Cornwall Football Forum

Liverpool v West Ham

Liverpool 0 v 0 West Ham

Get in there what a great result for the hammers at Anfield tonight, Having not won there in my lifetime (1963 was the last time) i have to say i am happy with that :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

We may not win the league or any cups but you always know we will upset some of the big boys

Comment of the day was on radio 5 live when the commentator said how Lucas Neil was going to go to Liverpool but chose West Ham instead and it was nothing to do with the 65k a week wage he would get at upton park lol (Loyalty dont you just love it) :D

Guest crosser

think its a great result for the league keeps everything nice and tight,

and its a massive point for the irons three more tough games coming, the yids, chelsea, villa then a boxing day trip to pompey need to keep picking up some points

My mate/boss is a Wet Spam supporter and I just got a text off him saying how chuffed he was because they've pulled another point further away from Spurs BUT he also said, "Liverpool were crap and we hit the bar". Is that a fair analogy cockerkneeboy??

I then ofcourse went on to remind him that Spurs took THREE points off Liverpool and put them out of OUR cup within the space of ten days ;) . But that's nothing to do with this topic.

Bet you're chuffed cockerkneeboy and Mr Mourinho?.

Good points by midfield and crosser. This could well turn out to be the best Premier league season we've ever seen?.

Guest crosser

Good points by midfield and crosser. This could well turn out to be the best Premier league season we've ever seen?.

its shaping up that way at the moment the champions can only come from the usual suspects but bar villa everybody else seems to be struggling to put any sort of run together, villa in 5th place are 9 points from top hull in 6th place are 8 points from the bottom 3, its going to be interesting :clapper:

coopsie, your just about right mate although bellamy did hit the post for us so could have gone either way but Liverpool were poor tonight and you may have to question there title hopes to be honest

I think crosser is correct this could be a very good season for all involved

I was not looking forward to tonight but to be fair we have been playing well and not getting results but we do have some very hard games coming up, I would love to win at least two of them (the spuds of course) and Villa because i have money on that one with the trouble and strife :D

It has been a great week so far as not only the result tonight but the saturday team i play for Redruth Utd made it into the quater finals of the junior cup for the first time in there 15 year history and i scored the winner :drink::drink::drink::drink: (not bad for an old man lol) :yahoo:

I to have not seen an away win at anfield in my lifetime ( and I've been to 9 of them) but I really thought that Zola should have said at half time "Liverpool are not playing well take a gamble and the game will be ours" I really think we should have been more positive....... but a point is a point and at Anfield it feels like 3.....

Liverpool were simply awful and as I posted many weeks ago before the 3, 0-0 results against Fulham, Stoke and Hammers they cannot finish off the lower sides and that is why they won't win the league.

Deanno and Barbs sorry I couldn't text you late last night to gloat but my phones playing up :yahoo: :yahoo:

Liverpool were shite, but West Ham did what they had to do and could have sneaked it, luckily it fell to BoaMorte though.

Last week it was said, No Gerrard = No goals, now its No Torres = No goals, we beat Utd without either. Green made a great save from Bennynoon. But it summed it up when Carlton Cole went down the right, got to the edge of the box and turned back and knocked it back to the half way line, where Upson turned and gave it to Green.

Still, Liverpool will play well sometime soon!!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Whos top of the league?? Think you need to have a look!!! As for all you people that can see in to the future and say we cant win the league can you give me next weeks winning lottery numbers as well!!

As for Torres and Gerrard, we done Utd without them and Chelsea without Torres so its not that we are a sack of s*ite without them. As for dropping points, yes we all will and thats what makes it the best league in the world!!!

Cant really count the United game because you lot will always be more up for that more than any other game as for the last 20 years it has pretty much defined your season. I forget the amount of banter Ive had with Liverpool fans saying "We took 4 points off you lot" or "we did the double over united" but they finished trophyless while United won a league, or a cup, or a Euro trophy sometimes all at the same time!

Without Gerrard there is not the same drive, without Torres there is not the same threat of goals. Without beating the so called lower sides,especially at home, there is no trophy come May. Just ask Arsenal! But without doubt Liverpool are getting closer to mounting a proper title challenge, hope Im not eating these words in May, just hope you have to wait longer than the 26 years that United had to wait!!

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Dont mind the banter but its all the fortune tellers that get up my arse!!! One game at atime, thats how i run my team so thats how i watch the premiership!!!! Beating Utd is sweet but its forgot by the next game, as i keep on getting told by Utd fans its history!!! Especially when we mention previous success!!!!

Guest Markdavis

Come on you irons!! :drink::drink::drink:

West ham did what they needed to last night and you cant knock them for that, As for liverpool they have to be disapointed they didn't play that well.

Ps could west ham please teach carlton cole how to score!

Guest ECPL Supporter

Unfortunately West Ham put 10 players behind the ball and we had no ideas to get in behind. We had no width, Benayoun plays too central and i feel really sorry for Keane. He's being played in the wrong role. We gave him the ball to his feet once last night and that aint good enough!! I wish Bellamy's strike had gone in, it would have been the best thing to happen to us

good result for us tonight although west ham rarely threatened.

glad to see modric back playing,i thought he played really well.would prefer it if we had two strikers up there for him to feed but cant grumble when we are winning.

fantastic saves from gomes towards the end :clapper: the boy is doing better.

COYS :thumbsup::thumbsup: :thumbsup: