Lee Gillette (St Agnes)

Rob Hoskin (Firebrigade)

Darren Murrish (St Agnes)

Nigel Brabyn(Perranwell)

Dave Keverene (St Agnes)

Mark Wade (Hayle)

Steve Kemp (St Agnes)

Kayne Trevaskis (Helston)

Mark Rapsey (Everywhere!!!!!) (If he gets there at all owing to Veterans Final)

We know a couple are injured and a couple have yet to confirm so expect there be be some fluidity in the teams.....

There is a veterans game at 11am, youth game at 1.30pm, raffle and auction and because Mark Rapsey is now unavailable owing to the Veterans Final at Roche there will be a 'Cross Bar Challenge' at 2.45pm.

Prizes for Auction include...........

Matt Le Tissier signed Southampton long sleeved home shirt.

Matt Le Tissier signed England Shorts.

Joe Hart (Man City and England U21 Keeper) has signed a pair of his personal gloves.

Bristol City signed shirt.

Plymouth Argyle signed ball.

Signed Bob Wilson Book

Signed Peter Shilton (Something not sure what yet)

A night for two at the Donnington Guest House in Truro.

1.5 ltr bottle of whiskey

Meal for two at the wonderful Schooners Restaurant St Agnes

Cricket Bat signed by 2007 Kent County Squad

Huge signed picture of Kent & England Cricketer Martin Saggers

Three images of St. Michaels Mount in a giclee' print, framed and glazed, 24 x 10 inches. The print is signed by the local and international artist, Terry Burgess.

A Body Board

Car MOT at Sevenmilestone Garage

4 Wheel Alignment at Sevenmilestone Garage

Beauty and meal vouchers

Plus much, much more..............

Hope you can join us at Enys Parc - the main event kicks off at 3pm - bar open from 11am - every penny made from sponsorship, collection, raffle and auction will be donated to Lowen Ward at Treliske Hospital.

Rob Stapleton is also feeling well enough to have a quick run out on the pitch which is brilliant so please come along and support his progress - Martyn Kimmins well he's also going to have a run out but I don't expect it will be a very fast one - depends on his poor old knees!

If there is anything you would like to bid for in the auction but can't make it on the day please send me a PM closed bid!

Thank you Mandy Kimmins Chairman St Agnes AFC

Update - the day and fund raising is gathering momentum really well - Rob's Primary School at Mount Hawke is doing a 'wear what you like day' on Friday towards our total and his secondary school at Richard Lander is doing the same on Thursday with half of the proceeds of that coming to the same collection!

I understand there will be a donation collection at the Truro City Presentation night on Saturday for our cause too so make sure all you players/supporters dig deep (and have lots to drink so have good hangovers on Sunday for the game!).

We have sorted sponsored T Shirts for all players & officials to both play in and keep as a momento - they have also raised some money towards our total as well!

All players are reminded please to arrive by 2.15pm at the latest and to bring with them their sponsorship form and monies collected. (And a wallet and cheque book ready for the donation bucket, raffle & auction)

The game will kick off at 3pm - whatever the weather and there will be refreshments in the bar afterwards - we hope players and supporters will join us for the raffle and auction.

All proceeds from this day will be donated to Lowen Ward at Treliske Hospital where Rob Stapleton was looked after so well for his testicular cancer - please try to support him and help us raise as much as we can - St Agnes AFC will not benefit from this day at all - other than another fun day at Enys Parc of course!

Hope to see you all there!

To add to the auction................

A surf lesson - come on you all need one of those!

A silver plated candelabra - think romance - think charity - someone will want it!

8 bottles of alcohol - there's pink champagne, whiskey, 2 bottles of mead (thats the honeymoon drink as we all know) wine, Cava.....

Beautiful basket of fruit.........

The list goes on and on.........

This started as a mini-auction but people have been seriously generous and supportive - thank you all so much!

Hope you can join us this Sunday - 3pm Enys Parc!

Well done to everyone involved this afternoon - that includes all the players and helpers. But especially to Rob and Mandy. I gather about seven and half thousand pounds raised for the charity. Fantastic!

The biggest cheer of the afternoon was when Rob came on to play in the second half .... and what a goal, beautifully taken down on his chest and volleyed home - goal of the match and how fitting.

:D:D :D

An ENORMOUS THANK YOU to everyone who supported our match today!

From the officials to the players, the sponsors to the donators, everyone who turned out at Enys Parc today - basically to everyone who played a part in what was a simply amazing day!

We will be donating at least £7500 to Lowen Ward at Treliske - this ward is an oncology ward - they looked after Rob amazingly well - it could be relevant to any of us directly or indirectly at anytime!

Thank you to everyone - a full report will be posted when we have totalled everything!

Thank you - we have together made a difference!

Mandy Kimmins xxxx

The sun shone over St Agnes as Enys Parc hosted the biggest crowd since its official opening when Exeter City played on the ground in 1980.

Vehicles were abandoned on the approaching roads with the car parking full to capacity as at least 700 people turned out to witness the big event which was Martyn Kimmins' Select Team V Rob Stapleton's Select Team.

The match had been arranged to raise money for the Lowen Ward at Treliske Hospital where Rob had recently received treatment for Testicular Cancer and both team 'managers' for the day had selected teams to take part in the special game including some players from Martyn's playing heyday. Representatives from Lowen Ward came out to watch including Ward Manager Terry Lawrence who said," Thank you for today - the staff and patients on Lowen Ward are really touched and grateful for the support you have all given us"

Both teams turned out smartly in their specially sponsored T Shirts for the day each emblazoned with 'I played for Rob's Ball' on the front with Stapes's Team in red and Kimmo's Team in white and black for the officials.

The match was played with great spirit and to the huge entertainment of the crowd. The scoring was opened by Stapes's Team when Martin Gritton (Macclesfield) pounced on a loose ball in the area and slotted it in.

Kimmo's Team replied when Justin Andrew laid the ball through for Tom Benney to chip it over the advancing keeper Steve Barclay.

The score at half time one all.

The second half saw Stapes's Team regain the lead when Glyn Hooper drove a left footed shot past Trevor Harris.

The final goal of the day and indeed goal of the game was when Rob Stapleton completed the scoreline bringing the ball down on his chest and sliding it into net.

The final scoreline 3-1.

Martyn Kimmins commented," Having seen the team Rob had selected I am very happy with the performance of my team - I was expecting it to be double figures!"

All of the players had been asked to raise a minimum of £20 in sponsorship and the player making the most was Dean Harris who received a prize for his £124.

During the afternoon raffle tickets sold like hot cakes - teas, coffees and food proved very popular - and the finale of the auction kept the money flowing in.

The most expensive lot in the auction proved to be silver plated candleabra which was auctioned not once but twice and raised a staggering £162! (Its probably worth about £10 and has already been donated back to the next charity event!)

The fund raising had also been supported throughout the weekend by members of St Agnes AFC Youth Teams who had also raised money towards the total and Rob's Primary School at Mount Hawke and secondary school Richard Lanbder had also held wear what you like days with proceeds being donated to the collection.

The total proceeds for the day - including partial match funding from Barclays Bank - have already surpassed £7700.

St Agnes AFC Chairman/Auctioneer for the day and event organiser Mandy Kimmins summed the event up by saying," Today was the most amazing event and I would like to thank everyone who has contributed and supported in every way. It is a credit to Rob and people's respect and empathy with him over his recent illness that we have all achieved so much here today. Thank you to all those who sponsored players, the T shirts, provided prizes and everything else in the lead up to this grand total. There is still more money promised and I know that the final total, which I hope will reach £8000, will be used to help the staff on Lowen Ward in their excellent care of the cancer patients on their ward."

At the end of the afternoon Mandy Kimmins presented Rob with the match ball from the day which had been signed by all the players from both sides who had taken part - Rob said,"Thank you - I was waiting all the way through the auction for that because I really wanted it as a momento of a great day!"

Mandy Kimmins St Agnes AFC 01872 553650 07974 370666

If I can work out how to do it I will post some pictures too - they are too big!