Cornwall Football Forum

Glock did he didn't he? F1 Hamilton Wins

Guest crosser

Glock was there something dodgy  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Did Glock Chuck it?

• Hell Yeah he took a load of cash from Mclaren!! and he hates Ferrari
    • Nope Just one lap too many on dry tyres
    • F1 is boring as sin and i don't give a toss! bring on the spurs v gooners debate

Great idea crosser! Let's get away from that silly 'my fact better than your fact' debate, it's driving me nuts!

F1 is so corrupt, from top to bottom, it wouldn't surprise if McLaren bosses ran down the pit lane to the Toyota garage with 2 laps to go and dropped a big load of cash on the floor and said 'tell Timo to slow down...... NOW!'

Call me a cynic, but it all seemed a little bit 'for the cameras'. Hamilton loses the title with two laps to go, then wins it back on the last corner, catching someone who 'lost' 24 seconds on the last lap, even though on the lap before Glock was just as quick as Hamilton, even on dry tyres.

Hasn't Hamilton got enough already, he's young, rich, drives fast cars and goes out with a Pussycat Doll, now he's a world champion!! Can't a guy just be content with what he's got..... jealousy a beautiful thing!! :D

Despite the crooks of F1 trying at every opportunity to rob Hamilton of the title in favour of Ferrari, the lad done good and fully deserved it.

Hamilton was robbed of the points when he went completely by the book when going off the track but was docked 25 seconds and many points. F1 absurdly gave Massa an extra point instead of a penalty for trying to run Sebastien Bourdais off the track when the Frenchman correctly stayed inside the white line when coming out of the pits. Massa encroached over the white line which the stewards instead of giving Massa a penalty gave him another point and blamed the Frenchman.

And yes Peck1961 you are a cynic. You obviously do not know anything about the four wheeled sport because every time a driver gets into his car he risks his life.

Despite the crooks of F1 trying at every opportunity to rob Hamilton of the title in favour of Ferrari, the lad done good and fully deserved it.

Hamilton was robbed of the points when he went completely by the book when going off the track but was docked 25 seconds and many points. F1 absurdly gave Massa an extra point instead of a penalty for trying to run Sebastien Bourdais off the track when the Frenchman correctly stayed inside the white line when coming out of the pits. Massa encroached over the white line which the stewards instead of giving Massa a penalty gave him another point and blamed the Frenchman.

And yes Peck1961 you are a cynic. You obviously do not know anything about the four wheeled sport because every time a driver gets into his car he risks his life.

Woah there cowboy!!

Whilst I profess not to know F1 intimately, I've followed GP's ever since the days of Mansell, Senna, Prost, Piquet et al, and I have the utmost respect for any man or woman that races in F1 or any other motorsport. The risk to their life and the physical pressures they put on their bodies during racing demands that respect.

I think all the hoo-ha regarding Hamilton's misfortune at the hands of the stewards throughout the season is open to conjecture, but you would hope that race stewards would know the race rules better than anyone else. However, as I alluded to in my previous post, F1 is probably one of the most money driven sports that there is, so any corruption would not surprise me in the slightest!

I thought Massa showed great humility in the post-race news conference, in what must have been a highly emotional moment for him.

My hope for next season..... Fernando Alonso gets a car that can challenge for race wins from the START of the season, because it would be great to see him and Lewis go head to head for the title, as they clearly can't stand each other!

Totally agree with that. The right man won.

I reckon it was only raining on the last part of the track, and Glock's dry tyres didn't stick as he entered that area!! However, a very strange ending to the race (exciting alright) but no one seemed to focus on what actually happened to Glock, hence some conspiracy theories.

yeah im glad hamilton won it today as he has been the best driver all season.

no matter how much they tried to screw him this season he still did it even though it should have been wrapped up beforehand.

maybe they kept punishing him so they would have a final race that meant something so more people would tune in to watch it.

didn't matter in the end anyway but wasn't so sure with 2 laps remaining

Guest crosser

the funniest bit for me was seeing the ferrari garage celebrating after hamilton crossed the line behind vettel not realising they had both past glock two corners earlier

the funniest bit for me was seeing the ferrari garage celebrating after hamilton crossed the line behind vettel not realising they had both past glock two corners earlier

Yeah, that was class, the moment where you could see on their faces of the Ferrari mechanics, 'hang on a minute why are McLaren celebrating, we better check the TV's again'.

Priceless! :clapper:

yeah i have to agree with you on that one.i was having a good laugh at home watching them celebrate.

i never realised they were actually there supporting hamilton this weekend :D

I could barely see the TV by the end of the race :drink::drink: .. Happy days, the RIGHT MAN won the title and there WILL be many more titles to follow for the youngest ever world champion. I don't understand all you silly Ferrari glory hunters. You've got a british lad in a british car, yet you all prefer to follow a corrupt bunch of power mad Italians who are as corrupt as George Graham in a carpark and can't win anything without the FIA sticking their tongues 7feet up their arses.. It just makes no sense. :wacko:

Guest Sport Lover

I was watching and glad Hamilton has won but sad he is flying the British flag but chooses to live in a different country not contributing to the British economy.

Guest Peppermint

Great postings from ECPL and Coopsie. Hamilton deserved to win if you took the whole year and despite the crooked rulings of the various committes and the sucking up to Ferrari the right result in the end.

Why in this country do we seem to be afraid to celebrate one of our own winning something and continue to try and find fault with them.

Yesterday Jordan and Moss were not exactly gushing with their praise of Hamilton's achievements but that could be a little jealousy because neither won a F1 World Crown.

Finally it seemed that even Hamilton's own so called team mate was not really pleased that Hamilton had won and was certainly not helping him as Massa's was. Hamilton did it against all the odds and with no one in the sport wishing him well.

Guest Helston Patriot

I was watching and glad Hamilton has won but sad he is flying the British flag but chooses to live in a different country not contributing to the British economy.

He lives in a luxury four-bedroom apartment on the banks of Lake Geneva, near team-mate Heikki Kovalainen, fitness trainer Adam Costanzo and McLaren team doctor and motivator, Dr Aki Hintsa.Most of Hamilton's time is spent on a relentless schedule of testing, debriefs with engineers at McLaren's headquarters in Woking, Surrey, appearances for sponsors and fitness work Taken from bbc news website

Thats why he lives where he does. Also if you earnt shed loads of money would you want to lose 30+% 0f it in tax??? I know i wouldn't!! I'd take my family out of this rapidly decreasing country. And i'm sure millions of others would too!

I agree with Helston Patriot. if we were in the same position we would do the same and live abroad. I also agree Massa showed great humility in defeat. The conspiracy theories about Glock are hilarious His team took a chance and it failed. His team had no interest who won the race they wanted their driver to finish as high as he could and he failed because not only Hamilton but numerous other drivers overtook him as well.

Its a shame that some people think he is arrogant. I hav enever had that opinion of him I'm afraid it is the press who dream up these headlines backed up by people who want their 15 minutes of fame long after their careers had ended.

Although I am not a great F1 fan.I agree about living abroad to save paying our stupid high rate

of income tax.

In this day and age you look after yourself and family,if I was earning large amounts of money,you would

not see me hanging around in this country.

Absolutely, I'd be off to Australia quicker than you could say 'G'day Bruce, put a shrimp on the barbie'!!

His team had no interest who won the race they wanted their driver to finish as high as he could and he failed because not only Hamilton but numerous other drivers overtook him as well.

They had to make it look convincing!! ;)