Cornwall Football Forum

Mining League result 1/11

St.Just 3-1 Four Lanes (HT 1-1)

After 3 games of having a good thrashing, it was refreshing to be able to give the opposition a good game. St.Just went 1-0 up through a penalty by Damon Nicholls. Four Lanes equalised just before half time, but had their right winger sent off after a second ridculous challenge that changed the complexity of the game.

St.Just in the second half played with the wind and went 2-1 up with a fine headed goal from a corner by a fit, 43 year old Kevin Glenville. Damon Nicholls from the penalty spot made it 3-1, after another ludicrous challenge from a Four Lanes side that were intent on sything people down at every oppurtunity.

As the game went on, the 10-man Four Lanes side didn't really look like scoring and it could have been 4 or 5 by the final whistle.

MINING 3

Trevenson 6 Gulval Reserves 4 (I think??)

Decent game that was decently officiated by a representative of each club in each half. Nothing much to say, apart from Gulval gave a consummate display of how to miss chance after chance, defend dreadfully and literally gift victory to the opposing team.

NOT a happy chappy.. :angry2:

Also would like to apologise to the Trevenson boys for not going back to their watering hole. I can't speak on behalf of other players but I had to get back to Penzance to get my 12 year old son back home. On the bright side, I got back to the club to buy the last few boxes on our weekly football card and won myself £15. Happy Days :yahoo:

mining 3

st ives mariner 2-1 storm res

storm were dog s**t 1st half, conceded a soft goal to go in 1 down, lucky thats all it was. 2nd half, came out a little better, which wasn't hard on the 1st half showing, pulled a goal back, then managed to leave them 3 on 1 with only the keeper to beat, which they did. A hint of offside in the goal, but overall got what we deserved.....well done to mariners and the ref!!! oh, and the pitch was awful, long grass and the 2 goalmouths, well you nearly lost your boots in them, but thats no excuse for a piss poor display!!!

also heard west cornwall 0-2 cornish new boys

think its time for the ol' ballsax to eat a slice of the preverbial 'humble pie'. Great result new boys and 100% start still intact.

Gulval gave a consummate display of how to miss chance after chance, defend dreadfully and literally gift victory to the opposing team.

Not many of your chances were actually that clear cut though to be fair! You had a dubious penalty for 1 of your goals, we scored 1 for you ( ! ) and our 'keeper slipped for another! We also hit your woodwork twice! All in all a good game to be involved in, I agree that the refereeing overall was fair ( apart for the penalty decision against me! ). Best wishes to all at Gulval for the rest of the season.

Gulval gave a consummate display of how to miss chance after chance, defend dreadfully and literally gift victory to the opposing team.

Not many of your chances were actually that clear cut though to be fair! You had a dubious penalty for 1 of your goals, we scored 1 for you ( ! ) and our 'keeper slipped for another! We also hit your woodwork twice! All in all a good game to be involved in, I agree that the refereeing overall was fair ( apart for the penalty decision against me! ). Best wishes to all at Gulval for the rest of the season.

Damo, come on fella.. I'm not going to get into a whole "we missed half a dozen one on ones, you hit the woodwork twice argument". Chances come and go, that's football. However, you're wrong about the penalty decision. BOTH penalties were stone wallers and to say anything other than that is just being ignorant mate.

Guest bundithegreat

division 2

holmans 2- 4 portreath

good result all we need to do now is get consistancy in there and you can see us in the top 5 at the end of season, well played to everyone!!!!!!!

Guest anthopkins

West Cornwall 0 - Cornish New Boys 2

A great result for the New Boys which keeps their unbeaten run in the league. A hard fought match between both sides, but we never gave up, and 2 late goals sealed the win. Some points in the match, we went back to the way we played last season, (hit and hope, and sloopy passes), but we quickly sorted that out! This result shows that we are a much better team than last year, and a team to be challenging for the title!!

Full credit to West Cornwall, who gave it their all and pushed us right to the end. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

West Cornwall 0 - Cornish New Boys 2

A great result for the New Boys which keeps their unbeaten run in the league. A hard fought match between both sides, but we never gave up, and 2 late goals sealed the win. Some points in the match, we went back to the way we played last season, (hit and hope, and sloopy passes), but we quickly sorted that out! This result shows that we are a much better team than last year, and a team to be challenging for the title!!

Full credit to West Cornwall, who gave it their all and pushed us right to the end. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

WE LOVE U NEW BOYS... WE DO! WE LOVE U NEW BOYS... WE DO! WE LOVE U NEW BOYS... WE DOOOOOO! OOHH NEW BOYS WE LOVE U!

Guest Postie Pidge

Any results from:

DIV 2 - Mousehole vs Halsetown

DIV 3 - Heamoor vs Marazion Blues

DIV 3 - Pendeen Rovers vs Ludgvan

DIV 3 - St buryan vs Redruth United

Any results from:

DIV 2 - Mousehole vs Halsetown

DIV 3 - Heamoor vs Marazion Blues

DIV 3 - Pendeen Rovers vs Ludgvan

DIV 3 - St buryan vs Redruth United

Pendeen Rovers vs Ludgvan was'nt played Pidge - I think because of no ref but also heard that Pendeen were struggling to raise a side??