decisions they can, give a bit of banter where needed, and treat everyone with the same respect they would expect back (same for players and managers of course!).

I am also dismayed by the fact that we played in Plymouth a couple of weeks ago and all their local games were off due to the weather and we still could not get more than one official at our game, that for me is making a mockery of playing in this league.

So many people put in so much time, effort and money to improve facilities, get qualifications and generally raise the standards of the game in some way and yet we have this dismal situation where there are not enough refs.

Whatever encourages more people to get invovled in officiating is great by me!!!