Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League Results Tues 07/04/2009

Div 2

Chacewater 3 Threemilestone 0 h/t 0-0

Chacewater not at their best in the first half against their near neighbours but the visitors also defended resolutely.

An early second half goal by Ian Jenkins calmed the nerves a little but Threemilestone still fought for every ball.Further goals by Gavin Bennetts and an Ian Jenkins penalty gave Chacewater a win by a scoreline which was a little flattering.

Another potential banana skin on Saturday with the visit of Crown Inn Glory.

Guest bunditheboss

Portreath 2 - 4 goonhavern

poor display in the second half from us was winning 2-1 with 20 to go. i wouldnt say goonhavern are a very good team, they made 3 subs and that made the difference with the wind behind them.

halsetown at home on saturday hopefully back to winning ways!!!!!

Guest Christo07

Bunditheboss, I will have to agree with you. I think on the basis of the game, a draw would have been fair, you won the first half and I think we won the second. The scoreline definitely flattered us, and was harsh on your guys who never gave in.

As skipper though, I must say I'm proud of my boys for the way we never gave in, despite being a mile from our best. We have to raise our game for our pivotal next three games, Illogan, Sennen and Newlyn, all away from home! Will definitely make or break our season.

Good luck to the Portreath lads for the rest of the season!

poor display in the second half from us was winning 2-1 with 20 to go. i wouldnt say goonhavern are a very good team, they made 3 subs and that made the difference with the wind behind them.

If goonhavern aint a very good side it doesnt say a great deal for yourself they' r doing well in the league, give them some credit m8. I d change places with them in the league in a flash. :smiley20:

Jolly's Shield - Semi Final

West Cornwall 3 - 0 Gulval

Scorers

O.Barrett 2

S. Norman

Decent game, not as one sided as the scoreline suggests maybe, but the best team won.

And as I scored an OG, I can definately take one of the goals away from your lot. He didn't touch it (sadly), it came off my leg :(

Guest Christo07

If goonhavern aint a very good side it doesnt say a great deal for yourself they' r doing well in the league, give them some credit m8. I d change places with them in the league in a flash. :smiley20:

Thanks TFC No 9, we weren't at our best at all as I said, but we are as high as we are for a reason!

Guest bunditheboss

TFC no9 has to but in and lay a dig into me again, goonhavern when we played them at there place were awesome as there captain has said it was a very close game and closer than i thought it would be, goonhavern used the wide to there advantage in the second half and i wish them all the best for the rest of the season, after the trouble they have had at the club i hope they get back into mining 1,

well done guys you have done really well to climb up the league.

also good luck ti titans with there last 4 games also i good team and dont deserve to be so LOW in the league