Cornwall Football Forum

NEWQUAY AFC v St Austell

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

A reminder to all attending tonights match, that parking will be limited on a first come first served basis at Mount Wise, be early and use the clubhouse !

Parking at REEDS WAY ESTATE is a big NO-NO, those that dish out tickets seem well aware that fans do park on match days and seem to lie in wait, use Tregunnel Hill or Mount Wise main car parks.

Hope the rain keeps away, blue skys at the moment.

Sadly, just the score I predicted. Jimbo has learnt nothing from the 2 previous defeats this season. St A are good in the air and hit their wide men on the break. If Robbo is the leagues top scorer (?) why is he on the bench. Sorry Shanks, but you had a nightmare despite 1 outstanding save and a decent performance on Sat. I gave up at 1-4 and went for a pint in the clubhouse. It's nights like this that sort the men from the boys and Nqy were sadly lacking as a team.

Hope the team is better on Fri.

What,no comments from the mouth on a stick.Where are you with your nasty comments Judge ?

You only sing when you win.

Can't quite work out if Im Mouth on a stick (ie Skinny) or a fat bastard as was directed towards me from the Duchy 5 players, never mind, if there was one thing to enjoy tonight, it was the banter between the two sets of fans. I was more than happy to walk through the visiting fans after tha match and say well done and compliment them on the exchange of banter. Not entirely sure the SWPL officials appreciated all of it but hey ho, passionate fans will give it out during a match but not a hint of anything naughty happening, just banter.

As for the game, well St Austell definately handled the conditions better and were certainly more physical in their approach to the game. Newquay played the better football, but this was not a night for the pretty stuff and the visitors took advantage of that. Shanks did not have the best of nights (but neither did Penhaligon) and it was St Austells forwards who made the most of the defensive errors whereas Newquays forwards didn't.

A great game for the St Austell reserves who came to support their 1st team and any neutrals in the ground but Newquay fans are a considerate bunch. We realise, that being 3rd in the league and with promotion being still in our own hands is a great place to be. No one at MW thought we would be in this position in November, so we are still a happy bunch of Peppermints fans.

Not sure of the official crowd tonight, but if it is declared at anything under 200 I would be amazed, several people have said at least that figure including an independant St Austell fan I spoke to after the match. Good to see Callymike at the game, nice to put a face to the name.

Well done to St Austell on tonights results, just a shame you can't go up ! Enjoy your cup finals lads

Where do i bloody start!!!!

Firstly, thank you Judge for your comment in that report. I know you aint paid me but you really are a top bloke and passionate about Newquay which I saw when sitting next to you, no offer of a pint either tho haha.

THANK YOU to the whole of newquay for making my day superb. £8 well spent on a return train from plymouth to Mountwise. I am definitely going to be watching more of newquay when there are no other games on as I really felt welcomed by your club and enjoyed the banter and the words exchanged between kids and the newquay faithful.

Of the game itself well, blustery conditions did not help. Newquay started the better playing the better football on the ground as lumping it in the air with the wind only sent the ball back to keepers. Newquay playing their second keeper might have been the difference, but as Judge said everytime the ball was pumped out wide st austell had a little more pace and to be fair to newquay the linesman helped out st austell a little as a couple of decisions i would not have given. credit to referee andre as well, seen him couple of times and worked with him very funny and professional character. names to faces as well nice to have met everton dave (change your clothes mate :) and baldy lets hope I meet more people at other grounds. Was really gr8 to meet some of you and I would definitely vote for newquay for the sporting play trophy and the most welcoming club, i felt like the legend/football genius. thank you newquay.

Sorry Bud, I will ensure you are lagered up next time we meet, very amiss of me but I did have other things on my mind before the match.

You are not the first and won't be the last to appreciate the Newquay hospitality, we are by far the best fans in the Division and welcome everyone to Mount Wise (or even away games as Paul of Blazey has found on a couple of occasions) regardless of who you are.

Not a game for the Peppermints fans to remember, but that was only our first defeat in the SWPL this year (we have beaten Camelford twice by the way) but we can still go up and will cheer the Reds on regardless. This has been our best season since Noah sailed up the Gannel, well in 15 years anyway and by christ we are enjoying it.

More than happy to write a complimentary peice for your prog bud, just drop me an email at newquayafc@gmail.com and I will send you all you need.

Once again, thanks for turning up, keep up the good work for the rest of the season at Cally and good luck next season - don't forget we have Cally and Millbrook away before the end of this season !