Cornwall Football Forum

RESULTS - Saturday 17 February 2024

NATIONAL LEAGUE SOUTH Fixtures - The Vanarama National League (thenationalleague.org.uk)

Saturday February 17, 2024

Bath City    3-1    St. Albans City

Braintree Town    1-0    Torquay United

Dover Athletic    1-2    Dartford

Eastbourne Borough    0-3    Chelmsford City

Farnborough    3-2    Truro City

Hampton & Richmond Borough    0-1    Aveley

Hemel Hempstead Town    1-2    Weston-super-Mare

Slough Town    2-2    Chippenham Town

Taunton Town    P-P    Maidstone United

Welling United    2-2    Tonbridge Angels

Weymouth    1-4    Worthing

Yeovil Town     1-0    Havant & Waterlooville

• Dave Deacon changed the title to RESULTS - Saturday 17 February 2024
4 minutes ago, Ian Pethick said:

4 defeats and a draw for Truro in last 5 games, they are getting sucked back into the NLS relegation picture. Know they have games in hand on the teams around them, but they to start winning them (along with actually getting the "home" fixtures played).

This guy is delusional at times, and often quite unlikeable. Rubbish patterns of play, wasting the talents of Harvey with too much hoof ball. The penalty was a penalty, I was right behind the goal so saw it clearly. Truro often have nothing in the middle of the park, too much going out to the wings. He is right that we defended their 3rd goal awfully. Can't always be the players' fault though Paul. 

1 minute ago, Craze said:

This guy is delusional at times, and often quite unlikeable. Rubbish patterns of play, wasting the talents of Harvey with too much hoof ball. The penalty was a penalty, I was right behind the goal so saw it clearly. Truro often have nothing in the middle of the park, too much going out to the wings. He is right that we defended their 3rd goal awfully. Can't always be the players' fault though Paul. 

Somebody else has pointed out on here that going on a winning run, which is then followed up by a losing streak, is a feature of Paul Wotton's time at Truro. 

1 hour ago, Ian Pethick said:

Somebody else has pointed out on here that going on a winning run, which is then followed up by a losing streak, is a feature of Paul Wotton's time at Truro. 

That was possibly me 😂

Think the reply to my criticism included a lot of the teams at this level  have analytics teams. Which is fair enough. 

Tbh I just hate 5-3-2 when the wing backs aren’t dynamic enough.

Truro massively miss Harvey Geenslade

1 hour ago, Craze said:

That was possibly me 😂

Think the reply to my criticism included a lot of the teams at this level  have analytics teams. Which is fair enough. 

Tbh I just hate 5-3-2 when the wing backs aren’t dynamic enough.

Truro massively miss Harvey Geenslade

Now that the new owners are in place at Truro, and that there is hopefully a bit more finance and general level of interest from them, strengthening the backroom staff must be a priority.  When I see City matches at this level, the opposition frequently has a small army of coaching staff in various roles.  Truro only seem to have Paul Wotton and Stewart Yetton on the bench.