Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results 11/04/2009

Guest Benny4

Chacewater 3 - Crown inn 1 Half time 0 - 1

Good game, we deserved the win, showed great commitment and determination to come back from behind, well done lads.

I think if newlyn are awarded the points it will go down as a 2 - 0 win. I THINK

FOURLANES-0 THREEMILESTONE 4 (HT 0-0)

Threemilestone produced a very good performance with a makeshift side to claim the points with the team all battling very hard throughout after an even 1st half with most chances created by tms, 2nd half we started slower than fourlanes but we soon got it going and produced 4 goals in 20 min patch which knocked the stuffing out of fourlanes who to be fair never gave up! Goals were scored by J. Sims (2) and the immense Deano Peters (2), would just like to say though that Sims's first was a spectacle in itself as he hit an absolute beauty from fully 25yds which the keeper had no chance with.

Well played boys and fair play to fourlanes who never gave up, lets finish the season strongly and put the last few weeks behind us! :D:D :D

Madron 1 Titans 3

Another needed 3 points, We were 1 down at half time didnt play well in the 1st half + didnt make any real chances, 2nd half much better scored an early goal from wayne brown and the game opened up for us Tim james scored from the spot and graham jewell sealed the points from close range. Job done- on a great run of form now 8 wins from 9 games!! :drink::yahoo: :thumbsup:

Troon 5 redruth utd 0

This game never really got going, the pitch was a bit bobbly but neither team really took grasp of the game until after the break. Troon went 1-0 up when a through ball by richard scott was miss kicked by the keeper and danny bell was on hand to place the ball into the net for one of his easiest goals he'll ever score!! 1-0 HT

the wether was awesome, and so was the crowd, there must of been 35 people there!"! not bad for a mining 1 game!! Jamie marles scored a great over head scissors kick when shane richards headed the ball back into the danger area to make it 2-0, then a through ball from simon opie put jamie marles in, and he ran through and slotted past the keeper to grab his 2nd, and troons 3rd of the day. Gary bell was doing some good work in the middle, along with clayton reynolds and richard scott, a long ball by scott grant picked out stuard smeeth, who calmly placed it past the keeper to make it 4-0, the goal socring was complete when a long throw found shane richards who held of the defender well, chipped it over another, and then slotted home to make it 5-0!

although 5-0 looks greatm troons performance was not, and redruth had chances to get goals, got some good players and the table does not really reflect the talent in the team.

danny mitch in goal for troon was comfortable, and woody played well, and meds when he came on too. jason smeeth was ok, ish.....nuf said shortie.....

all the best to redrtuh utd for the rest of the season.

o, and even matt harris had a run out!!! the crowd were in stitches at the specially made shirt, as the others did not fit!! lol

St Buryan 3 Illogan 2

Didnt turn up 1st half and with a man down after 20 mins we were all over the place and Buryan could have gone in 4 up but just got the one.

2nd half with 10 men showed great spirit looking good from the start but went 2 down then we managed to fight back to 2-2 had other chances to go ahead but didnt then Buryan got a winner with 4mins to go.

A draw may have been a fair result but we can have no complaints all the best to Buryan to the end of season.

Mining 2

Chasewater 3 v Crown Inn Glory 1

Illogan RBL v Goonhavern ????????

Madron 1 v Titans 3

Mount Ambrose v Sennen ?????????

Portreath v Halsetown ??????????

St Agnes v Holmans- Called off

Threemilestone v Newlyn NA- Called off

Can any1 fill in the missing results?

Guest Norry

mining 2

mount ambrose 2 v sennen 1

paul jackson

bitterly dissapointing,,,winning 1-0 looking ok..1st half

second half dismal,allowing mount in with two weak goals,story of our season,started brightly,but fall away

will we ever learn..... :(:( :(

Mount Ambrose 2 - 1 Sennen

Another good result following the win against St Agnes on Wednesday night.

A strange game where we could, and maybe should have been 3 down at half time but found ourselves losing by just the 1 goal. The main difference at the interval was work rate. I felt we needed to up it during the 2nd half, and that is exactly what we did. We competed more all over the pitch and for our second half performance alone deserved all 3 points. Goals from Shaun Vinnicombe and Tony Hannaford.

We are now playing with a lot more confidence than when I first took over and hopefully can have a strong finish to the season.

Man of the match: Stuart Leeson (captain) - superb, led by example.

Good luck to Sennen for the rest of the season and we now look forward to Holmans away on Wednesday night.

Guest Christo07

Mining 2

Illogan 2-2 Goonhavern

A late, late equliser from the Gooners kept up our unbeaten record in a big top-of-the-table clash. It was no more than our second half performance deserved. A draw, on reflection though, was about right.

Game started to get a bit heated towards the end, the ref had to have words with several players. Surprisingly, though, just one yellow card.

Good luck to the Illogan boys for the rest of the season!

Guest Fingers7

TRISPEN 7 HALSETOWN 2

GREAT RESULT FOR TRISPEN WHO ARE STILL FIGHTING, I HAD A REASONABLY QUIET DAY IN GOAL AS HALSETOWN DID NOT REALLY CREATE A GREAT AMOUNT OF CHANCES.

SCORERS WHERE, I THINK,

MIKE CRUSE 2

SIMON COLE

ROB SHARPE

IAN MCDONNELL (PEN)

PAUL BELLAMY 2 - GREAT JOB AS AMAKESHIFT FORWARD, OBVIOUSLY PLAYED IN THE WRONG POSITION FOR YEARS.

Guest bunditheboss

portreath 0-3 halsetown

por game, poor ref, players not willing to dig in and help the side out when key players missing, well pissed off enough said

Storm res 6 St Ives mariners 2

Storm were good today against a St Ives side who were maybe tired having played on Wednesday, we created lots of chances and maybe should have taken a few more.

St Ives had a good spell after half time but weren't really allowed back into the game, Comedy moment had to be the replacement St Ives keeper catching the ball 15 yards outside of his area, then looking guilty, dropping the ball and quickly kicking it to one of his players, well done on the ref for only giving a yellow card as the keeper really didn't look like he knew what he was doing. (although if it had been 1-1 I would have had a different view!).

Storm Goalscorers

Danny Wright 4

Keith Green 1

Matt Osborn 1 (after playing in goal for 80 mins)

portreath 0-3 halsetown

por game, poor ref, players not willing to dig in and help the side out when key players missing, well pissed off enough said

Chin up m8 you've still got a good few games to play its a right downer tho when your team just has'nt put in the work rate, you just gotta find a way to get it out of them- not easy.

Guest bunditheboss

bloody hell barnesy i was aspecting you to lay the boot in, well done mate you actually managed to make me smile!!!!!!

its easy to tell who your real players are when your down to bare minimum, not enough players pulling there weight today but wednesday is another day.

well done with your result saturday mate looks like you boys have just hit form at the right time, keep it up mate!!!!!!

bloody hell barnesy i was aspecting you to lay the boot in, well done mate you actually managed to make me smile!!!!!!

its easy to tell who your real players are when your down to bare minimum, not enough players pulling there weight today but wednesday is another day.

well done with your result saturday mate looks like you boys have just hit form at the right time, keep it up mate!!!!!!

I want all the teams that came up last season to stay up, its always a good game between portreath and titans. who you got on wednesday?? Whats happened to TMS i no thier 1st are a bit short but they couldnt field a 2nd 11 on saturday bit poor!

Guest bunditheboss

GOT THREEMILESTONE MATE, WHO HAVE YOU GOT????

I HAVE 4 DEFENDERS OUT NOW SO LEAKING GOALS LEFT RIGHT AND CENTRE ONLY HAVE MATT DOBLE AS A NATURAL DEFENDER SO CALLING DOWN TWO FIRST TEAMERS DOWN FOR WEDNESDAY TO PLAY FOR ME!!!!

no game bundi mate only 3 to play and i think next saturdays game against mt. ambrose will have to be re-arranged because they have crown inn in the cup. getting close down the bottom sides chopping and changing all the time. seems like end of season apathy with sides struggling to get a team out. :c:

I want all the teams that came up last season to stay up, its always a good game between portreath and titans. who you got on wednesday?? Whats happened to TMS i no thier 1st are a bit short but they couldnt field a 2nd 11 on saturday bit poor!

Well from tms point of view we were well short for the 1st team on sat and took half of our 2nds, but to be fair its unlike us to not be able to raise a side! considering the 2nds had about 3 weeks running where teams couldn't raise a side or even bother turning up, so cutting us some slack would be good thanks! :lol:

Guest Luffy

Well from tms point of view we were well short for the 1st team on sat and took half of our 2nds, but to be fair its unlike us to not be able to raise a side! considering the 2nds had about 3 weeks running where teams couldn't raise a side or even bother turning up, so cutting us some slack would be good thanks! :lol:

Thanks els. It is very rare that TMS ever call a game off because they can not raise a side. Due to injuries and players aways due to the easter break the first team was missing about 8 players so I had to pull on the reserves and with a further 5 or 6 who had to work meant, we just did not have enough players to field a reserve team, however, we should be back to normal this week and will be able to field two teams. Well done to all the lads who played on Saturday against Four Lanes a really good result, everyone gave 110% and got a well deserved victory.

:thumbsup::yahoo: :clapper: