Cornwall Football Forum

junior cup

Guest gunners

Guest chacewater 7

fal athletic troon and dont underestimate chacewater just yet we r playing well at at the moment and no 1 is talking about us so thats a good thing. alot of people didnt think we would beat illogan but it could of been alot more than 3 goals if it wasnt 4 there keeper. people were talking about holmans winning it and they fell at the 1st hurdle against chacewater. its interesting thats 4sure. :D:D :D

Guest gunners

Any one of those teams could win the Junior cup. Also Trispen are there. not an easy tie some good players. Chacewater have knocked out Holmans and Illogan two good teams. All depends on the day which team wants it the most, also where the next tie takes place home or away, good luck going to Chacewater got a good team there without paying any players like some out there, paying players at this level can also be a disadvantage.

Guest tafc.-gaffa

i reckon a team from the east will win it. edgcumbe torpoint st teath st dennis. one of them

I agree the duchy premier league is far to strong!!!!!

Guest chacewater 7

spoke 2 a helston player and he said constantine are no way good enough 2 win it. chacewater will play any1 anywhere confidence is high. :thumbsup:

I bet confidence was high at Chasewater at the start of the season aswell. Didn't stop you losing then. I know you have found form since then and are more than capable of winning the whole thing. Don't over estimate yourselves theres still plenty left in this cup who could come up with an upset.

How do you fancy Athletic away? ;)

Guest tafc.-gaffa

Discount the east at your peril- Torpoint and Edgcumb are possibly the best junior sides in cornwall with many top players. Watch this space!!!!

Its always interesting at this time of year , to read about the favourites, or supposed favourites for the Junior Cup. Falmouth Athletic are amongst the front runners but having watched them on a couple of occasions I did not see an all-round side that could go all the way, and also having struggled against a Sennen team that was game but less skilled their credentials are still under scrutiny??

Troon are a very interesting side and are on the up again after a few seasons in the wilderness, they with a good draw could go all the way. Chacewater sometimes flatter to deceive, but cannot be discounted from the frame.

Having been involved in a team to go to the final, its a glorious day out, but the journey is fraught with danger, and the draw has an enormous effect on the outcome. A team from the chasing pack could cause a surprise and sneak through, so those teams who think that it is an easy way to get honours, had better ensure they are on their game in every round.

My comments revolve around the WEST, but the EASTERN section have some good teams and will be well motivated to return the Cup to their area. Good Luck to all Teams still involved!!!!!!!

Discount the east at your peril- Torpoint and Edgcumb are possibly the best junior sides in cornwall with many top players. Watch this space!!!!

people from the east said last season that it would be either edgcumbe st stephens boro or st domininck . but who won it .yep portreath

having spoke to a illogen player today he said chacewater were very lucky on sat ,he said a couple of mistakes by the ref allowed chacewater 2 goals.so who knows whos going to win the junior cup,on the day it could be any1.look forward to the draw,and ive just heard every round constantine go through each player gets a extra 10 pound in there pay packet,cant be bad can it.

Constantine for the cup?

Could this be the same constantine side that only a few seasons ago pulled one side out of the league and volunteered to drop the other down to div 2 to rebuild.

I didn't realise it was the bank balance that was rebuilding as well as the team.

No honestly you boys crack on and may all the under dogs get the draws they deserve in the next round.

May the best team win..........so long as they come from the west.

:thumbsup:

Paul, i would be interested to know who the illogan player was who said chace were lucky on sat, although i guess any team that gets beat feels better if they can blame the ref!

I agree with most of the predictions and that a home draw from now on could make all the differnece, i.e most teams who draw chace, troon or athletic at home would fancy there chances of an upset but away from home would probably feel less so.

Good luck to all in the draw tonight, apart from whoever gets Chacewater AWAY!

Guest stratton no1

I can hardly wait for the draw to come out.

Playing for Stratton, we have to be one of the minnows of the cup along with N Petherwin. Hope we get one of the big guns away.

I'm under no illusion how hard this cup is to win. Won it with Morwenstow quite a few years back down at Saltash and then was injured a few years later for the final at Blazey against Holmans a couple of years later . Our keeper against Holmans on that day is now my centreback. ha. How times change.

Nobody will fancy coming to Strattons "field of dreams" to play us on a blustery saturday. But I hope we get a nice big away tie though.

Gota love this cup!!

Guest chacewater 7

there are some very good teams left in the draw and any1 can beat any1 on there day. constantine have some combo players from last year playing 4 them including dinch and minto so playing them at there place would be very tricky. trispen away on there pitch(ski slope) would be tough aswell. no easy ties at this stage would love a home draw though.

we played constantine in the last round and lost 3-0 but they were far from convincing against a very poor helston side! were not the best of teams on our day but we had our best players called up to the firsts because they were short and had a very mismatch team! we played chacewater with alot stronger team a few weeks before and got smashed 9-0 and they by far looked the better side! we have yet to play fal athletic but have heard there a quality side this year. But i cant see constantine going much further if they get a hard draw like athletic troon or chace in the next round i dont think they could pull out any upsets if they play like they did at helston cuz to be honest this year il be the first to admit we are pants! and if we went out with that side against an even average fal hel 1 team we would of got spanked! :thumbsup:

Guest B Manley

I Think Thats Wrong Because We Are A Falmouth Helston 2 Team And We Are Not Top Of The League For Nothing And We Were Missing Our Main Defender And Our Two Strikers Are Just Coming Back From Long Injuries So Time Will Tell When The Draw Out

I Think Thats Wrong Because We Are A Falmouth Helston 2 Team And We Are Not Top Of The League For Nothing And We Were Missing Our Main Defender And Our Two Strikers Are Just Coming Back From Long Injuries So Time Will Tell When The Draw Out

Yea defo your prob not top of div 2 for noting im just stating that i think you need alot more if your going to compete with sides like chacewater or athletic. i dont think you guys were a huge threat against us 3-0 is the least weve conceeded in a game all season and we had the weakest team weve ever had out! im not saying ure a bad side becasue ure obviusly not but ure going to have to pull a hell of a lot mre out of the bag if ure going to try and win this cup thats for sure!

Guest chacewater 7

cheers treasure parks. its going 2 be tough but i think we can do it. not many people talking about us winning it so thats a good thing. hows it going anyway mate?

Guest football mad

Chacewater are crap ! They wont do nothing this year. I heard a rumour they were going to try and go JCCL again never laughed so much, Why do all that work to go straight down again

Troon for the cup

cheers treasure parks. its going 2 be tough but i think we can do it. not many people talking about us winning it so thats a good thing. hows it going anyway mate?

i'm fine mate not been playing as i was going away to florida had a great time now i'm back i will be playing for St Day sorry i left mate but i wish you and all the boys every sucesss and you will win the junior cup.