Cornwall Football Forum

Who cares where it ends, let's enjoy the moment.

There have been far too many posts recently speculating about when Truro's success will cease.

I know this is mainly raised by the anti-Truro brigade but still many fans are getting dragged into the debate.

All I would say is this, who cares how or when it ends, why not enjoy it now. I have read posts saying this era will be looked back on as a bad one for the club. What a ridiculous comment!

The worst case senario is that Mr. Heaney leaves the club and it goes bust - basically, the same situation we would be in now if Mr. Heaney hadn't rescued the club. If that does happen, the supporters of TCFC can say that the club gave them four years of success and they were able to watch players of an unprecidented level of talent for the county, week in week out. And that's the worst that can happen.

It would be different if Mr Heaney had come into a financially sound club, run it at a loss for 4 years and left it with huge debts. I think we should be greatful that he stepped in when he did.

No matter whether it works out or not, it has been a very succesful time in the club's history.

Well said Dan :thumbsup:

Realistically, yes the bubble will burst at some stage ... may be next season, could be three or four years away, or even longer - who knows!

But for the moment, I agree, let's just enjoy it - no one in the local football fraternity is being harmed with City being successful.

:c:

"the bubble will burst at some stage".

Not that I want it to ever burst, but it will come to an end when Kevin decides he's either done enough or had enough.

That could be down to lack of further available finance to put into what surely will only ever be a loss-making venture; he's seen them promoted so many times that the novelty or attraction has worn off; who knows, he might even move away from Truro ............could be a number of reasons really. But at some stage, unless more people get involved that really have money to spend and won't miss it - it surely has to come to an end! :(

Could I just add to this thread that an Irish property developer called Darragh MAcAnthony has just guided Peterborough to the Championship with the help of some chap called Ferguson and his own deep pockets.

Looks like there are still people in the property market with money to spend even in these housepricecrash days.

and then go back to supporting the teams you used to...

Dan this is one of the problems in Cornish football, unless you have played for a team or have family history connecting you to some below step 8 side, people in Cornwall have never had a team to support that played quality football week in week out.

Truro are the first side in Cornwall to actually have a go at bringing some decent football to the Duchy. I just wished a few other historically successful Cornish football teams showed the same ambition, any you know who I mean.

The SW Peninuslar league is not acceptable when at least a dozen Cornish rugby clubs have had a go with some success in the national rugby league structure. Rugby clubs can overcome the travel issue and funding it's about time other Cornish football clubs started to try to move up the pyramid.