Cornwall Football Forum

Important win for Chacewater tonight after 3 losses to Mawnan this season.

A lot of character shown too when after leading at half-time,we went 2-1 down in a 5 minute spell early in the second half.A good game of end to end football,especially in the second half.Mawnan always competitive until a fourth goal right at the death.

Guest mariner

Looks like to many games for the ageing mawnan side has paid the price thought they might find it difficult on ports big pitch athletic aint gonna give up thats for sure if we win our remaining 4 games we will take the title lets see what happens

Guest spurs03

watched a very good game tonight.mawnan v chasewater. feel a bit sorry for mawnans goalkeeper,first fifteen both sides even, mawnan looked more likely to score but chasewaters defence played well,2 very good chances for both teams but not taken, then chasewater took 1-0 halve time lead.second halve mawnan

came out and played very well and equalised, from then on I always thought that if mawnan took the lead they would win,they did get 2-1 up then it all happened the goalkeeper through the ball straight to a chase player on the edge of the box and they worked a opening for a very well taken goal. the game became very

open and you knew there would be more goals but to which team, chace went down the left wing worked the ball to the goal line player put a firm cross low into the box goalkeeper had a bread and butter catch but let it roll between his legs for a easy tap in for rodney, the game was end to end, then a through ball to the chacewater attack goal keeper came running out ( which he had no need to )went to kick the ball but missed

it and the attacker only had to guid the ball into an empty net. but all credit to mawan and chacewater for a very open and enjoyable game. well done

Guest Spenny

I agree with mariner for once....... i think mawnan made a mistake taking us down to such a big pitch when their average age is a lot higher than chacewater's. Think they ran out of steam a bit after we made it 2 each. All credit to both sides, great game to play in with both sides giving everything.

Good win for you athletic boys which keeps it all going, maybe all the way to the last game at our place.

I could be the slowest player to win the league twice in three years ever.... im so lucky might go buy a lottery ticket...

I agree with mariner for once....... i think mawnan made a mistake taking us down to such a big pitch when their average age is a lot higher than chacewater's. Think they ran out of steam a bit after we made it 2 each. All credit to both sides, great game to play in with both sides giving everything.

Good win for you athletic boys which keeps it all going, maybe all the way to the last game at our place.

I could be the slowest player to win the league twice in three years ever.... im so lucky might go buy a lottery ticket...

disagree with you spenny, mawnan had no choice but to play on that pitch because theirs is now unavailable due to the cricket season, it didnt look to be down to the average age difference but a couple of individual mistakes, when mawnan went two one up i thought there would only be one winner, and as they have proved before they are easily capable of beating a "younger" side on a number times this season (including junior cup game against chace played at penryn) was a good game that all players involved in worked very hard but the only reason chacewater won was because of mistakes not lack of fitness/too many years on their side. mawnan will now be kicking themselves after making three or four big mistakes throughout the season which could of allowed them to have the league tied up by now.

Guest helstons14

Helston did themselves proud against Athletic, given that we had a severely depleted side. We were the better side in the first half but Jeffers had a fluke right on half time! The second goal killed us off and after that it showed who were the most match-fit side as Athletic put in two more. Credit to Athletic who finished well, enjoyable game to play in.

Guest spurs03

helston14 well done mate you said what you thought and you praised athletic for there win, but you know that iamthebest would have a dig. some people just like to stir. good on ya

Not having a dig, Just stating the facts and to be honest I very much expect Helston if they can stick together this summer to be top two next season fantastic young side with great team spirit, was morley playing last nite

Spurs care to reveal your self young man

Guest helstons14

He was either working or on holiday iamthebest, can't remember exactly. Cheers for the compliment too, just wish we had the side we do now at the start of the season.

Guest Spenny

super saints.... i know that Mawnan cant play on their own pitch, all i meant was that why pick the biggest, furthest away from chacewater they could find!!!! I could have found you half a dozen nearer pitches that would have been available on a thursday night!!

I agree with you that mawnan will be kicking themselves about the couple of mistakes they made last night, but i think that all the teams at the top... st kev ,fal ath and chace can all point to certain mistakes they have made during the season which could have made all the difference.

Thats the beauty of football hey.....

Guest mariner

super saints.... i know that Mawnan cant play on their own pitch, all i meant was that why pick the biggest, furthest away from chacewater they could find!!!! I could have found you half a dozen nearer pitches that would have been available on a thursday night!!

I agree with you that mawnan will be kicking themselves about the couple of mistakes they made last night, but i think that all the teams at the top... st kev ,fal ath and chace can all point to certain mistakes they have made during the season which could have made all the difference.

Thats the beauty of football hey.....

Cant believe im about to agrre with speeny who for once is talking sense mistakes cost us last sat against u boys u just wish they come in games when 4,5 up gutted

Guest helstons14

We had pretty much the same young players at the start of the season, just added our more experienced players towards the latter stages, such as Clayton Reynolds, Tom Russell and Nathan Radbone. Tony Morley also got his lethal shooting boots on once he regained match fitness. (None of the mentioned were there last night). The teams bound to change a bit for next season but the nucleas should stay in the club which can only be good.

Guest Spenny

Mawnan scorers were Steve Winnan and Alex whatshisname (big set lad played left back but think playswide or up front usually)

Guest geachy1

steve winnan played for mawnan is that the same steve winnan who plays falmouth town combo.

what is it with all these junior team bringing in senior players .

are the teams that do it not convident enough in there own players in big games.

i bet people will give the excuse of players shortage but teams like mawnan falmouth athletic etc all have reserve sides.