Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League - Tuesday March 27 2018

26 minutes ago, addick1 said:

At least Penzance got their Good Friday game on. Looking at the pics on Facebook, the pitch looked in fantastic shape considering it was waterlogged for the reserve game on Tuesday.

It may have looked good but wad still soft and very slippery in places. Believe it took some forking in the morning to get rid of standing water too!

4 minutes ago, bighairydave said:

It may have looked good but wad still soft and very slippery in places. Believe it took some forking in the morning to get rid of standing water too!

Can imagine it took a huge effort after all that sunshine during the week. Well done to all involved.

Just now, bighairydave said:

It was raining Thursday evening too. Your game wasn’t the only one called off either was it?

Our game was Tuesday :thumbsup: 

Our game was called off because they wanted the pitch for Friday's game. We should get the points and Pz fined but that won't happen, will it? Yes, I am BITTER. <_<

23 minutes ago, addick1 said:

Our game was Tuesday :thumbsup: 

Our game was called off because they wanted the pitch for Friday's game. We should get the points and Pz fined but that won't happen, will it? Yes, I am BITTER. <_<

I know it was Tuesday. What I'm saying is that the weather wasn't great after the weekend and got drier as the week went on, with the shower on Thursday evening not helping.

Don't forget the offer to switch the game to madron was turned down too as that pitch was cut and ready for Saturday?

Also told astro turf wasn't available but no one was on it all night. 

I'm not bitter either but it is pretty obvious the game was called off cos of lack of players AND saving the pitch for good Friday