Cornwall Football Forum

Where is the Duchy Premier title going?

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Guest tafc.-gaffa

With the title race tighter than a ducks ass who will be strong enough to take the title?

Give your opinions as mine are well and truly with my boys at Torpoint hitting good form at the right time, 2 games left and points on the board. Hope the people who wrote us off a couple of months ago eat their words!!!!!!

Guest edgcumbetillidie

Whilst I agree that you have hit form at the right time gaffa, it might be that early results in the season may cost you. However you are right to stick it to all the people that wrote you guys off.

There cant be any other team I can say apart from Edgcumbe can there?! Be wrong not to. OK, we have made it extremely difficult on ourselves in previous games but we have the squad and belief that we are capable of winning all of our remaining games, which we have to do on the proviso that you or St Dennis slip up elsewhere, not to mention your game against each other, which will be the most important game of the season in my eyes. That and next Saturday down at Millbrook.

All in all I am with Edgcumbe all the way but I think that Torpoint, St Dennis and St Teath, along with a few results elsewhere, have made this one of the most exciting Premier Division races in Duchy history!

Exaro ego interio!

gotta say Torpoint are in the box seat with the points on the board. The amount of games both Edgcumbe and St Dennis have had to play and still have to play may catch up with them. Still a close one to call.

A lot depends on the result of saturdays game between edgcumbe and St dennis. If Edgcumbe win they have to be favourites, if St Dennis win then Edgcumbe will probably have too much to do, and a draw would be perfect for Torpoint.

Torpoints experience has helped them at the right time with a lot of old heads, we have a lot of young lads at Edgcumbe but im still confident we have the nerve to win all our games, not doubting the quality one bit. And if we do that, the league is ours regardless what Torpoint and St Dennis do.

Its going to be a tight one this year. We've 3 games in hand on Torpoint and only 7points behind. Edgecumbe have 1 game in hand over us but are 4 points behind us. they need a win against us on Saturday. We have 5 games left,we can afford a draw against Torpoint if we beat Edgcumbe,or a draw against Edgcumbe aslong as we beat Torpoint,still having to win our games at St Teath,Gunnislake and lamerton.Then we will nick it but is going to be a difficult 5 games for us. Fitness will be the key for us having the junior cup reply tommorrow night and saltash in the semi of the knock out cup next tuesday.(why its at Pensilver i dont know.lol) but will be looking to win the remainder of our games having not lost in 17 straight. Think St Teath have slipped up to many times to take it this year, but the best of luck to them next season.Will has done a great job there. I to will have to say St Dennis for the title but know Torpoint,Edgcumbe or even St Teath are not goin to make it easy for us. poor result for Edgcumbe at home to Foxhole last week,that result opened it right up. Goodluck to Torpoint and Edgcumbe we have had great games against both sides and am looking forward to our last visit to Torpoint (they owe us 1 :D ) and possibly 2 more meetings of Edgcumbe. See you Saturday guys :smiley20: :c:

Saints can afford to draw against Torpoint and Edgumbe and still win the league if we win the remaining three games.

Not sure who brought the previous post up a few months back, but at the time i said it would go to goal difference and not going to change my mind. Edgcumbe have got to win on Saturdy. Torpoint coming good at the right time and have points in the bag has mentioned. What a brilliantly advert for the Duchy League boys and i am sure Mike and the rest of the committe are over the moon.

Please remember Alturnun, Foxhole, Looe, Gunnislake and Lamerton who have all taken points of the so called big four at some time or another this year. The League is closer then we all think.

Sorry forgot to give a answer to the question. Fancy Torpoint to pip St Dennis with Edgcumbe 3rd. St Teath champs next year. Games will catch up with Edgcumbe and St Dennis.

Torpoint 55pts

St Dennis. 52pts Junior Cup and Knockout Cup Winners (3rd time)

Edgcumbe 52pts

St Teath 45 pts

Lee Rickard Top Scorer 37 goals

just worked that out. a draw against both sides bould be enough for us if we win the other 3 games

1st. st dennis 55pts

2nd. edgcumbe 54pts

3rd. torpoint 53pts

thats how would like it to end up. but anything can happen from now, till the end of the season.

we need promotion and the only way we can do that is if we win the league. so the ccfa say.lol

just worked that out. a draw against both sides bould be enough for us if we win the other 3 games

1st. st dennis 55pts

2nd. edgcumbe 54pts

3rd. torpoint 53pts

thats how would like it to end up. but anything can happen from now, till the end of the season.

we need promotion and the only way we can do that is if we win the league. so the ccfa say.lol

Thats not quite right buddy, if we draw against both then it would be:-

1st. Edgcumbe 54pts

2nd St Dennis 53pts

3rd Torpoint 53pts

so lets not put 10 in defence against them.

Good luck to the three remaining in the title race.We will now concentrate on getting the ground and the team right for next year.Just a point to remember though if we win our remaining fixtures ,edgecumbe and st dennis draw,st dennis lose to torpoint and gunni,and edgecumbe,lose a couple more we will finish second.Oh well nothing wrong with wishfull thinking just ask all the liverpool fans,sorry Garf.

Tough league this one enjoyed the banter.Tafa gaffa,ask the grounds staff at raleigh to lift the goal by about 2 foot ,i think thats why we lost!The one against the road,looks a bit lope sided to say the least.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Big game with Edgcumbe and St. Dennis today and will be eagerly awaitng the result.

I personally would want them both to lose but as that cant happen i suppose a draw would be nice. Could even live with a St. Dennis win!!! Just as long as the old enemy drop points!!!!!

Great result for Edgcumbe over st dennis in a must win game, anything else and we would have been out of the title race. Hoping for a win on wednesday in a tricky game v lamerton. If Torpoint and St Dennis draw on saturday then Edgcumbe can even afford to lose a game now, but we certainly wont be thinking like that.

The amount of twists and turns the last 5-6 weeks has been brilliant for the neutral, gotta be the best title race for a long time.

Got to agree best title race for years, and yes there maybe some more twist and turns yet.

It will be a shame when the season is over with all the opinions and banter and not forgetting the great games that have already taken place. Hopefully the ecpl will say no to any of us so we will have to do it all again.

Good league all round,i dont think apart from the usual stuff that goes with tight games there has not been to much bother with any game The lamerton manager is a credit to football,what a gent he is and well done to them as a club.Well done to St DEnnis for winning the junior cup and to all of us for making this the most interesting competition for many years.I think torpoint may well take it now lads,a win on saturday and the points on the board will put tremendous pressure on edgecumbe,if they can come through that ,then they will be worthy champions Good luck to all three ,we look forward to entertaining the junior cup winners at our place ,we should be at full strengh and have something to prove

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Edgcumbe 2-1 Lamerton

Very poor game with not alot of football played and the little bit that was came from Lamerton who battled for everything. Graham O,neill was very lively for the hosts and caused a constant problem for the visitors defence.

Lamerton were very unlucky not to come away with a point as Edgcumbe never put away the chances they had and hung on for dear life at the end.

All in all Edgcumbe looked very ordinary and the remaining opponents they have should face them with nothing to fear.

Guest edgcumbetillidie

Its true that Edgcumbe didnt play well at all in the second half. But i thought the first half was an evenly contested game with some nice quick passing moves between both teams. I think it took our boys by suprise when Lamertons 11th player ran onto the pitch after 15 minutes. Dont think they realised they were playing against 10 men. Then soon started to pick up and scored 2 good goals. Was always going to be tight and edgy after Lamerton scored but as Dave and gunniplayer said, its a sign of a good side that we were under the cosh and still came out with a win. And a win is a win.

I dont understand how Lamerton are where they are in the Duchy premier? We have played against them for a number of seasons in various leagues and they have always given us a very good game. They like to pass the ball around and battle well. Its baffling to look at the table and see where they are?!

Anyway, another three points and a 2-2 draw for St Dennis v Torpoint on Saturday. You heard it here first!

one of the most satisfying victories of the season last night against a good lamerton side in awful windy conditions!! Edgcumbe dominated the 1st half, and created a few chances but didnt put them away. Went in at half time 1 up thanks to another great finish by o'niell who is finding form at the right time. 2nd half Edgcumbe scored early on and were cruising playing some good football, but a great move ended in a top goal by swifty with 25 mins to go made the score 2-1. Against the strong wind we did have some panic moments but held on really well and battled brilliantly together.

forget the 7-0's, its the games like this that its all about.

massive pressure on both st dennis and torpoint to win on saturday...

The game on saturday will be Torpoints chance to take the title,Edgecumbe have to visit looe and will need all three points.St Dennis have a few problems ,but they have the habbit of winning when there backs are against the wall.St Teath need to win at launceston tonight to secure at least fourth place.Thats about it lads for the season just about what was expected.One bit of official news the stand roof and the terracing at our ground is now complete,its only taken since 1997!The fencing to the pitch and the changing room extension will be done during the summer,hopefully we wont take until 200and to finish that.Good luck boys whoever wins the title will deserve it.

Not at the moment they haven't mate. You and St Dennis are very strong team wise but i think Edgcumbe have that little bit extra in their locker.

Good luck to you and the rest of teams involved in the title race.

Congrats to Neil and the boys at Torpoint yesterday beating the Saints in what all accounts was a good game. Spoke to Lee last night and he said we played well but made a mistake at the wrong time and got punished.

Dave is right a good side will always win games when not playing well so whoever wins the league would have deserved it.

Will (kitbag) said its been a fantastic season and yes we would all like to have won everything but it rarely happens. Torpoint league - Edgcumbe KO Cup and Saints Junior Cup would share it around between the top three sides, although Saints still need points to secure third from St Teath.

Well Done to all the teams for making this a memorial one. We have our dinner and dance on saturday night and will have the Junior Cup trophy on show so although we couldn't win the league and Knockout Cup it has still been a fantastic season for St Dennis.

Thank You for all the banter and good games we have been involved with and maybe we will all have to do it again next season because i heard yesterday only one Duchy team is going to be accepted into the ECPL (rumour).

a great win for torpoint on saturday and also a great season for them. they cannot do anything else now but sit and wait but we are confident we can do whats neccessary to claim the title. we all got excited at launceston when we heard it was 1-1 with 5 mins to go, but credit to Torpoint for getting the win its now to the wire.

Our game at launceston was a typical game 2 days before a cup final when the team really went through the motions and did well to come away with a good win despite a slow start. looks like both myslef and james cooke are out of the final today though with ankle ligament injuries, and possibly the rest of the season. think its ridiculous that a league game is scheduled 2 days before a cup final.

well done to torpoint saturday. was a well battled game. great surface to play on so credit to the groundsman. would of taken a draw but torpoint kept pushing for the winner they needed and managed to get it. was a great run from danny but we just failed to clear our lines. but thats football. have enjoyed this season playing in this league, any of the top 4 could of taken the title and it shows with it goin right down to the wire. cant realy see edgcumbe slipping up but makes it exciting that it will probably go down to there final game at looe.goodluck to them and for tonight in the knock out cup final. hopefully jonnie is right, torpoint title, edgcumbe knock out cup and the saints junior cup champs.lol share it around with the top 3. this season has been a great season for us and hopefully be looking to build ready for next season what ever league we end up in. :c:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Today il become Altarnans biggest fan!!!!

They are still battling for their survival in this league and are capable of an upset, ask me!!!!!

Any drop of points today by Edgcumbe puts that title in our hands, Come on Altarnan!!!!!! :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper: :drink:

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Well with Edgcumbes win at home yesterday it is all set for an exciting finish to the season with Edgcumbe needing all 3 points away to Looe next week to take the title. Nothing less than a win will do for them or the title comes to Torpoint. A hard place to go without the senior players they used last time to scrape a win.

Looe will be strong as ever with a great strike force and solid team around them, on a pitch only the home team are happy playing on.

haha. cant wait for the game on saturday, its gonna be nervy like the 1st half on saturday but im confident. when we need a result we generally turn it on, ask st dennis!!!

Think its the only way to conclude a great season, im sure all the torpoint boys will be down there with their looe scarfs on!! hopefully we'll have a fully fit squad for the final game as its gonna be a cracker.

Well with Edgcumbes win at home yesterday it is all set for an exciting finish to the season with Edgcumbe needing all 3 points away to Looe next week to take the title. Nothing less than a win will do for them or the title comes to Torpoint. A hard place to go without the senior players they used last time to scrape a win.

Looe will be strong as ever with a great strike force and solid team around them, on a pitch only the home team are happy playing on.

Who says those senior players aren't playing...

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Yes it is and as he is not signed for anyone he would be classed as a junior player if i signed him. So i suggest you check your facts before gobbing off.

They wont be playing im sure gobby i dont think they could hold their heads up as its taken a while since the last time!!!!! Wouldnt be alot to celebrate if they won!!!!!

Lets finish this fantastic premier league season finishes with a game thats talked about for the right reasons.

Yes Bigdawg you beat Saints in the league game but had help from the official and us missing four players, although like i have said many times whoever is top come 5pm saturday would be worthy champions and congratulations from all at St Dennis Fc to who ever that maybe.

I would like to see a 4 all draw so the top threee would have all won a trophy which in my opinion would be fitting.

Also if Torpoint win the league the ecpl place goes to a vote for the promotion place.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Fair one jonnie its just another dig at me by a no-one,im getting used to them hiding behind names and having a dig-losers!!!

Guest alwaysadevil

You know what, i come on these forums fairly regularly and read a lot of the banter that goes on which is generally quite funny!

I dont know who this offside is and if they dont want to be known then fair enough. But the bottom line is he or she is posting a little bit of banter about some senior players playing for a junior team, which i believe they did to help out with injuries once before! Now we arent talking ex-pros here unlike Jon sheffield!! He may well be a free agent but i think its fair to say that he would benefit you a lot more than any amount of senior ECPL players would. Yet you tafc gaffa come on here and basically slate one team in one way or another.Thats fair enough as i know they are your local rivals. But every time you post you either slate Edgcumbe, big up your own team (which is fair enough), call people that dont agree with you losers or have a dig at those that come back at you with banter. You need to accept that people will come back at you with banter which doesnt mean they are losers!! (else what does that make you)!! I guess that makes me a loser too now??

jeez lets just get back to the footie!! Good luck by the way to both Edgcumbe and torpoint for this weeks duchy premier showdown, i know torpoint aren't playing but you know what i mean!! lol

Guest tafc.-gaffa

You know what, i come on these forums fairly regularly and read a lot of the banter that goes on which is generally quite funny!

I dont know who this offside is and if they dont want to be known then fair enough. But the bottom line is he or she is posting a little bit of banter about some senior players playing for a junior team, which i believe they did to help out with injuries once before! Now we arent talking ex-pros here unlike Jon sheffield!! He may well be a free agent but i think its fair to say that he would benefit you a lot more than any amount of senior ECPL players would. Yet you tafc gaffa come on here and basically slate one team in one way or another.Thats fair enough as i know they are your local rivals. But every time you post you either slate Edgcumbe, big up your own team (which is fair enough), call people that dont agree with you losers or have a dig at those that come back at you with banter. You need to accept that people will come back at you with banter which doesnt mean they are losers!! (else what does that make you)!! I guess that makes me a loser too now??

jeez lets just get back to the footie!! Good luck by the way to both Edgcumbe and torpoint for this weeks duchy premier showdown, i know torpoint aren't playing but you know what i mean!! lol

And your point is?????

the whole point of most of these topics is the banter, thats what this website is about. everyone is entitled to their opinion and things shouldnt be taken so literally. some people bite quicker than others and then that leads to other people throwing out the bait. people know tafc gaffa will always respond so they try wind him up.

i expect him to slate us to be fair, iv spent most of this season slating them and the majority of it is all tongue in cheek, thats what its all about. At the end of the day i know he still has edgcumbe in his heart from when he played for us a couple of seasons back!!!!!! :lol:

Predictions for saturday anyone?

Guest Dane Bunney

dont think we could be millbrook reserves when we're better than them!!

i dont know where the confidence comes from ??? We may have finished bottom of the pile this season , but if we started the season with the squad we finished with , we would have been mid-table ,

Having seen your side play .... there is no way your anywhere near being better than us !!! Oh your probs better at tidying the changing rooms !!!! ill give ya that ,

good luck saturday tho !

Guest 123football

Having watched Edgcumbe many times this season i would happily say that they are to a better quality than the Millbrook first team, this just shows have far the club has declined since the Ian Stephens days. On their overall performance this season Millbrook do deserve to be relegated however I hear that this isn't happening? Why? Surely the worst team in the league should be relegated! On a brighter note for Millbrook I'm sure they'll benefit from the help of their new Under 18 team for next season, pretty sure a few of those could walk into the first team if they wanted to.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Just like to say what a great season its been in a very tough league.

As we are only 24 nervous hours away from finding out who this years champions are, i would like to take this opportunity to say well done to every team that made it such a great season.

I would also like to say what a great season Edgcumbe have had along with ourselves to show that South East Cornwall has dominated this league and shows that Torpoint and surrounding areas really do hold the best players in this league(no offence to anyone else).

Im very proud of what my team have done this year and cant speak anymore highly of them and just hope that the result goes in our favour tommorrow as they deserve it.

Regardless of the result i think whoever takes the title will thoroughly deserve it.

COME ON LOOE!!!!!!!!!!! lol x