Cornwall Football Forum

Junior cup draw

Guest Benny4

Troon v St Buryan

Another tough one for us, St Buryan a strong side, full of good senior players, they entertain us as well this weekend, so sure both teams will be looking for a morale boosting victory before the Junior Cup tie on Jan 3rd. Looking forward to be at home for the first time in the competition. Good luck to the rest of teams!!!!!!

Perran will take their usual Junior cup team to Constantine probably the following:

J. Preece, S. Mcdonnell, M. Bennetts, R. Watts, J.Williams, S. Harper, S. Gregory, R. Hosking, J. Mclellan, A. Perkins, T. Ansell, J. Walters, D. Penna, J. Cox, R. Brandreth

plus or minus any other player that deserves to be selected/dropped.... As usual its a mixture of both 2nd and 3rd teams...

Im sure the Constantine lads will be fired up for this one, as will the Perran boy's, should make for an interesting game and as you say Gillo there could be some fireworks !!

It amazes me how the 3 favourites have missed eachother in the draw <_<

althou they have missed each other i think that Fal ath and Troon have hard ties. there are no " easy " games at this stage. alot of people have been saying that st buryan were the dark horses for the cup.

no doubt chacewater will be favourites for the game and at home is a big advantage but you shouldnt right us off at culdrose, ok we may be div 2 but since joining culdrose this season i have seen some of the best football i have been part of played. they all have a hard work ethic and never say die attitude, should be a cracking game!!!!!!!

I don’t think anybody is a clear favourite as such, Everybody has their favourites but no one team is better than another team at this stage and on the day anything can happen after all it is a cup match

Let’s face it who would have thought a side that is in the bottom half of Mining Division 1 would knock out the likes of St Keverne and then Falmouth Albion and then Robarts all of who have a higher league position and have proberly better records

Ok one game you could call it a bit of luck maybe but to knock out 3 very good experienced sides to be honest is no luck at all it is purely down to hard work and determination from the players involved

Good luck to all the teams left

Perran will take their usual Junior cup team to Constantine probably the following:

J. Preece, S. Mcdonnell, M. Bennetts, R. Watts, J.Williams, S. Harper, S. Gregory, R. Hosking, J. Mclellan, A. Perkins, T. Ansell, J. Walters, D. Penna, J. Cox, R. Brandreth

plus or minus any other player that deserves to be selected/dropped.... As usual its a mixture of both 2nd and 3rd teams...

Im sure the Constantine lads will be fired up for this one, as will the Perran boy's, should make for an interesting game and as you say Gillo there could be some fireworks !!

It amazes me how the 3 favourites have missed eachother in the draw <_<

You seemed to have missed Mr P.Lord Kappa, and yourself as you were on top form at training this week!

3rd Jan thats was a special day in 1981 - I was born!!!

Birthday Present - victory over Constatine and a semi final spot please

:thumbsup: :drink:

chacewater vs culdrose will be on the 10th jan as the navy boys will be back from christmas leave on the 5th. my predictions for the next round are:

chacewater vs culdrose (away win, close match but i think we can do it!)

constantine vs perranporth (away win, i think perranporth will be too strong)

redruth united vs falmouth athletic (away win, fal ath will edge this 1)

troon vs st.byryan (away win, just cause i think all home sides will lose in the quarters)

Guest geachy1

does culdrose still have that realy quick striker ?

he will cause chacewater realy big problems cos thay aint the quicest at the back.

and this lad is rapid makes jake harvey look like a fat snail ;)

Chacewater had a very rocky start to the season, losing 4 out of there first 5 games i think, however since then they havn't lost, won every game, yes its a cup game and anything can happen, i just think culdrose will have to be pretty special to cause an upset, good luck to them.

oh and geachy, you know as much about football as i know about astronaughts. lol

Guest geachy1

Chacewater had a very rocky start to the season, losing 4 out of there first 5 games i think, however since then they havn't lost, won every game, yes its a cup game and anything can happen, i just think culdrose will have to be pretty special to cause an upset, good luck to them.

oh and geachy, you know as much about football as i know about astronaughts. lol

what has up set you benny?

Guest geachy1

richie bennets?

my opinion on the draw is chacewater will beat culdrose comfortble

falmouth athletic to win vs redruth

troon to win vs st buryan

constantine to beat perranporth.

wud like to see falmouth athletic vs chacewater area final.

I have a feeling Redruth are home to Fal athletic. Still think Ath will pinch it (sorry darren)

Think Troon will be too strong for ST Buryan + likewise Perran too strong for Constantine.

Hopefully Chace will nick it against Culdrose and with those four teams through it wont matter who you get in the semi.

i agree wiv spenny who ever makes it through to the semis will be a tough team to beat Fal ath and troon will be to strong and chasewater if they perform shud have enough to see off culdrose. perran will no doubt have a strong cup team out but the villiage must be happy with their last round performance winning 9-1 so shud make for an intrestin tie.

I have a feeling Redruth are home to Fal athletic. Still think Ath will pinch it (sorry darren)

Hey Spenny, hope you're Ok. Opinions are purely that. Not a prob. Although I am a little concerned that even one of our players (although not eligible for the Junior Cup) didn't pick up on the fact that we are, as you say, at home, and predicted an away win! I'll be having words with Mr One And A Six........lol

Guest tafc.-gaffa

That just shows the west side are a joke and not hard earned like the east!!!

Pick your games, teams and club as we only have one in the east you cheats!!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

That just shows the west side are a joke and not hard earned like the east!!!

Pick your games, teams and club as we only have one in the east you cheats!!!!

Sorry that was a drunken rant!!! Should stay off here when ive had a skinfull!!!