Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay 1 St Austell 4

Absolutely no complaints about the result. St Austell out played us, out fought us and worked harder. On top of that I have never seen so many of our players make individual mistakes. St Austell also played the conditions better. Everyone was naturally disappointed after the game but the sign of a really good team is how they react and bounce back after a defeat and we need a great reaction from the boys in our local derby against Godolphin on Good Friday. They have done it before this season and I am confident they will do it again. Good luck to St Austell in the Senior Cup Final on Easter Monday.

Thanks Jimbo for an unbiased posting - I missed the game last night but a great result for St.Austell. Looks like work will mean I may miss Fridays local derby with Foxhole which will be another tough game - hopefully 3 more points but, perhaps more importantly, no injuries ahead of the Senior Cup Final.

The lads results against the top sides in SWPL west and in cup games against premier league opposition must give the boys confidence...can't wait!!

Must agree with Jim,St Austell played the big boot game in terrible conditions and it worked for them,we all thought Newquay would revert to the same style of play but it was not to be ,it was not a night for pretty football.

Good luck to Bradders and the St Austell boys on Monday.

Spot on Jimbo, the real St.Austell turned up last night and didn't give Newquay a chance to settle, forced errors and made the most of them. In all fairness, I think we should have had a couple more, Gary P made a couple of good saves but Newquay didn't really penetrate, not even with your goal machine on at half time ( don't think he even got a shot off). Still plenty to play for and anybody's league to win.

The conditions were some of the worst I've been involved in at mount wise, the wind seemed to blow in all directions!

Credit to the officials as well, thought they done a good job. That's two games on the trot that we've had a good ref, I must be going soft!

Up the Lillywhites!

Thanks Jimbo for an unbiased posting - I missed the game last night but a great result for St.Austell. Looks like work will mean I may miss Fridays local derby with Foxhole which will be another tough game - hopefully 3 more points but, perhaps more importantly, no injuries ahead of the Senior Cup Final.

The lads results against the top sides in SWPL west and in cup games against premier league opposition must give the boys confidence...can't wait!!

still gotta play us twice in a week haha :)

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

No reaction from 'The Judge' as yet.

On holiday perhaps or a bad attack of writers cramp.

1- 4 could be a symptom.

Or you could try reading the thread entitled

NEWQUAY AFC v St Austell

Tonight 7.30pm MOUNT WISE