Cornwall Football Forum

predictions for mining one

He we go, You Portreath boys had money last season...blah blah blah....Daz...shouldn't have mentioned money.

Trevenson or Troon for me though TMS always there or there abouts possible outsiders Illogan,lots of faces at training so I heard...

Guest whirlwind

my money is on troon, they got that lad back from culdrose, the one with the bent nose...... Jamie 'you nose it' Marles !!! plus he's one of the famous falmouth trons !!!

Guest bundithegreat

i would say storm, good club going places and some good guys there but also like baggie says threemilestone are always top 3!!!!

trevenso have good chance if consistant and then you have gulval dependant on what players they have this year!!!!

Guest omerta

very very early days to make predictions but played Storm last weekend a very tidy side organised and disciplined who played good football 3 players stood out. The keeper,the coloured lad Simon upfront(scored all 3 Storm goals-inc2 freekicks from outside the area and box to box midfielder jeweller?. if they can keep they 3 wont be too far away come May

very very early days to make predictions but played Storm last weekend a very tidy side organised and disciplined who played good football 3 players stood out. The keeper,the coloured lad Simon upfront(scored all 3 Storm goals-inc2 freekicks from outside the area and box to box midfielder jeweller?. if they can keep they 3 wont be too far away come May

omerta the box to box jeweller is adam jewell and he is signed for trevenson and very much part of our plans ,

troon are going to be strong

tms are always a good side

robartes will always be a threat

should be good battle this year without portreath. :)

tms,troon,trevenson

trevenson looked class in the later part of the season when we played them

tms have never finished less then 3rd in mining 1 and have finally got a s**t hot striker

troon i have heard by mouth now on here that they have alot of money and they were very good last year aswell when we played them gonna be a very strong league this season

I think it's got to be Troon for me who are looking as though they are assembling a talented squad and the one big difference this year that nobody has mentioned is the fact that they have appointed Reno (ex Holmans 1st team manager)as the man in charge who will undoubtetedly be a major asset up on the hill.

I think the usual suspects of Threemilestone and Storm will make it interesting and if Illogan can show some consistency and transfer their cup form into league form they could end up being the dark horses

The box to box midfielder was me?

Ha Ha ha! :yahoo:

No it was a change of tactic. I had work and didn't play, Matt drpped back from up front to play in the middle, Solly moved up front from the wing etc etc etc/. Well, that's what the lads told me.

hi guys,

i played 45 minutes on saturday, not to sure about box to box, played the fatso role and

just stayed on the centre spot.

really enjoyed it and hoping to get fit for the coming season.

as for predictions heard troon are strong this year, but i think the usual suspects will be up there.

good luck to all teams

lee jewell

Wrong title. Should be "Predictions for Mining One, Who will buy it?".

Trevenson, surely not, after losing 6 nil to the team that got RELEGATED at the end of last season.

Good luck to all, and the best of luck to all you guys that pay and play to enjoy.

I think you will find mangle that "officially" Trevenson didn't lose that game as it was declared abandoned and Trevenson were awarded the points which you should be rather glad about otherwise it would have meant Gulval were relegated!!!!!

Trevenson will be in the mix at the top of the table i'm sure but what about the new boys promoted from Div 2 that is Four Lanes if cowper has stayed he will be a handful for any defence and they are a bit of an unknown quantity

Robartes may be strong withl the goal machine that is Nick Mill but at the end of the day it will be the team that is the most consistent and doesn't drop any silly points come the wind and rain during the winter.

Think Troon and tms will be up there, also buryan will be in the mix as well, a lot of very good players up there likes of gareth may, gavin edwards, and neil stephens who have all been combo and above in the last few years. Thanks to bundi for the mention of gulval, but we're still trying to rebuild a side, and a mid table finish would do us fine, rather than last seasons great escape!!! :D

Personally I wouldn't rule Illogan out. They are consistant and sometimes the first team may effect their options, but like already said, they have great cup form, getting into both finals last season in the league cups. If they can settle a squad they will be a strong team. They may not win the league but could be one of those teams that effects who does. Lets just hope there isn't a runaway winner this season (unless it's us of course...hehe) and that it is an exciting season for everyone!

NO IM SURE ITS ADAM JEWELL I THINK LEE'S DAYS OF BOX TO BOX HAVE GONE M8<GOOD LAD IN HIS DAY THOUGH>.

Just watch Lee Jewell's movement off the ball........ creates himslef time and space so he doesn't need to be box to box. I rate him as a top player as well as person!

And although we would all love to have Adam in our squad he will probably never leave Trevenson. I think he is settled there and happy, it's a good club. Any new signings Neal?

It's great to see Troon are being spoken about for the right reasons :D Your right Pitty with Reno on board hopefully that will give us the extra push to take the club back to senior football. I'm not to sure where the moneys coming into it though,but hey. As for winning the league I think like everyone we're a while off that yet, I feel strom will be the 1s to watch! ;)