Cornwall Football Forum

How far can City go?

None by the looks of things! Perhaps they're not use to a forum working!!! :D

But seriously, it's Yate Town in the next round (1st Qual Rd), at home. Although they are currently in the play off places in Southern Premier, I don't see why Truro shouldn't go in with confidence of reaching the next round.

That's when the Conference South and North boys come in, and perhaps that's when the luck of the darw might come in handy to secure a 3rd Qual Rd place.

Yet again - another piece of fine rhetoric from the illustrious 'Plainmoor'.

Where would we be without his invective and incisive comments on the rise of Truro City FC..??

Probably a lot better off..

I think he should get back to 'Plainmoor' - the crowds at Torquay are in serious decline - they need his help.

About 4,000 less for their last home game than Exeter City had..!!

I have said it before 'Plainmoor' - the day when Truro City beat Torquay in a League match is rapidly approaching - and like many, many other City faithfulls - I will be there to see it...!!

Guest fish30018260

Where would we be without his invective and incisive comments on the rise of Truro City FC..??

I think he should get back to 'Plainmoor' - the crowds at Torquay are in serious decline - they need his help.

I have said it before 'Plainmoor' - the day when Truro City beat Torquay in a League match is rapidly approaching - and like many, many other City faithfulls - I will be there to see it...!!

cant wait for that! :c:

Guest plainmoor

See the other post under the swpl forum Mr. Wrong don't know it all, haven't got a bloody clue.

60% of the attendance

60% of 83 = 49ish! :D

But Dave, that's 49ish who made a 550 mile round trip for a step 4 league match, and no more than 34ish who could be bothered to walk down the road to support Hayes!

Our away league matches alone will clock up 9416 miles - and there are some who will travel every mile.

GOOD ON YOU LADS :thumbsup:

60% of the attendance

I was in fact trying to be helpful to those that didn't know what the attendance was! Just stating 60% of the attendance didn't really mean much at all.

As for the comment about how many turned up from Hayes. Who cares? Does it really matter about what other clubs get? No, and to be honest, it's not worth even trying to compare! :D

As for the comment about how many turned up from Hayes. Who cares? Does it really matter about what other clubs get? No, and to be honest, it's not worth even trying to compare! :D

Dave, Your above comment amazes me because it does matter, all over the country we have similar 'struggling' clubs like Hayes and they shouldn't be, Hayes have apart from the first and second teams a youth set up for the following age groups U18, U17, U16, U15, U14, U13, U12, U11, U10, U9, U8, U7, I don't know how many teams in each group but it provides 100's of youngsters with a game of football AND THEIR PARENTS with time to do other things whilst the club coaches are "BABYSITTING" their offspring but WHERE ARE THEY? NOT SUPPORTING THE PARENT CLUB, surely it is not asking too much to expect the parents and youth players to attend a senior game once a fortnight and support the organisation that makes things possible.

At Hayes, I got the same feeling at Windsor, these clubs would not exist without the older generation working their socks off fighting an uphill battle, I had my City scarf and Kernow flag, I walked into the Hayes ground and the decay hit you, here were Mr Heaneys superstars competing against a club who find it hard to afford a tin of paint, the gap is frightening for the good of the game. I couldn't fly the flag in the face of those who do so much for so little so I put it into my pocket, it was a little embarrassing to be honest.

Dave on these forums WE ARE ALL FOOTBALL PEOPLE so the good of the game is dear to us, I'm in my 70's so each footballing season is a bonus :) I believe that in every county the same problems exist but for how long? There are more youngsters getting better coaching than ever before but if the Senior clubs go to the wall where will they go then, it wouldn't be long before individual eagerness began to decline.

I have said this before - At Weekends,

I would rather hear the BUZZ OF THE CROWD

than the HUM of the LAWNMOWER.

I would like to see a united National Campaign by all involved in Non League football to enlighten the youth teams parents what is at stake by not supporting their local village, town or city clubs.

Guest Man on the Post

Spot on Mountaineer. :thumbsup:

I cannot understand anyone who says they don't care about attendances at other clubs. Atendances need to improve for the long-term health of the game.

Guest City Legend

Mountaineer - I undertand the sentiments but I think it is a bit much to "expect" the youth teams' players to support the first team.

I know quite a few that go to see Truro but most young boys and girls are understandably much more intrested in playing than in watching and also football isn't necessarily the passion of their parents.

Perhaps the first team should occasionaly be present at the youth games and therefore engender a relationship that fosters more interest from the youth and the parents.

We would all like more players and parents to be watching the game but you need to look a bit wider to the whole community in terms of generating support for any club.

Leg.

City Legend - We met briefly when I was down in Truro at a time when communication was a little on the back-burner, now blessed with a cash flow City are the envy of other non league clubs, as you know that wasn't always the case, those sad days could easily return without the current backing.

As I have mentioned many times I am 72 years old, I have been involved with teams from many levels of football from 1st Division (Now Premiership) to Sunday League and youth, all those years of work, in some cases gone to the wall because of lack of support, the point I was making in my recent post was the parent club may not always be there, once the foundations start to crumble it is not too long before the rest could come tumbling down.

Truro City's rapid rise has taken me back to places where, when visited in the past, oozed prosperity, clubs on a firm footing not strapped for cash, many of them now find it hard to make ends meet, some Southern League clubs have gone on record as saying that their seasons profit will be wiped out conveying their team to one fixture, that is their visit to Truro City. sad when you think level 4 is not too far down the pyramid ladder.

I have always looked on sport as the lynch-pin to cement relations within a community, healthy competition created friendships that extended beyond the sports field, a pride in the area we lived, in the past there was much more communication than today when the majority haven't the time to care.

If too many continue their insular way of life the people and what they rely on to amuse their children may no longer be there. It is a national disease, as you say kids like to play football and not all parents are into football but what a shame the kids are dragged off so their parents do what they want but deprive their children valuable time to spend with those they have so much in common with.

Only this week the government have publicised spending millions showing kids how to do a stir fry, surely it would be much more healthy to spend the money encouraging people to use the facilities that already exist to exercise for healthier living.

60% of the attendance

I was in fact trying to be helpful to those that didn't know what the attendance was! Just stating 60% of the attendance didn't really mean much at all.

Dave's RIGHT he doesn't care, we have put our reasons for caring , it would be interesting to know his for NOT.