Cornwall Football Forum

St stephans v tavistock

Guest kamali

i have just retrned from watching tavistock take on st stephans. Tavistock were all over st stephans. They missed a pen and hit the crossbar before the st stephans striker was taken to hospital with possibly a broken ankle i wish him all the best and hope it is not as bad as it seemed at first. What i will say is the standard of refereing in this game. Absolutely appalling. I would not allow this ref to take charge of my grandson school match. He was a disgrace to the men in black. I am all for this respect the ref thing but it has to work both ways. Some of the things that he said to both sets of players were really disrespectful. St stephans scored from a free kick that should never have been and then tavistock had a perectly good goal disallowed for offside. the no9 was miles onside but the ref disallowed it. Good game by the players on both teams appalling from the ref. St stehans 1 - 0 tavistock :SM_carton: to the ref!!!!

NOTHING LIKE A BIT OF BISED REPORTING, EH?

ACCORDING TO TWO SEPARATE PRESS REPORTS; BOTH TEAMS BATTLED WELL. NO MENTION OF TOUGH DECISIONS MADE BY THE OFFICIAL APART FROM A PENALTY AWARDED TO TAVY WHICH PAUL MISSED.

WHY WAS NONE OF THIS MENTIONED IN THE ORIGINAL POSTING ?

NO, IT WASN'T ME IN THE MIDDLE BEFORE YOU ASK !!

It was a good game as i said both teams were competative what i was trying to say was that way he spoke to both sets of players was appalling. This season the fa have brought in this thing about respect for the refs. Its a great idea and i am all for it but the refs have to show a certain amoun of respect back to the players. This ref did not do his. He was disrespectful to both sets of players. Tavistock and st stephans put on a good show for the spectators only the ref with his disrespectful remarks spoiled it. I am not slating refs cause there are many good refs in this league but this one let the rest of you down.

Kamali, of course the referee was appalling we all are or hadn`t you noticed, I have looked on the list and if he was as appointed then I will treat your comments as the usual uninformed rubbish.

Of course referees are never wrong there decisions are always right and they do not treat players like children???? :P respect works both ways!! oh and by the way i dont think you were there!!!!! :lol:

Yes gats I have found out already this season how this respect thing works, I have to take all the abuse but it`s me that has to show respect to the players, I literally had a player/manager keep on shouting at me that "I had to show respect" and believe you me I bent over backwards to keep his team on the pitch and playing football.

I agree, it´s about time the referees showed some respect to managers and players! :D

This whole thing about respect is becoming a bit of a joke. If referees were allowed to be human, and not having to be robotic creatures, afraid to show any common sense and self-enjoyment for fear of assessors commenting and subsequently marking down, everyone would get on a whole lot better! Everyone should lighten up a little! :drink: