Cornwall Football Forum

7 Day Approach for Bude and Cornwall Youth striker

Although Holsworthy are in a higher league and are able to pay players, i think this wouldn't be a good move for the lad. Holsworthy are a struggling side and he wouldn't benefit him football wise to go there.He is making impressions and soon a more established club will come knocking for him.

Can't see how it would be a bad move, better players better league and certainly better facilites. Holsworthy are a very well run club and can provide the highest of competition for the lad. Bude will not get any higher because there facilites aren't good enough. If the lad wants to play at an higher standard better to start at a club without the expectations of the big boys. Why the need to tell everyone ?

well Budes pitch at the moment is actually alot better than in recent years, we have always had a groundsman and spent alot of money on a new roller and is alot better surface however it has not been levelled out yet and yes Holsworthy are a very good club but to be honest are struggling in their league, gettin beat most weeks and have no ambition with very few local players, ones that are tend to be from Bude but i dont blame them for playing for Holsworthy because its a very good family club from my own experience. Billy has got a good team around him at Bude with a mixture of his Cornwall Youth champions team mates from last year and some other experinced players and we are looking to gain promotion this year however we are expecting alot of interest from other clubs, mostly down Cornwall.

Unless you have gained a groundsman a roller and levelled it from somewhere.........

Surely you can't compare Bude's pitch with Holsworthy?

If you have i must apoloigse because everytime i have been to Bude the pitch as been very poor.

have holworthy had there pitch altered,or is it still like climing a moutain down the bottom end,and a few years ago lots of teams were complaing about the surface,rutted etc :c:

ha ha foz you are quite right there but if i was you i would want him to leave too because we(Bude) could end up being one of your closer rivals and i think im right in saying that Billy is the leagues top goal scorer but i still think you will win it but im hoping we will finish runners up because we havnt played a taem yet that is better than us. However we have 2 big games in the next 2 weeks against st.stephens at home then yourselves away. Il be looking forward to it.

ha ha foz you are quite right there but if i was you i would want him to leave too because we(Bude) could end up being one of your closer rivals and i think im right in saying that Billy is the leagues top goal scorer but i still think you will win it but im hoping we will finish runners up because we havnt played a taem yet that is better than us. However we have 2 big games in the next 2 weeks against st.stephens at home then yourselves away. Il be looking forward to it.

How many goals does he have??Too be honest.....i hope he plays....dont want you having any excuses if you happen to lose!!Were lifton not better than you, when they beat you?!!If only your game against St Stephens borough was at there place, i would have popped over to watch as we dont have a fixture saturday!!Callington will be up there in the mix at end of the season, best side we have played against this season in the league!

i think he has 16 or 17 goals but i wasnt sure if the guy who plays up front for you lot had got more because he seems to score every game lol. well against lifton i didnt play because i was on holiday but i heard we didnt play well at all and they were a half decent side but taht we shud still have beaten them but i cant really judge them because i missed the game. Yeah we are hoping for 4 points in the next 2 games and to judge ourselves against the better teams in the league and yeah we played Callington away 2 weeks ago and drew 0-0 was quite even but they wasnt very good at the back, they have half of Bere Alstons players last year.

i think he has 16 or 17 goals but i wasnt sure if the guy who plays up front for you lot had got more because he seems to score every game lol. well against lifton i didnt play because i was on holiday but i heard we didnt play well at all and they were a half decent side but taht we shud still have beaten them but i cant really judge them because i missed the game. Yeah we are hoping for 4 points in the next 2 games and to judge ourselves against the better teams in the league and yeah we played Callington away 2 weeks ago and drew 0-0 was quite even but they wasnt very good at the back, they have half of Bere Alstons players last year.

Ross has 13 or 14...i think!!Will be a good game, im looking forward to it!

It seems Holsworthy are hoovering up what they can. Didn't 2 or possibly 3 leave Saltash ECPL team to go to Holsworthy. I'm not sure who but I think one was Gary Bottomly and another Lee Rundle or was irt Luke or I am wrong.

Guest ECPL Supporter

Don't know for sure but i was told Rundle had gone to Vospers, Bottomly to Mount Gold and Landricombe had signed for Holsworthy? Could be wrong though

I played against holesworthy's penisular priemier side this season for parkway and to be honest they were a poor side. They put in a lot of effort and for that they deserve a lot of credit but i would say they will continue to struggle.

As for your lad, recon its a bit of a catch 22. Ok better standard, but will he score goals with limitted service, is he gonna start or sit on the bench, and is 10 - 30 quid really worth sacrificeing his enjoyment or will he enjoy it there more anyway???

Would prefer it if he was available for bude vs parkway, im lookin forward to that one.

Guest The Old Man

I dont think the Bude changing rooms are anywhere near good enough if the club has any ambitions. In fact when we played there last season there was puddles of water and no lighting and the showers were CRAP!!!!

The young lad would only further his education playing at a higher league club...nonsense to say he wouldn't. Good luck to him, if he does, and any manager worth his salt would encourage him to step up.

Any manager worth his salt would encourage him to step up? what does that mean? If your saying Budes manager should encourage him to leave then you really dont know what your talking about to be fair, budes managers has had billy since he was 11 years old, like the rest of us. We all enjoy playing under him and together. Havent done to bad playing for Bude at the moment have we?

Bude will get promoted this year il put my neck on the line about that! We havent won every game weve played this year, only one defeat in lifton. But to be honest parkway wont win everygame all season, they will have a blip at some point. Bude carry on how they are playing at the moment were be top 2.

Any manager worth his salt would encourage him to step up? what does that mean? If your saying Budes manager should encourage him to leave then you really dont know what your talking about to be fair, budes managers has had billy since he was 11 years old, like the rest of us. We all enjoy playing under him and together. Havent done to bad playing for Bude at the moment have we?

Bude will get promoted this year il put my neck on the line about that! We havent won every game weve played this year, only one defeat in lifton. But to be honest parkway wont win everygame all season, they will have a blip at some point. Bude carry on how they are playing at the moment were be top 2.

We parkway havent been playing particularly well of late but its the ability to win when you dont play well that will get you promoted, making a claim like you have is very brave of you, and i admire your confidence, but dont right off St Stephens Borough or for that matter Callington, who having played against them saturday are the best team we have played this season...we didnt play well, and cally will feel they deserved at least a point, but we got all 3, that is football!!So maybe my point is..let your football do the talking, and not your mouth!!

let your football do the talking, and not your mouth!!

Im sure we will

Just seems like your righting bude off before you have even played them, didnt mean to come across over confident or big headed and after reading my post thats how it came across. Just iv watched bude every week this season as i broke my leg end of last season, and i just meant im confident in the ability at the club

let your football do the talking, and not your mouth!!

Im sure we will

Just seems like your righting bude off before you have even played them, didnt mean to come across over confident or big headed and after reading my post thats how it came across. Just iv watched bude every week this season as i broke my leg end of last season, and i just meant im confident in the ability at the club

We at parkway havent wrote anyone off least of all you boys at Bude, this is are first season in East Cornwall Football and every game for us is like going into the unknown....obviously you are entitled to your opinion and clearly Bude area good young side, but i think there are 5 teams who are gonna be challenging for promotion!!

Sorry to hear about the broken leg, iv done it twice and i know its not nice watching when you could be out there playing, hope your recovery goes well.

See you on the 1st November if the game doesnt get called off!

The lad is an excellent player and should aim to play at a higher level but only if he wants to.

If hes happy to enjoy his football playing for his hometown and try to get Bude promoted up into the SWPL then thats good as well.

However after playing against him he has some serious anger issues and was constantly trying to pick a fight with everyone. Also in earshot of 2 young bude supporters he threatened to use a certain kitchen utensil on our left winger. I told the Ref but as he never heard it there was nothing he could do about it.

anger issues ha? you having a laugh? ive played with Billy for 9 years now and hes only 17 and ever since then he has been attempted to be booted up in the air by the opposition because he is too quick and good for them, can you blame him if he gets a bit upset sometimes? hes 17 years old and lives in a quiet town somehow i think he is preety harmless, im thinking you dont know him very well.

Guest st george9

I dont know the lad but have to agree with foz06 ,is this one player the whole of the bude team?? i think he should see his season out at bude ,and then look at next season if he want to move up a level.

to many young players are quick to move on ,as soon as any team from a higher league show abit of intrest. if he is the superstar people say ,there will be more clubs then holsworthy banging down the door for him at the end of the season

Guest budeno4

Mark C:

a good player

yet didnt make cornwall last year! alot of hype can he step up to the plate

The only reason why he didn't get in the cornwall team last season is because no one looks up North Cornwall and all the players are picked in South Cornwall. But now that we won the Cornwall County Youth Cup Final we have been recognized up in Bude and now 2 players of ours are in the team, Liam Sandercock and Billy Hopcorft! So you can judge him on this!

Well Bude No4, for the record, 3 or 4 Bude players were invited to last years trials and didn't turn up.

A story was written in the Independent regarding the absence of Bude players and moaning in the same vein as you. David Bray then issued a statement to the paper stating the facts and contacted someone at Bude who had to admit that it was not the CCFA's fault that the players concerned did not turn up to the trials.

With Bude having such a good U-16 side at the time we were surprised and disappointed that they weren't there.

This year to avoid the same thing happening we made a special effort to make sure the Bude contingent attended and subsequently 2 players, Liam Sandercock and Billy Hopcroft both made the starting 11.

If you want to have a pop please feel free, but at least have the manners to get your facts straight!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fozzy888

from wot i hear from a good resource is that, he is wanted by truro.

all the best to him as he is a good young player and also a good lad all the best

:clapper: :thumbsup:

Guest fozzy888

from wot i hear from a good resource is that, he is wanted by truro.

all the best to him as he is a good young player and also a good lad all the best

:clapper::thumbsup:

Truro's first team or 2nd team?

First team, to be honest having played a high standard myself and with billy am not sure if he his there yet but if he keep working hard, he could play that standard easy and even higher which truro will be :thumbsup:

Now you've told me about his anger management, he sounds just right for the Tinners.

Bude being just up the road, it's high time there was a 7 day approach from St Just for this young man. I shall have a very serious word with Steve Curnow about this. If I were still in the secretary's seat, two return journeys to Bude every weekend would be no problem and I'm sure my commitment will be replicated in those who follow me. Clearly anybody else who is serious should be offering him at least £150 a game. What's the matter with you border clubs now ? Have you no ambition ? Show us your wallets ! :blink: :thumbsup:

youve clearly gone over board. granted the kids got potential but not 150 quids wrth at the age of 18. okay hes got a scoring record in what the bottom east cornwall league which has about 3 decent teams in it.

Couldnt agree more Mark C!! 150 quid is ridiculous one of my good friends plays for truro's 1st team as you well know........he scores goals for fun and has done at all levels he has played at....when Billy Hopcroft starts doing that in a league more competitve than East Cornwall One, then you can start talking about money....150 quid is ridiculous look more in the region of 20-35 quid to start with!

Guest st george9

foz06 i agree with you.i think that why there are alot of poor teams in the top divisions now ,as the players come straight from youth football and end up in the top league ..what happen to the days of working you way up and prove you can do it year in year out at diffrent levels?? he look a good player but not in the £100 pound bracket...

I think the post about offering him £150 a game was a bit tongue in cheek, unless I have missed something?!?!

Off topic i know, but i see you boys had a good result at the weekend foz!! Do you know who you are playing in the next round yet??

I think the post about offering him £150 a game was a bit tongue in cheek, unless I have missed something?!?!

Off topic i know, but i see you boys had a good result at the weekend foz!! Do you know who you are playing in the next round yet??

Yeah it was a good result Spod, we didnt start great, but we got there in the end!The bloody wind coming in from the sea was ridiculous and definately didnt help either side, but we deservedly went through in the end!

The fourth Round draw was done on monday and we couldnt have got a harder tie!We drew Galmpton Gents who are currently top of the Peninsula East Division, away on the 6th December!!Looking forward to it big time...and if we have luck on our side that day, then who knows what will happen!