Cornwall Football Forum

Truro City 1 - 1 Ebbsfleet United (Saturday 8th April)

It was a decent game today and Truro were solid in most areas of the pitch. They quite easily matched Ebbsfleet today. And to be honest, apart from the last 15 minutes or so, Ebbsfleet were shoddy for a team who are supposed to be at the top of the table. Cracking free kick from Ben Adelsbury, which the goalkeeper Nathan Ashmore had no chance of stopping. Truro never really looked like conceding from then until Ebbsfleet equalised. They then put Truro under a little pressure in the remaining few minutes, with Tom McHale pulling off some outstanding saves. But yes, a solid Truro today. They just needed another option going forward.

On 08/04/2017 at 21:50, Dave Deacon said:

Basically Lee Hodges didn't like the fact Aaran Pugh went to a best mate's wedding.

.....and didn't tell him until Friday after being involved in two training sessions dedicated to tactics against Ebbsfleet.

I imagine there's more to come.

7 hours ago, Tom Trust said:

.....and didn't tell him until Friday after being involved in two training sessions dedicated to tactics against Ebbsfleet.

I imagine there's more to come.

Yea,Yea,Yea. I knew it would be Pughie's fault.

poor management.End of.

Edited by Dave Deacon
Language!

Well when I was a manager,one of the first things I would ask after games,is who was available for the next one.

For a manager to assume a player is available,is poor management,and a feeble excuse,after his pathetic outburst.

Must be a real good changing room atmosphere,if the manager cant even find out who is available.

I don't agree with Lee Hodges' outburst at all. These sort of things should be kept and dealt with in house. But at the same time Dave, he must've known for a while that he wouldn't be able to play. Even at Frogpool, as soon as I know I won't be available for a game, even if it's a month or two in advance, I let the manager know. Sometimes the player has to take a little responsibility. But to say he's not up to the fight isn't on really. And let's be honest, football isn't everything. Sometimes other matters may have to take priority for a game or two.

On 10/04/2017 at 12:33, somersetspur said:

Yea,Yea,Yea. I knew it would be Pughie's fault.

poor management.End of.

Now. I don't know the whole story here. And, I suspect not many people on here,with an opinion do either.

But man management, is about managing different men,differently. Some of us need an arm on the shoulder, and told how great we are. On the other hand, some ( like myself when I was playing ) need a kick up the arse occasionally.

Who's to say Pughie is one or the other.  Time will be the only real judge.