Cornwall Football Forum

Transfer Rumours

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You Spuds crack me up!

You win one second-class trophy this season since God-knows-when and you think you're about to conquer the world!

Where did you finish in the league? :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

still embarrassing to lose 5-1 isn't it??

and no, i'm not a spurs fan!!

cleary he is :yahoo:

no i support a team thats won something this year unlike arsenal

your a typical arsenal fan still goes on after winning nothing and dont take any ones opinion, just makes excuses hang on are you arsene wenger by any chance?

Arsenal: we win trophies other teams can only dream about...

since when have you won any trophies in the past 3 years?

The latest creative addition in Juande Ramos's rejuvenated squad next season appears to be in place.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/overs...mp;TEAMHD=spain

Can anybody tell me anyhting about this lad?. I've been on the Barcelona website and it seems that their supporters are not too happy that the lad is leaving and especially at the price he's being sold for.

Also, anybody know anything about this other guy please?.

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/Foo...inked-to-Spurs/

Finally, YET ANOTHER keeper linked, surely we wouldn't consider this guy for this price when there have to be better keepers available for that price or even cheaper?.

http://www.eatsleepsport.com/articles/742160.html

yes your right a manchester fan.

who won the two biggest domestic trophies in the world

so now i bid you farewell cause im not gonna waste my time debating with a someone whos team has won nothing all season and int he past 3 years.

coopsie...

i can tell you that geovani dos santos is the centre midfiled equivilent to bojan for barcelona

both were in the youth and reserve squad roughly the same age and breakthroughs in young talent throughout the world!

could be buy of the season for spurs even though he is young.

dont know much about garcia heard hes good.

know nothing about that keeper im afriad

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3654140,00.html

not looking good for united

coopsie...

i can tell you that geovani dos santos is the centre midfiled equivilent to bojan for barcelona

both were in the youth and reserve squad roughly the same age and breakthroughs in young talent throughout the world!

could be buy of the season for spurs even though he is young.

Mark C, thankyou very much sir :c: . I'm really baffled because apart from his excessive wage demands to Barcelona (which can't have been that high if a club with Tottenham's well publicised tight wage structure can afford to pay what he wants), I have read absolutely nothing but reports about how good this kid is and how in just a few seasons he COULD be one of the best players in the world..

Almost all Barcelona supporters are gutted from what I've seen on their website, so how on earth have we managed to APPARANTLY (don't believe anything until you see him on the Spurs website with a Spurs shirt on) sign this lad for a fee that will rise no higher than £7.9million??

Bad for United if he does go.

Bad for football in this country as well - it will take away a fantastic talent.

Bad for football as a whole - Madrid's behaviour has been disgraceful and they will probably get away with it as well. :SM_carton_y:

Obviously a massive blow to United, IF he goes! As far as Sky Sports are reporting, it's still one of those "my best mate's, milkman's, postman's said....." type thing, and all he's said supposedly is "he'd like to play for Real Madrid", well to be honest, wouldn't we all, doesn't mean it's gonna happen though (I have got me trial next week though!!!! :drink: ).

Definitely a fantastic talent, and probably the best player in the world at the moment, but I really couldn't care less where he plays, whether it be in this country or Spain or Italy. In actual fact, all the Man Utd 'armchair' fans will probably be able to see more of hero, as 90% of Real's games are live on Sky Sports!!

Madrid haven't behaved any different to how any other giant of European football acts, I hope we are all not naive enough to think that they are the only club in Europe to 'tap' a player up on the quiet!

Guest mariner

He'd be better off at the Emirates. Far better football is played there... :yahoo:

But wenger wouldnt want him, he is british not french :yahoo::lol: :yahoo:

Guest crosser

Madrid haven't behaved any different to how any other giant of European football acts, I hope we are all not naive enough to think that they are the only club in Europe to 'tap' a player up on the quiet!

its not exactly on the quiet though is it??

Guest Helston Patriot

Some right bitchy-ness on this thread.. Some people act like they actually play/manage/own Arsenal/Man U etc.. Christ its a hobby not life or death (unless your watching @ Galatasaray)

HP your wrong pal.

If you think,I go and follow Spurs as a hobby,you aint got a clue.

Its not everything in my life.But it certainly a massive part,

and is not a hobby.

Thats why people get bitchy[as you call it] the simple reason is

they care passionatly about the team they follow.

When people slag your team off,you reply and defend your side.

True sopporters.

Guest Helston Patriot

Don't get me wrong its a good thread but some drift from topic like on many other threads. Somersetspur don't get so defensive, i am a true supporter of my club...i actually go and watch them!!! Bought tickets just last week!

Ronaldo will go to Madrid, it'll be confirmd after euro 2008.. Hopefully Mr Wenger will buy some Home grown talent for a change...I hear Darrent Bent is for sale........... bargin at £15m :D

Also apparantly almost sealed Diego Capel from sevilla for £12.5million, 20 year old LEFT WINGER (About fu****g time) who is supposedly faster than Lennon but can actually pass, cross and shoot..

This guy is mustard! He will be the best signing of the summer if they get him.

Guest Luffy

Spurs are certainly putting their money where their mouths are by signing players left right and centre, should be interesting when they start selling to balance the books, then we will see the ambition they have.

Arsenal have signed another young player who will be decent addition to their squad in say 5 or 6 years or when he comes out of primary school. It will be interesting to see if they sign any adult players over the age of puberty.

Man Utd will be quiet on the transfer front for a bit until they see if Madrid will lure away Ronnie for a sum of at least 50 million, then Utd will start spending possibly sign Tevez before his handler gets an offer he can not refuse and sells him to a camel dealer in the Middle East. It will be interesting to see if Santa Cruz goes to Old Trafford, however, they will need to replace at least three players, Ronnie who will be on his hols in Spain, Scholes who will be on his way to a retirement home in Blackpool and Giggs who will be entering a stud farm after hanging his boots up, then of course Fergie will have to ensure that Mrs Rooney will let Mr Rooney out to play every Saturday once she has him chained to the vacuum cleaner and kitchen sink.

Liverpool will buy as many players as they can so they can stick them on Raffa's merry-go-round and hope that they will pick up some success in the Champions League, or they could always ask their American owners to see if they could not pick up a couple of first draft footballers from the NFL these lads understand the meaning of spending more time on the bench than actually on the field.

Then there is the Mighty Blues, who have lulled everyone into a false sense of security by deliberately not appointing a manager, until at least a month before the season, I am waiting with baited breath to see who will follow Deputy Dog, and before him Midas who was that special everything he touched turned to gold except of course the owners opinion of his type of football. It seems that Italians are the flavour of the month which could mean the lads are going to have to eat even more pasta for pre match meals than they are now, however after the first match in the Euros an Italian in charge does not seem so appealing unless you own a rest home then you can always employ the Italian defence they will certainly fit in with the age group concerned. Drogba is on his way out whilst Shevi is staying, Roman needs a shoe shiner, Lampard and co well we will have to see how much cash they will be offered or will the lure of the special ones aftershave be too much for them.

One thing will be certain as soon as the new man is at the helm he will be given more money to spend than a medium sized African country and with that the team will be fighting on all fronts once again, which will hopefully give us supporters a chance for glory which we did not have this year, yes like Arsenal we did not win a Trophy but unlike them at least we went all the way.

It is clear that the top four will strengthen and the rest will push to close the gap, and in the end the best team will win the league. Can not wait!!!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :clapper:

I think drogba will go but cant see many others leaving now that big phil has come in,they are also being reported that big p will have a 100 million kitty to get new players so i reckon villa will be the first big name to be signed by big p followed by deco.

Ferguson has some brass to come out and complain about Real Madrid.

He forgets about Wayne Rooney, Owen Hargreaves, Ruud Van Nistelrooy. Fergie thinks he can do what he wants and get away with what he wants, which unfortunatly 95% of the time he can, how on earth he never had the book thrown at him for his comments about the referee after (was it the Chelsea game) 1 game, I'll never know, Warnock or Wenger would have a long ban.

As for signing players, the cost of English or British players is a joke, £15m Liverpool have had turned down for Gareth Barry, jesus christ!!!!

Arsenal have bought Ramsey for £5m or something, won't play for a couple of years and then sink into obscurity no doubt

dont think santa cruz wud fit in to be honest

would love to see benzema in a united shirt i rate him to be the next best striker but once again him and huntelaar ( man u targets) declare a drea to play for real!

this is getting boring why dont they just all go to real make a league dedicated to them and have real A B C D squads play eachother

oh and untied signed italys next totti yesterday!!

Spurs are certainly putting their money where their mouths are by signing players left right and centre, should be interesting when they start selling to balance the books, then we will see the ambition they have.

Spurs DON'T need to balance the books. We've got money to burn and then more to come in when the deadwood (Gardner,Young-Pyo,Stalteri,Ghaly,Tainio,Zokora,Jenas) and wantaways (Chimpbonda,Berbastrop) are shipped out.

We are by far the wealthiest club outside the top 4 and unlike all but one of those teams, we have NO DEBT. So that particular statement is totally pointless.

As is the statement about "signing players left right and centre".. We've made THREE signings, the 1st being Bostock (16 year old who is already aware that he will be with the reserves next season but may get a run out or two in the league cup), the 2nd being Modric and the 3rd being Dos Santos. So 2 players brought in to strengthen the 1st team, hardly signing players left right and centre, wouldn't you agree?.

Guest Luffy

Spurs DON'T need to balance the books. We've got money to burn and then more to come in when the deadwood (Gardner,Young-Pyo,Stalteri,Ghaly,Tainio,Zokora,Jenas) and wantaways (Chimpbonda,Berbastrop) are shipped out.

We are by far the wealthiest club outside the top 4 and unlike all but one of those teams, we have NO DEBT. So that particular statement is totally pointless.

As is the statement about "signing players left right and centre".. We've made THREE signings, the 1st being Bostock (16 year old who is already aware that he will be with the reserves next season but may get a run out or two in the league cup), the 2nd being Modric and the 3rd being Dos Santos. So 2 players brought in to strengthen the 1st team, hardly signing players left right and centre, wouldn't you agree?.

Just saying that spurs are looking to improve their side and have ambitious of breaking into the top four, however, as with most clubs if you wish to balance the books and not go into debt then players have to be sold, this is basic book keeping. I expect to see further signings at White hart Lane - and my comment left right and centre was maybe a little over the top. Will be interesting to see who he does get in next? Defence maybe a priority, also I gather from your comment u are not a fan of Jenas, which means that we certainly agree on one thing, I think he is over rated, u maybe able to sell the above players for approx 45 million with Berbastrop(as you put it) going for between 15 - 18 mil or do you think spurs want more?

If Utd want him spurs will probably get £20m for him, anyhow, plenty of booty in your war chest, this is what I mean by balancing the books. Ramos will probably be able to spend around another £30m without anyone dipping into their pockets at the club.

As with the boys in blue, £100m+ will be our war chest this year, however, it does not guarrentee that we will be able to buy who we want, many of our targets are at clubs who would rather cut their right arms off before selling to Chelsea.

Now that Drogba wants to stay around, Phil may only need to bring in one further forward, to replace the peruvian who will be off to Germany. I expect Maka to go back to France ( with a huge thank you from all us Chelsea fans for his services) along with Malouda who is a waste of space at the moment, does not seem to be interested in the way he performs, even for his country. Wright- Phillips could also be on his way which is a shame, along with Boularouz (can not spell his name), and I expect there could be a couple of other player off loaded, not for the cash they can bring in but to make space for the new arrivals. Villa, or Eto could be both? not sure on that one, Kaka would be nice but I can not see Milan selling him, Deco I think is a definate, but Ronaldhnio unsure Phil would have to work some magic to get him back on track, if he can then he would be a good signing. After that your guess is better than mine?

Firstly Luffy mate, You're spot on about how Spurs's defence must surely be a priority. Hopefully this link is a clear indication that Ramos agrees with us?.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/...p;TEAMHD=soccer

As for Jenas, you say you see him as "overrated".. Stop being so bloody nice mate and say what we surely all must think. "He has a hell of an engine on him and is probably the best player in the Premiership when it comes to being a box to box player BUT he CAN'T pass, he CAN'T shoot and he'll never reach his potential"..

Consider the fact that Spurs paid some £8million for him as one of the most promising players in the country at 19 years old and now he's 24 or 25 years old and he hasn't progressed at all. Surely he's had long enough to prove that he just isn't going to get any better?. OR maybe Ramos can finally make the lad get some consistency in his game?. There must be something in his game because he's constantly picked by his manager, whether that be at club or International level. He started and scored in Capellos first game in charge and Capello openly said he was gutted that Jenas had to withdraw from the last selected squad.

My worry is that we have another player like Jenas, his name is Lennon. The lad can run like Forrest Gump chasing a naked Jenny across hot coals BUT unfortunately he can't even cross his fingers let alone a ball and he couldn't even pass the parcel, the useless midget.

So to Berbastrop, when Ramos took over, he said "The british transfer record would have to be broken" if a team wanted to get Berba from Tottenham. I believe the record is £30million(ish), so a bid of £31million was what it was rumoured would be needed.It now appears that between £25million+30million would secure his services for a club in this country and a bid between £20million+25million would secure him for a club abroad. Personally I think that if we can get a bit of a bidding war going and get between £20million+£30million for the sulky genius, we should take it and run. Mustn't forget that the guy only cost £10.9million just two short years ago, so to get over 100% profit would once again represent some superb business.

As for your beloved Chelsea mate, I see what you're getting at with the £100million war chest BUT don't they spend that every summer? ;) .. just kidding fella.. I can see Deco being in a blue shirt next season (Lampard elsewhere?), Ronaldinho is not a totally crazy idea and Mr Abramovic wanted to do anything possible to sign the guy 2 years ago BUT Jose Mourinho didn't want him, so maybe the interest will resurface?.

If you're willing to let Wright-Phillips go to pastures new, how about a swap of Wright-Phillips and Joe Cole for Lennon, Ghaly, Zokora, Robinson, Dawson, Tainio, Gardner, Young Pyo, Chimbonda, Jenas, Stalteri, Rocha??? :thumbsup: