Cornwall Football Forum

City fans don't seem animated either way these days!

Truro 2, North Leigh 2

Another two points dropped, but not really much reaction on either City Forum, topped by nothing on here!

Is the interest waining for City's crusade up the pyramid system? People seem content with the current spate of results, but surely for a squad with the talent we know is there, things aren't going as they should be.

Complacency creeping in or lack of interest?

:blink:

Truro 2, North Leigh 2

Another two points dropped, but not really much reaction on either City Forum, topped by nothing on here!

Complacency creeping in or lack of interest?

Nobody from the CLUB seems to have much to say these days,know what i mean? :ninja: :ninja:

Oh Dave, you can be a PLONKER when you want to. :SM_carton:

Bitter weather today, 401 attending, hardly complacent.

The Truro websites are always quiet when the team play at home,

the supporters are doing what is needed supporting the team,

add to that the youngsters Saturday night out and there's part of

your answer, another part is the problems many have had accessing

YOUR WEBSITE, Dustin in Missouri was unable to get on earlier, I found

logging in and posting time consuming and hold my breath that this

posting is accepted without disappearing into cyber space.

THE TRURO CITY WORLD does not revolve around Dave Deacon, I like

most visit the Southern League Official website for their excellant posting

of the days exploits, next port of call is usually the Tony Kempster pages,

followed by interest elsewhere.

Visiting your ramblings where you attempt to wind up the City youngsters

is far down the pecking order for this 72 year old. Grow up OLD MAN :drink:

Charming! I ask a civil enough question, and get slagged off by someone who wants to tell me how old he is!

Why Mountaineer you should suggest I'm a plonker concerns me and this is exactly why a number of people are suggesting they can't be bothered to post on this forum anymore. They are fed up with being slagged off for no apparant reason. And after your posting I can sympathise with them. Totally uncalled for, but don't worry I put it down to your age!

I don't think the lack of postings on here are down to the supporters "doing what is needed supporting the team" - the game finished hours ago!

And I don't think it's down to not being able to get access. Anyway, do you mean MY WEBSITE, or this Forum? I'm sorry if this has been the case this evening, but I've not heard from anyone.

As for the final two paragraphs of your posting, well I am fully aware that THE TRURO CITY WORLD does not revolve around me. Not sure it ever did anyway, but we did use to get some postings on here from people interested in Truro City.

And as for the "attempt to wind up the City youngsters" .... just who would they be?

So back to my original query ..... "Complacency creeping in or lack of interest?" :thumbsup:

I'm not so sure its complacency Dave. More like interest has dropped off a tad since all of the financial isssues were raised, thats my opinion. I also think many were disappointed by the decision not to go full time and lastly; some may be reluctant to post, should I say brag, so often due to a lack of confidence.

Having said that, I believe City have done well so far and if they are in the top three or four at the end of the season, they can be well satisfied.

As for the forum speed? I have had problems waiting for the pages to load for quite a while now. There is quite a delay but I thought it was down to my provider.

I can't speak for the others - but I am one Truro Supporter who used to put results on here [win,lose or draw] after a match if no one else had beaten me to it.

However, I have stopped doing it because of all the negative comments that followed - often things such as a yawn or a line of Z's. Thats fine - if people don't want us to post on here then we get the message and will stop.

If you don't mind though I still visit the site because I have a genuine interest in Cornish Football and my experience over the years extends to more clubs than Truro City.

On the Tiger-Talk subject - there were plenty of postings on the Truro v North Leigh thread so I don't know where the lack of interest bit comes in - unless people are looking in the wrong place...!!!

Hi Dave, not sure about 'not much reaction' - the North Leigh Live Update thread on TigerTalk had 40 posts, half of them after full time!

There is still plenty of animation and emotion, I can assure you! Have a read of the Gosport match post mortem on both the Live Update and News/Views threads - Walt Disney himself would be proud of that animation!